Surprise cause for Dolphins’ disinterest in Jadeveon Clowney | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surprise cause for Dolphins’ disinterest in Jadeveon Clowney

Obrien for all his faults saw Clowney for what he was, an immensely talented player who never put the time in to become what become something special.

These players are not really worth it....flashy, but simply not consistent or reliable. It a shame, he had the talent to be Reggie White, just not the worth ethic and dare I say character as well.

I would have signed him for one year just as the Browns did. He would have been no better or worse than Shaq Lawson. The silver lining is that we could simply let him walk the next year for a future comp pick...

I see the same future with Wes Fuller and Mat Skura....

We got rid of KVN which imo is a more dependable player so why insert Clowney into this mix. He wasn't looking for a 1 year deal or anything like that. Zaven Collins with our 18th pick would fill in our defensive needs. There is no edge threat in this draft that we will be able to want to draft with our 1st and 18th pick unless Paye happens to remain there.

We got rid of KVN which imo is a more dependable player so why insert Clowney into this mix. He wasn't looking for a 1 year deal or anything like that. Zaven Collins with our 18th pick would fill in our defensive needs. There is no edge threat in this draft that we will be able to want to draft with our 1st and 18th pick unless Paye happens to remain there.
How was Van Noy a more dependable player?

I think folks still see him playing like he did more than 2x years ago, when yes - he was a disruptive force, even in limited reps ... but his last 2x years of injury, he has not shown that at all ...

NO way you pay him 10M right now, unless you have tons of CAP space to throw away ...

I think folks still see him playing like he did more than 2x years ago, when yes - he was a disruptive force, even in limited reps ... but his last 2x years of injury, he has not shown that at all ...

NO way you pay him 10M right now, unless you have tons of CAP space to throw away ...
In this day and age...$10 million is a lot?

More consistent productive, better leadership. Why overspend for him? We do need an edge, but we can pick someone in the lower rounds to groom them. There are about 10 edge players in this draft that have potential but extremely unrefined.
I disagree...

Who is in the lower rounds (5-7) that is worth grooming?

Would that person produce better than Clowney?

Would that person have more total snaps than Clowney?

After one year is up, does that player have the same value on the FA market as Clowney would have?

Yeah he makes one or two flashy plays a game and is mostly silent otherwise. Just like his college time. Everyone fell in love after that one infamous TFL and fumble recovery.

He's no Aaron Donald, who has 5+ pressures a game even with entire game plans centered around double teaming and going away from him
Hey man, I haven’t seen him play lately but he was a force in the Seahawks/Eagles wildcard game from Jan 2020, I believe. At least early, he may have faded though but that was after Wentz left with injury imo

Back
Top Bottom