Surprise cause for Dolphins’ disinterest in Jadeveon Clowney | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surprise cause for Dolphins’ disinterest in Jadeveon Clowney

He has never lived up to the expectations of being a great player in the NFL. Over the past three years he hasn’t even been a mediocre player and he has constantly been injured.

The Dolphins are very fortunate he didn’t want to be part of the Tunsil trade and I have zero interest in ever seeing him as a Miami Dolphin.

Clowney has got to be one of the the most overrated players ever. I’m not saying he’s a scrub, but I don’t think he’s as good to warrant all these teams drooling over him. Glad he’s not with Miami, so he can want out and want a huge contract after one season.
My buddies and I were just discussing that we all had as many sacks as Clowney last season, zero. Lol.

Agree to disagree, just because he doesn't get sacks doesn't mean he doesn't derail plays by getting in the backfield. Plus his run stuffing abilities.
Yea living here in TN, that’s just flat wrong. He was invisible last year. He is an “almost” guy as in he was so close and ALMOST made a play.

Speculation just let this dude do what he wants. His life.

Dude unless he plays like. a beast for us, or to give you the benefit of the doubt, unless he plays like a beast period then there aint no reason to defend him. I love ya brother./large contact
You're thinking short-term...

My position is that he's as good an end as we can get in the draft AND he has the added bonus of being a FA at the end of the season. We don't resign him, he signs somewhere else for a decent/large contract, we get a 4th/5th round comp for him....

That's how I view signing Clowney, but make no mistake, I don't really care that we didn't. I saw an opportunity to pick up draft capital.

My position is that he's as good an end as we can get in the draft AND he has the added bonus of being a FA at the end of the season. We don't resign him, he signs somewhere else for a decent/large contract, we get a 4th/5th round comp for him....

That's how I view signing Clowney, but make no mistake, I don't really care that we didn't. I saw an opportunity to pick up draft capital.
Im thinking he signed for less becauze

For the price he signed he signed I am under the impression there was a motive. I agre with you in a way. I cant sit here at the end of the day and tell you he wouldn't have contributed for us because that is not true. But that draft capital would have made it worth it.

Forget the Order in which they come:

1. Philips
2. Paye
3. Rosseau
4. Oweh
5. Ossai
6. Turner
7. Tryon

And a few I haven't mentioned. Paye is the most complete one and I don't know or feel the rest have the skills needed yet to be considered start ready. But we can see a few teams drafting some of these guys 2nd to 5th round.

Back
Top Bottom