SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it...

What was the worst moment broadcast-wise of the game?

• John Madden

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The viewres missing Bill Cowher's Gatorade moment

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mike Holmgren's play calling from 8 minutes left til the final gun

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • The postgame analysis of the 3 stooges(Berman,Irvin,Young)

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
B-LO said:
That's the problem. Everytime Seattle made a huge play, the refs negated it with a bogus call. Unbelieveable.

Like when? When the receiver pushed off? He should have gotten away with it?

It was not fixed, there were some bad calls but the game was up in the air after the seahawks intercepted Big Ben and scored a TD. they had a real chance to win. . . they didn`t, period.

MikeO said:
If it was FIXED then Holmgren must have been on it also because he didn't even give his team a chance at an onside kick to tie the game late
it wasnt fixed in that way... nfl made sure seattle had a tough time winning it thats all.. players and coaches arent in the "fixing" it was the damn refs.... c'mon...holding? that was the turning point...

I do agree that there were some pretty bad questionable calls throughout the game all or most which favored Pittsburgh, but I don't see why that has to result in the game being fixed by the officials. If games were fixed... it wouldn't just be this game... and it was proven this game was fixed, then any game could be fixed or maybe even all games... and if all games are fixed, what's the f*cking point? I'm not going to say I ever see myself not watching football but my whole views and beliefs would drastically changed if I found out all football games are fixed... this isn't professional wrestling, you know that they plan and script what's going to happen... until proven otherwise, I do not believe football games are rigged or fxied, this game included.

I agree whole heartedly.
1 - the ticky tack interference call
2 - Ben didnt get in the endzone
3 - The "holding calls" on big Seattle plays esp when Pitt was offsides anyways.
4 - The Horse caller non call
5 - The play that shouldnt have happened Hasselbeck tackle cause of the non holding/offside and horsecaller.
6 - If Hasselbeck made an illegal tackle/block what about Bens on Randel El's touchdown throw?

ecactly... great points as well... its a sad day in the NFL for me, that the media, fans all wanted the "cinderella story"( jeromes final game in the SB at home in Detroit) and refs handed it to him

The REF's took away at least 11 points away from Seattle IMO. I have ultimate respect for the Steelers. They had nothing to do with how awful the REF's were. They did what they had to do to win.

But these REF's are horrible. If I was a Seattle fan or if you lost $ on this game you have to be very upset!

Maybe we can all Paypal the NFL in the hopes of the Dolphins becoming the leagues next "Golden" franchise.......

Seems to have worked for the Pats and now the Stealers

They made a conscious effort to go pittsburgh's way. I know it sounds idiotic and i can't believe im saying this, but after watching the game for the second time on tivo it sure looks like it was fixed.

A list of Terrible Calls

1. PI in the endzone against Seattle. Takes a TD away

2. Bens TD, the ref clearly looks as if he would signal fourth down, then changes his mind and declares TD. The call could not be overturned due to inconclusive evidence. Therefore, the call on the field was huge.

3. Holding on #75 when Hasselbeck completes it to the 1 yard line. Terrible call. The guy was actually offsides for crying out loud.

4. A couple plays later the same gut jumps off sides, sacks Hasselbeck, and no flag is thrown.

5. Horse collar anyone. Alexander was clearly horse collared by Porter no cal is made.

6. Hasselbeck personal foul for blocking below the knees. He is a QB, give me a break.

7. Time runs out on a 3rd and six, then Ben calls timeout. Oh wait a minute they give Ben the TO before the clock runs out. BS call. There is a big difference in 3rd and six and 3rd and eleven.

Well that is all I got feel free to add to the list.

I must say that I felt as if this game was being run by the XFL not the NFL. This is absolutely unacceptable as a fan. What is sad is that I hate both teams. I only like the Fins, but fair is fair and that was the furthest thing from it.

Hasselbeck got called with a hit below the knees on his block, BUT Roethlisberger made a block below the knees on the reverse TD pass by Randel El to Hines Ward.....why no flag on Ben???? It was FIXED!!!!!!!

Game was boring, Officiating was bad, National Anthem singing was garbage, and the Halftime show was just as bad if not worse.

Back
Top Bottom