SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it...

What was the worst moment broadcast-wise of the game?

• John Madden

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The viewres missing Bill Cowher's Gatorade moment

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mike Holmgren's play calling from 8 minutes left til the final gun

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • The postgame analysis of the 3 stooges(Berman,Irvin,Young)

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
A.P.A said:
I agree, it was an absolute joke. I won't go into other reasons why the officiating was bad, but there were atleast a half dozen plays they called in Pittsburgh's favor. Again, like you, I didn't care who won.
The Hasselbeck personal foul was almost worse than the Polamalu overtured INT against Indy.
The playoff officiating in general has been horrendous

MiamiHitman said:
First off, I just wanna say that, obviously, I am a Dolphins fan, so I am being pretty unbiased with my opinions about what happened in this superbowl.

That being said, I think the referees did an atrocious job officiating this Superbowl, and directly influenced the outcome of this game.

Four plays immediately come to mind:

1) The Roethlisberger TD run where he didn't break the plane of the goal-line. The ref started to call Roethlisberger down, but then changed his mind after watching Big Ben crawl forward another couple yards into the endzone. That was not a TD. And how was it not over-turned? Geez.

2) Offensive pass interference against the Seahawks in the endzone that negated a TD. Of all the bad calls, this is the one that I could let slide if this were the only bad call of the game, but that is not the case here.

3) The phantom holding call that took away a nice play that would have given Seattle a 1st down at the 1-yard line. This call was really, REALLY bad.

4) And why the heck was Hasselbeck called for a personal foul for making a tackle?

In recap, I can think of reasons for wanting either team to win. I was really just hoping, for a good, clean, exciting Superbowl and these referees really ruined it for me.

The only way the Refs could have ruined this game,is if your were a Seahawks fan.that being said,the Seahawks just didnt make enough plays to win the game PERIOD. woulda,coulda,shoulda.

Hines Ward pushed off a defender on a third down play and the refs didn't call it...this after they took a Seahawks touchdown away for the same infraction....can you say fix!

who cares? the Steelers won by 11 and were the better team, they were a team of destiny. if the game was closer than I'd say the refs blew it but what does it matter? Big Ben didn't get a TD but than it would have been 4th and goal, they would have went for it and gotten it. they were an inch away and they have a guy called the Bus. the refs do a bad job but in this case it didn't decide the game

It was terrible the whole playoffs.

There are TOO many rules. They are making this game TOO complicated. Pass interference needs to be cleared up. Illegal Contact needs to just go away.

This is what the Seahawks fans think of the officiating: :sidelol:

clear.gif

MiamiHitman said:
First off, I just wanna say that, obviously, I am a Dolphins fan, so I am being pretty unbiased with my opinions about what happened in this superbowl.

That being said, I think the referees did an atrocious job officiating this Superbowl, and directly influenced the outcome of this game.

Four plays immediately come to mind:

1) The Roethlisberger TD run where he didn't break the plane of the goal-line. The ref started to call Roethlisberger down, but then changed his mind after watching Big Ben crawl forward another couple yards into the endzone. That was not a TD. And how was it not over-turned? Geez.

2) Offensive pass interference against the Seahawks in the endzone that negated a TD. Of all the bad calls, this is the one that I could let slide if this were the only bad call of the game, but that is not the case here.

3) The phantom holding call that took away a nice play that would have given Seattle a 1st down at the 1-yard line. This call was really, REALLY bad.

4) And why the heck was Hasselbeck called for a personal foul for making a tackle?

In recap, I can think of reasons for wanting either team to win. I was really just hoping, for a good, clean, exciting Superbowl and these referees really ruined it for me.

Don't forget the horse collar tackle by Porter on Alexander right before that Hass BS personal foul tackle. Why even have the freaking rule if they aren't going to call it.

nick1 said:
who cares? the Steelers won by 11 and were the better team, they were a team of destiny. if the game was closer than I'd say the refs blew it but what does it matter? Big Ben didn't get a TD but than it would have been 4th and goal, they would have went for it and gotten it. they were an inch away and they have a guy called the Bus. the refs do a bad job but in this case it didn't decide the game
and maybe the fumble the snap on 4th down or maybe he's stopped you dont know that

duss12 said:
and maybe the fumble the snap on 4th down or maybe he's stopped you dont know that
yeah maybe but thats a huge maybe, they won by 11 which is two scores. thats all I'm saying

Seattle got SCREWED

WHO agrees? seattle got shafted today.. holding on loclear, which wasnt and that wouldve put them on pghs 3 (great drive from their own 4?) ben didnt cross the plain...questionable pass int... nfl really wanted pgh to win this one...:fire:

SMadison29 said:
Don't forget the horse collar tackle by Porter on Alexander right before that Hass BS personal foul tackle. Why even have the freaking rule if they aren't going to call it.

You know what Im glad you caught that! I sure did and i was wondering why didnt they call it?

Too many things that shouldnt have called on seattle and some things that should have been called on PITT..

It was really bad..

a shameful game to watch

It is not just horrible for us the real watchers of the game , but for the NFL in general , the refs changed the outcome of this game a lot , im pretty sure not even the most die hard steelers can deny that ...... not one but none of the controversial calls were in favor of the hawks .

a bad day for the history of the game .and NFL´s credibility as a whole .

nick1 said:

All we are saying is that these penalties they called on seattle were game changing calls. Every one of those calls were critical plays that were good and would have changed the whole outcome.

The refs shouldnt decide the game, the players should. It was real bad and it was evident!

Was the SB fixed?

WOW. This was so disheartening to watch as a fan of NFL football.

Hopefully if any of our teams make the big game, they won't have to face a media darling that the refs will willingly throw the game for.

Back
Top Bottom