*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released

I will say that I am very disapointed that Suh was released. IMO he was worth every cent. He was double and triple teamed more often than not, yet our LBers could take advantage of that. That is where the loss of Suh will really show up. If you think we struggled on defence this past season, without Suh, this year will be worse.

Suh doesn't bug me, but the Landry situation will keep me in a p'd off mood with the Dolphins prob for decades.
Look at the patriots cap and show me the receiver making 16 million. Hell, show me what Gronk is making.

Will I miss Landry, absolutely, but he made his decision based on Money being the most important thing. I want to see us build like the patriots. Soldid players all around, but Aside from the QB, no one you care about if you cut them for not doing exactly what the coach asks of them.

Don't expect quality play from scrubs. Pats system works because they cheat.
They are wise with their money, but that alone is not enough to be dominant.

You really have to laugh that Armando has already written the article about Suh being a problem for the defense. I wonder who it is feeding him this garbage...straight from Gase, or straight from Tannenbaum?

Hilarious. You blame Suh. You don’t blame Alonso, Timmons, Branch, etc.
He’s not just making it up. All the crap comes out of the woodwork in time. Suh likely a me player with little leadership. Why is it surprising? Fins trying to change culture. This isn’t performance only. Quite the expensive process.

Look at the patriots cap and show me the receiver making 16 million. Hell, show me what Gronk is making.

Will I miss Landry, absolutely, but he made his decision based on Money being the most important thing. I want to see us build like the patriots. Soldid players all around, but Aside from the QB, no one you care about if you cut them for not doing exactly what the coach asks of them.

We need to stop comparing the Dolphins and the Patriots. We can't offer guaranteed success, nor a HOF calibre QB, or one of the most successful coaches in the history of the game. If we want good players, we have to pay them more, thats pretty much all we can offer now and hope that, at some point, success comes. I'd much rather throw money at a player who has proven to us that they can play for this team than make splashy FA moves to bring in other teams castoffs.

Its not like we're the only team that has this problem - how many of the Pats players would make a fortune going to other teams, compared to deals they've signed? Gronk could make a fortune if he was released by the Pats, same with all of their receivers, and Brady. But they take less money for the success that comes with that stinking franchise.

No worries. We will still get to see him twice a year ( God knows it's gonna happen):

m2f1kicn0eni2vgm071e.jpg

We need to stop comparing the Dolphins and the Patriots. We can't offer guaranteed success, nor a HOF calibre QB, or one of the most successful coaches in the history of the game. If we want good players, we have to pay them more, thats pretty much all we can offer now and hope that, at some point, success comes. I'd much rather throw money at a player who has proven to us that they can play for this team than make splashy FA moves to bring in other teams castoffs.

Its not like we're the only team that has this problem - how many of the Pats players would make a fortune going to other teams, compared to deals they've signed? Gronk could make a fortune if he was released by the Pats, same with all of their receivers, and Brady. But they take less money for the success that comes with that stinking franchise.

Good post.

I'm always amused at naive fans trying to peddle "The Patriots" model as the model to replicate.

The Dolphins aren't the Patriots. They don't have the coach or the quarterback. They aren't good enough to pull the interchangeable parts strategy. They need talent. A lot of it. And they need to pay a premium for it. The Dolphins scouring the market for JAG-like offensive lineman and skill players who are going to "do what they are told", is going have them falling flat on their face.

Tannenbaum, Grier, and Gase are trying to operate as the "smartest guys in the room", and they are going to fail. Hard.

I've given this fo the benefit of the doubt on most things in their tenure here but this is just wrong. Someone explain to me what I'm not understanding about this. Why eat all that money

Because we are stupid. This is why you do not continually renegotiate large contracts

Any chance we resign him to a lower contract? Nobody paying him 20 plus again. 3/51 idk what u think he will demand

I was expecting big changes this off season........but DAMN wtf. I wanted Suh here for at least this season and then worry about this in 2019. The guy is still playing at a high level, seems a waste to cut him right now, hopefully it doesn't happen.

I just can not get my mind around cutting a guy who is healthy and plays 90 percent of the defensive snaps ,playing at very good level . Yes he may suck in the locker room, every team has cancers. For 22 million dollars in dead cap. This is crazy. If we could find some linebackers behind him maybe he would not be such a cancer. Is Jonathan Martin coaching this team

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom