*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released

One report claims they asked him to restructure and he said no.

And now we get to the root cause. Not that there is anything wrong with Suh not wanting to restructure or thinking that it might force Miami's hand so he could find another payday/winning team. Good for him.

But back to the theme of team players, if the team is looking to the highest paid player on the team to TAKE MORE money in order to help out in a tight year, and that player says no, it makes painful decisions a LOT easier. I'm a big Suh fan based on his play and commitment to being dominant on the field. I'm much less of a fan based on how expensive he is and the fact that the combination of Suh on the field and the teams ability to take advantage of him simply didn't come together as one would have hoped.

Time to move on from the 'one super star' player approach and follow the blueprint of most (all?) of the winning teams for the last 2 decades: get your super stars from drafting well, but the team lives and dies on being ONE well oiled machine without any significant holes. And you can't do that playing a player who takes up so much of the cap without showing matching on the field results.

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like the FO is just pushing the panic button at this point? Jeez.

HPkXFmB.jpg

Was just told by a buddy I trust really good. That if Suh is released Bills will make him an offer

Bills re-signed DT Kyle Williams to a one-year, $6 million contract.
the Bills are going to sign Panthers nose tackle Star Lotulelei to a five-year deal when free agency opens.

Doubt they sign Suh unless the Bills are collecting defensive tackles like we're collecting right defensive ends ;)

We are basically subsidizing Suhs production, one of the top dts in the NFL if not the top DT for another team. Now whatever team gets that present from us should really be happy, wouldn't you if your team scooped up such a talent for such a discount. Really that could be said for the Parker, Ajayi pickups pretty easily. Just let that sink in for a minute. Tbum must have a lot of good ole buddies in the NFL recommending his services to other teams.

Largest dead cap hit in NFL history.

Your Miami Dolphins did it.

The hilarious part is we restructured him to get to this point. I'm not sure what the dead hit would've been, but nothing close to the current monstrosity.

Give a guy a monster contract. Immediately restructure monster contract so you can afford to make a splash in FA ... for players I can only assume are gone or garbage. Absorb the monster dead hit you negotiated in order to afford more players who don't move the needle.

That'd be some funny **** if it wasn't so horribly depressing.

Here's my take on Suh, FWIW. If you take away the hype surrounding him, along with the gigantic, disabling contract, I'm not certain this would be such big news based on his play in MIA. He graded out well, but he honestly didn't seem to make "the big play" as often as you would think. If this was just an ordinary name/contract, I think people would be upset because of how he graded, but I did not see a difference maker in the games, personally. Add back into the conversation the contract he carries.... people.. this is not a bad thing. The original contract is the only bad part of this. Don't get me wrong - not anti-Suh, just never really grabbed my heart as a fan like some other defenders did (Wake, Jones, 2nd half Howard).

Here's my take on Suh, FWIW. If you take away the hype surrounding him, along with the gigantic, disabling contract, I'm not certain this would be such big news based on his play in MIA. He graded out well, but he honestly didn't seem to make "the big play" as often as you would think. If this was just an ordinary name/contract, I think people would be upset because of how he graded, but I did not see a difference maker in the games, personally. Add back into the conversation the contract he carries.... people.. this is not a bad thing. The original contract is the only bad part of this. Don't get me wrong - not anti-Suh, just never really grabbed my heart as a fan like some other defenders did (Wake, Jones, 2nd half Howard).

That's because they used him wrong, IMO. Whether that was due to personnel or philosophy, it negated a lot of his impact plays. They used him as someone to take up blocks so others could win one on one matchups. We never had other players capable of doing that on the interior on anything close to a regular basis. Not to mention the LB's who could not tackle. We were somewhere in the worst 6 for missed tackles last year.

There was a reason Suh had more than 8 sacks in 3 separate seasons. 10, 8 & 8.5

Suh isn't an impact player anymore. The dude has 4 forced fumbles in 8 years. That isn't worth that type of money. Defense was 12th in scoring and 20th in yards before he came and has regressed. Aaron Donald forced 5 the past year. Reggie White forced 33 in his career. Suh is lazy.

The hilarious part is we restructured him to get to this point. I'm not sure what the dead hit would've been, but nothing close to the current monstrosity.

Give a guy a monster contract. Immediately restructure monster contract so you can afford to make a splash in FA ... for players I can only assume are gone or garbage. Absorb the monster dead hit you negotiated in order to afford more players who don't move the needle.

That'd be some funny **** if it wasn't so horribly depressing.
It's some sick cruel joke. Tannenbaum must be trying to ruin us. I mean this is all-time stupid type stuff right now. Cutting Suh two years from now or even next off season was much more feasible. But nope, lets get rid of our best player(s) and bring in so-so receivers to supplant the loss of Landry. Totally fine with Wilson, but not at that cost. Amendola- unnecessary. Bringing in a new rookie TE to pair with the rest of the O seems much smarter

Back
Top Bottom