Sustainability | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sustainability

The one guy I would like to go get in FA is Agholor, pair him up with a 1st round pick and I think this drastically improves our offence.
I watched his entire career in Philly...

He was basically run out of town. Couldn't catch to save his life.

I liked his demeanor during the whole time, but he might just be a west coast type of guy.

But being unrealistic, or overpaying, isn't one of them.
Who said anything about over paying?

This front office has done everything except overpay. Jones might be the exception.

There are not enough balls in Cleveland something has to break. Remember that popular but false statement that running backs are a dime a dozen. We have proven thats not true. Miami has the draft capital and cap space to target any player they want. I just hope its Chubb or Hunt.

This front office has done everything except overpay. Jones might be the exception.

There are not enough balls in Cleveland something has to break. Remember that popular but false statement that running backs are a dime a dozen. We have proven thats not true. Miami has the draft capital and cap space to target any player they want. I just hope its Chubb or Hunt.

So Cleveland’s just going to give us one of their RBs, because we need it? Hunt signed a 2 year contract, knowing Chubb was there. He’s clearly okay with his playing time and his autistic.

And I think we actually have proven it is true that RBs are a dime a dozen. We have a below average run blocking offensive line and just had an undrafted free agent running back run for 120+ yards lol.

Again, not realistic, IMO.

First, we would have to give up a valuable draft pick, then resign the player who, at that point, would have all the leverage. Similar to how Tunsil was able to force Houston to pay too much.

Again, not realistic, IMO.

First, we would have to give up a valuable draft pick, then resign the player who, at that point, would have all the leverage. Similar to how Tunsil was able to force Houston to pay too much.

All draft picks are hit or miss no draft pick is guarenteed because the round they were selected but when players see winning culture, a qb on the rise and a coach that breathes fire players will come. Its not a coincidence that Van Noy is in Miami and we did not over spend on Bridgewater, Clowney, or Bell.

PS: Houston front office was a **** show we do not have those kinds of inept people anymore. We shafted them.

So Cleveland’s just going to give us one of their RBs, because we need it? Hunt signed a 2 year contract, knowing Chubb was there. He’s clearly okay with his playing time and his autistic.

And I think we actually have proven it is true that RBs are a dime a dozen. We have a below average run blocking offensive line and just had an undrafted free agent running back run for 120+ yards lol.
When was the last time a DIME A DOZEN DOLPHIN RB RAN FOR 100 YARDS????

I think this offseason could be very unpredictable with the expected reduction to the salary cap. I would think there are going to be more veterans released than normal, as teams struggle to get down to the new cap number.

All draft picks are hit or miss no draft pick is guarenteed because the round they were selected but when players see winning culture, a qb on the rise and a coach that breathes fire players will come. Its not a coincidence that Van Noy is in Miami and we did not over spend on Bridgewater, Clowney, or Bell.

PS: Houston front office was a **** show we do not have those kinds of inept people anymore. We shafted them.
And none of that is relavent to how realistic attaining either of the specific players is, that you mentioned.

Explain how you think the specifics would go down.

I understand, you like the players, and believe they would help this team. Just very very very unlikely, IMO.

When was the last time a DIME A DOZEN DOLPHIN RB RAN FOR 100 YARDS????

...yesterday. And our offensive line the past few years has been absolutely trash. No running back can be successful with a terrible offensive line. Many running backs can be successful with a good offensive line. Dime a dozen running backs mean nothing with a bad offensive line. So do you break the bank and pay a running back a bunch of money, despite running backs not having a long shelf life, or do you continue to build the team around that position.

When is the last time a top running back won a superbowl? Marshall Faulk maybe? In todays NFL, you throw to open up the run.

...yesterday. And our offensive line the past few years has been absolutely trash. No running back can be successful with a terrible offensive line. Many running backs can be successful with a good offensive line. Dime a dozen running backs mean nothing with a bad offensive line. So do you break the bank and pay a running back a bunch of money, despite running backs not having a long shelf life, or do you continue to build the team around that position.

When is the last time a top running back won a superbowl? Marshall Faulk maybe? In todays NFL, you throw to open up the run.
Well, let's just get a guy like Faulk in here then. What are we waiting for?

Miami needs to add LBer, RB and WR talent badly.

Whatever means
I would say we need WRs badly then RBs, and then and LB/Edge. I don't think we badly need an LB, but I'll take an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom