Sustainability | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sustainability

When was the last time a DIME A DOZEN DOLPHIN RB RAN FOR 100 YARDS????
Against a Belichick defense no less.

One thing this team is showing, that we've seen in many past years from the Patriots, is they get better toward the end of the season.

The 2019 Patriots were an outlier, their defense started off all-world, but came back to earth the back half of the season. Miami's defense is getting better, and if we have actually found a run game to go with it, watch the hell out.

Again, not an actual answer as to the mechanics of how it would work.
It's not my job to make it work it's my job to be a fan if I want my team to target a player that's my prerogative.

Who doesn't know we had a back go over 100 yards yesterday?

I will rephrase the question. Who was the last Dime a Dozen DOLPHIN RB to run for 100 yds since AHMED did it yesterday?

The offensive line excuse is crap. Our O-LINE was banged up yesterday and we almost had 2 backs go over 100 yards. It's the commitment, not excuses that get results.

It's not my job to make it work it's my job to be a fan if I want my team to target a player that's my prerogative.

Who doesn't know we had a back go over 100 yards yesterday?

I will rephrase the question. Who was the last Dime a Dozen DOLPHIN RB to run for 100 yds since AHMED did it yesterday?

The offensive line excuse is crap. Our O-LINE was banged up yesterday and we almost had 2 backs go over 100 yards. It's the commitment, not excuses that get results.
I have no issue if ppl are just casual fans, that don't care to have more depth in discussions. If that's the case with you, I apologize, but don't then go all over the map trying to defend a position.

You said quote "there is more than one way to skin a cat".

I don't think it is unreasonable for another poster to ask what that way could possibly be.

Again, my apologies.

Have an outstanding day.

Against a Belichick defense no less.

One thing this team is showing, that we've seen in many past years from the Patriots, is they get better toward the end of the season.

The 2019 Patriots were an outlier, their defense started off all-world, but came back to earth the back half of the season. Miami's defense is getting better, and if we have actually found a run game to go with it, watch the hell out.

A little OT, but not only did Miami's RBs run for 3 miles against NE, they were running through tractor-trailer sized holes. Can't remember the last time I saw that.

I'd think about extensions for Needham (who is a restricted FA), Baker and Gesicki (both of which will be entering the final year of their rookie deal) to keep some of the developed talent in the building.

A discussion on Ogbah is worthwhile too, but we still have another year of him on a 7.5m deal, so might just make him replicate his production this year before committing. Godchaux probably goes somewhere else, but I like him for a prove-it deal or cheap two-year. Would expect that fall just below the Sieler APY (which was already ridiculously cheap).

Try resign Grugier Hill if possible, he's got plus athleticism at LB and has had some nice plays this year. Would be cheap-enough, I'd guess. I think you can replace Roberts fairly easily, but wouldn't be surprised if he gets resigned because the staff likes him.

ST unit is one I'd keep together too -- Haack is worth a new contract, but for Sanders maybe let him play out his last year and see then. Everyone knows kickers can sour fast and it's not like his deal is going to balloon if he has another great year.

At receiver, you hear a lot about Juju, and he probably fits as a versatile win option in the slot. I only go for him if his deal isn't some superstar level thing, and we take a high-level outside threat in the draft (Waddle/Smith/Chase). Gotta be wary about big FA WR contracts. Curious about the price Curtis Samuel comes at too, estimated at 11m APY, which is too much for me, but maybe with the restricted cap space this year you see these deals come in under estimates. And anyway, with Tua playing as a bit of a card dealer at QB, having a bunch of guys serves him better rather than throwing money at a Robinson, Golladay, or Godwin-type.

I have no issue if ppl are just casual fans, that don't care to have more depth in discussions. If that's the case with you, I apologize, but don't then go all over the map trying to defend a position.

You said quote "there is more than one way to skin a cat".

I don't think it is unreasonable for another poster to ask what that way could possibly be.

Again, my apologies.

Have an outstanding day.

I am sorry I didn't stick to the topic of SB MVP running backs and bad OL play during the in-depth discussion of acquiring players (CHUBB or HUNT) who are not free agents.

I may have also went off course when I said Miami has the draft capital and cap space to target whoever they want and I hope its Chubb or Hunt.

I should have not assume everyone has a clue on how players are acquired or someone was not going to twist the post to fit their agenda. I have been on the board too long to fall for this.

I am sorry I didn't stick to the topic of SB MVP running backs and bad OL play during the in-depth discussion of acquiring players (CHUBB or HUNT) who are not free agents.

I may have also went off course when I said Miami has the draft capital and cap space to target whoever they want and I hope its Chubb or Hunt.

I should have not assume everyone has a clue on how players are acquired or someone was not going to twist the post to fit their agenda. I have been on the board too long to fall for this.
a5mo.jpg

I'd think about extensions for Needham (who is a restricted FA), Baker and Gesicki (both of which will be entering the final year of their rookie deal) to keep some of the developed talent in the building.

A discussion on Ogbah is worthwhile too, but we still have another year of him on a 7.5m deal, so might just make him replicate his production this year before committing. Godchaux probably goes somewhere else, but I like him for a prove-it deal or cheap two-year. Would expect that fall just below the Sieler APY (which was already ridiculously cheap).

Try resign Grugier Hill if possible, he's got plus athleticism at LB and has had some nice plays this year. Would be cheap-enough, I'd guess. I think you can replace Roberts fairly easily, but wouldn't be surprised if he gets resigned because the staff likes him.

ST unit is one I'd keep together too -- Haack is worth a new contract, but for Sanders maybe let him play out his last year and see then. Everyone knows kickers can sour fast and it's not like his deal is going to balloon if he has another great year.

At receiver, you hear a lot about Juju, and he probably fits as a versatile win option in the slot. I only go for him if his deal isn't some superstar level thing, and we take a high-level outside threat in the draft (Waddle/Smith/Chase). Gotta be wary about big FA WR contracts. Curious about the price Curtis Samuel comes at too, estimated at 11m APY, which is too much for me, but maybe with the restricted cap space this year you see these deals come in under estimates. And anyway, with Tua playing as a bit of a card dealer at QB, having a bunch of guys serves him better rather than throwing money at a Robinson, Golladay, or Godwin-type.

Yeah i'd pay for Godwin guy just gets open with a quickness, Seperation from the CB is just the type of thing we don't have in Miami, I'd trade the Falcons a 2nd rounder for Julio Jones as well if they are trying to retool but they'd have to eat the signing bonus they gave him.

Back
Top Bottom