Support For Coach Gase | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Support For Coach Gase

I am still on the fence about him. He often chokes with play calling in big spots. Last week vs the Bills, 3rd and less then a yard, you QB sneak get the 1st down and end the game. Bills had no time outs. Instead he runs wildcat, allowing penetration and almost blowing the game. Today he has 3rd and 1 and Gore tearing them up and he chooses to play action pass with Tannehill on a injured ankle, another dumb call resulting in a sack.

Another big problem is his hiring assistants. Burke is a complete disaster as a DC and has no business being in that position. The defensive scheme is absolutely terrible in all areas and Gase has done nothing as the man in charge, to discipline Burke or make him make adjustments or simply get rid of him.

I'm not one of those that wants Gase fired.....but boy, you scratch your head sometimes at the play calling. I still think he can be successful, but I do believe he needs to give up playcalling and hire a legit OC.

I think Gase goes with what will work best against the particular defensive formation, which is why he often passes when the box is stacked even in short yardage. The fans just want a run there, but with our line the odds of converting 3rd and short running the ball are not as good as people think. I do agree and understand the frustration running on 3rd and a million just to punt though.

As said already lose the WR screen totally, If he went totally QB under center and actually signed a fully functional FB like James Develin. I would be inclined to change my opinion.

RT and the rest of the offense plays so much faster from under center

The scoreboard loves Adam Gase.

I've stopped trying to figure it out. Just enjoy the inevitability. As long as the Dolphins are at home in a tight game nothing ends tamely or logically.

I'm not sure opposing teams are prepared for that. Once New England led 27-21 they seemed to lose intensity and take things for granted. Every time they ran the ball on first down I wanted to shake Belichick's hand. Pal, you're worried about the weather and shortening the game. Meanwhile if you allow this Gase crew to hang around there are big plays galore. Probability is out the window.

Difficult to believe New England wouldn't have scored far more points if they hadn't been more aggressive on first down.

When opponents face these Dolphins two of the guarantees are missed kicks and dropped interceptions. Both played out again today. Instead of simulating weather, opposing special teams coaches should have their kicker aim at goal posts 10 feet more narrow. I'm serious. When an opposing team makes a kick against the Dolphins I'm wondering how it happened.

There has never been a stretch like this in franchise history. I've never seen from any team. Not only do we win the tight games but it's not like they get to a narrow lead and stay that way. It's crazy stuff from all angles. Last week will look like a 21-17 game that stayed there but we all know how it ended with the Josh Allen to Charles Clay play.

BTW, I pointed out last week that there was nearly a minute remaining even if that Charles Clay play had been a touchdown. Every summation said it would have been a game winning touchdown pass.

Are you out of your mind? Against the Adam Gase Dolphins, in season 2018?

Maybe this will wear out but I'm loving it now.

The guarantee from today is that both Gase and Tannehill will be back next season. No reason to think about any other scenario. Both have done enough.

Yeah I'm still totally anti-Gase.... But EVERYONE is off the hook this week. Don't care. We just beat those dirty thotties. I'm good.

Christmas came early just like Black Wednesday online shopping.

When I read "thotties" I giggled like a schoolgirl.

Not ashamed to admit that.

I find most of the complaints about problems with Gase's coaching overstated and under thought out.

I'm beginning to feel too many posters here use an exceptionally narrow or incomplete in their view of the function of a coach. I'd like to see a post where all the requirements for an effective head coach are defined and all the situations where those requirements are most effected by players, coaching staff and opposing teams interactions are broken down in detail.

I'm not looking for those over simplistic "win the #$%# game" statements, but a structured review of how the stated requirements for a head coach interact with the current status of players, coaching staff and opposing teams. This would probably be such a long post that it would need to be done as a series.

Then I may be more sympathetic to some of those posters complaints about Gase.

I’m still on the fence with Gase. His play calling on the 1st drives of these past couple games have been pretty damn good. But he throws in a few head scratchers in the game at inopportune times that just completely take the air out of the offense. His aggressiveness in today’s game I want to see more of, none of these trying to be too smart for his own good plays.

I think Gase goes with what will work best against the particular defensive formation, which is why he often passes when the box is stacked even in short yardage. The fans just want a run there, but with our line the odds of converting 3rd and short running the ball are not as good as people think. I do agree and understand the frustration running on 3rd and a million just to punt though.

I hear you....I'm not specifically speaking of the 3rd and 1 late in todays game.....but generally I don't understand what he is thinking at times.

Today, I don't think we pick that up if we run Gore...the Pats expected that and I think the call there should have been a sneak. But I understand the pass option against that stacked box. However, I have also seen him do that when the run has been extremely effective and against more favorable defensive alignments. Additionally, throw in the ridiculous stuff he did in the Indy game and the predictability...especially when the scripted plays are done.....is really where I form my opinion.

Agreed. We won in spite of Gase not because of him. He’s still a very bad HC and playcaller who needs to be canned at the end of the year regardless if we miraculously make the playoffs or not, and Burke needs to be canned tomorrow!

I think you are wrong. If he does not handle the Jones issue correctly, then the chemistry on the team is not capable of the win today. If he did not make the decision to give Bolden opportunities, then we do not win this game. If he risked RT more like many on the board want, then we do not win this game.

I hear you....I'm not specifically speaking of the 3rd and 1 late in todays game.....but generally I don't understand what he is thinking at times.

Today, I don't think we pick that up if we run Gore...the Pats expected that and I think the call there should have been a sneak. But I understand the pass option against that stacked box. However, I have also seen him do that when the run has been extremely effective and against more favorable defensive alignments. Additionally, throw in the ridiculous stuff he did in the Indy game and the predictability...especially when the scripted plays are done.....is really where I form my opinion.

I can't sit here and criticize Gase for the 3rd and short call when I knew the moment Stills slid we we're gonna convert. We ran the ball well but the Pats have always done well defending obvious play calls.

If he isnt coach of the year this year I have no idea who is!!!

though on a serious note, If he isn't our coach this year then this roster probably has about 3 wins

Don't believe the delusion you read online. A flawed, badly built, beat up roster isn't grinding out tough wins because they have a bad coach the players don't believe in.

Though I hated not going for it on 4th down.

I'm not one of those that wants Gase fired.....but boy, you scratch your head sometimes at the play calling. I still think he can be successful, but I do believe he needs to give up playcalling and hire a legit OC.
I still can’t understand his aversion to running a high percentage run play on 3rd and 1 at critical moments in games. I feel he’s been real stubborn there and he tries to be too cute. I wish he would give up the play calling and focus on coaching the team and game management but I don’t think he’ll ever do that. At this point I could take him or leave him. Probably leave him to be honest. I don’t see him getting smarter or wiser from his mistakes is the problem.

I find most of the complaints about problems with Gase's coaching overstated and under thought out.

I'm beginning to feel too many posters here use an exceptionally narrow or incomplete in their view of the function of a coach. I'd like to see a post where all the requirements for an effective head coach are defined and all the situations where those requirements are most effected by players, coaching staff and opposing teams interactions are broken down in detail.

I'm not looking for those over simplistic "win the #$%# game" statements, but a structured review of how the stated requirements for a head coach interact with the current status of players, coaching staff and opposing teams. This would probably be such a long post that it would need to be done as a series.

Then I may be more sympathetic to some of those posters complaints about Gase.

I agree with you that the full list of responsibilities and impacts are not consider. Most of the complaints are general, but I admit most are focused on key components of how he defines his role: play calling, player development, management of his staff, and game management. I believe he has done a fantastic job with player relationships. I agree with every player he has shown the door and how he handled the Jones situation this year. I believe he is the driving force elevating the value of speed. I truly believe he has lobbied for Grant, Wilson, McMillian, Baker, and others. Speed has been a key component of many of our wins.

As said already lose the WR screen totally, If he went totally QB under center and actually signed a fully functional FB like James Develin. I would be inclined to change my opinion.

RT and the rest of the offense plays so much faster from under center

im all for going back to a traditional fullback.

Back
Top Bottom