Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC

They would be foolish to leave the big east. Best basketball conference going. If they left i wonder if Boeheim would even wanna stay. He threatened to quit when they were mentioned to leave the big east for the acc years ago. I wonder what he does now. Another funny side note, was that Jamie Dixon pushed for the big east to go after TCU and now Pitt and him could be leaving. I believe he is a TCU grad. These shake-ups are going to ruin college sports.

Point is there is NO Big East anymore in reality. Football wise at least and football is where all the money is. There will be 4 SUPER Conferences of 16 teams. Big 12 and Big East are gone. So you BETTER find a spot in one of those 4 conferences. Thats what SU and Pitt did today. When the music stops you better have a chair. SU and Pitt now have a chair. Kansas, K-State, Rutgers, UCONN, West Virginia, Missouri..etc....they still don't. Those schools should be VERY VERY NERVOUS! SU and Pitt can sleep easy now.

The Big East will be a basketball conference like the Atlantic 10. And football wise it won't exist. SU and Pitt get MORE $$$$$$$, are in a stable conference, and will make more money by playing "bigger" name teams in every sport. They had to go.

Rumor now is Texas and Notre Dame will join the ACC for ALL sports except football, stay independent there. And they each will schedule 4 ACC teams a year in football and use the ACC bowl tie-in's.

Nice. I would love to see my canes pound them in football again.

Big East basketball will be fine. They can not only exist, but still be very powerful being made up only of mostly their original members(most of which being the catholic schools Nova, ND, Georgetown etc etc etc..) Football is obviously finished, hell it already has been for years. Big East football is a joke.

WVU better find its way into the ACC, SEC, or Big 10 real soon. SEC would obviously be the best, but they need to find a way to schedule Pitt every year if they dont get into the ACC. We have already lost rivalries with Va Tech and Penn St when those teams went into their conferences years back. The ACC would keep the back yard brawl alive, as well as renew the rivalry with VA Tech.

Ive heard that WVU turned the ACC down because they are supposed to be the other team with Texas A&M to join the SEC. I hope this is true, otherwise we may not find a chair when the music stops as MikeO said.

What the Big East needs to do now is take a deep breather and reload. If I was the commissioner of the Big East, this is what I would do. I would quickly call Kansas, Kansas St and Missouri. Get them on the phone asap and ask them if they like to join the Big East. By doing this you would be bringing in 3 quality teams. All three of those are good basketball programs. You would have 18 schools for basketball, with TCU coming in next yr. For f'ball which I could care less about, you would have an even 10. Maybe go ahead and add Temple and Nova and then you have the 12 you want. All is well. All that needs to happen is some patience and be aggressive and get those teams. I guarantee you that if those schools are given a call and asked to join, they would do it. Where else are they going to go?

Big East basketball will be fine. They can not only exist, but still be very powerful being made up only of mostly their original members(most of which being the catholic schools Nova, ND, Georgetown etc etc etc..) Football is obviously finished, hell it already has been for years. Big East football is a joke.

Ive heard that WVU turned the ACC down because they are supposed to be the other team with Texas A&M to join the SEC. I hope this is true, otherwise we may not find a chair when the music stops as MikeO said.

When WV was beating Oklahoma and Georgia a few years back in BCS bowls it wasn't a joke. This notion that Big East Football is(was) so much lower than ACC football is the joke. ACC has a terrible record in BCS games since the BCS was formed. But that is neither here nor there.

The ACC will NEVER add WV. WV doesn't have the academic standing to match with the other ACC schools. And YES that does matter. If the ACC goes to 16, expect UCONN and Rutgers.

When WV was beating Oklahoma and Georgia a few years back in BCS bowls it wasn't a joke. This notion that Big East Football is(was) so much lower than ACC football is the joke. ACC has a terrible record in BCS games since the BCS was formed. But that is neither here nor there.

The ACC will NEVER add WV. WV doesn't have the academic standing to match with the other ACC schools. And YES that does matter. If the ACC goes to 16, expect UCONN and Rutgers.

ACC is a joke in basketball too. They are really the big 2 (UNC and Duke) and that's it. ACC created this mess years ago and now the college landscape will change once more again, because of them.

One thing I know for certain: Louisville's AD, Tom Jurich, is one of the best ADs in the country and he'll get us in the best position. University of Louisville athletics is a $74 million corporation WITHOUT a major football following. We'll end up in a good situation.

ACC is a joke in basketball too. They are really the big 2 (UNC and Duke) and that's it. ACC created this mess years ago and now the college landscape will change once more again, because of them.

Syracuse and Pitt bring ACC basketball back to a much higher level than it has been in recent years. The days of the Big 2 are over with and you can say its now the Big 4.

One thing I know for certain: Louisville's AD, Tom Jurich, is one of the best ADs in the country and he'll get us in the best position. University of Louisville athletics is a $74 million corporation WITHOUT a major football following. We'll end up in a good situation.
I would rather see L'ville in the ACC than UCONN or Rutgers, but I don't know if that will happen. I hope L'ville is a team with a chair when all is said and done, but I'm not so sure.

I would rather see L'ville in the ACC than UCONN or Rutgers, but I don't know if that will happen. I hope L'ville is a team with a chair when all is said and done, but I'm not so sure.

Louisville, like WV won't get in to the ACC because of academics. They won't make the SEC either because of Kentucky. WV could get into the SEC but I think Va Tech is more likely. There's a rumor floating around that Texas could join the ACC in all sports but go independent in football, but still play several ACC teams a year. UCONN is a possibility. Not really sure about Rutgers academics, but if it's good they could be in.

Louisville, like WV won't get in to the ACC because of academics. They won't make the SEC either because of Kentucky. WV could get into the SEC but I think Va Tech is more likely. There's a rumor floating around that Texas could join the ACC in all sports but go independent in football, but still play several ACC teams a year. UCONN is a possibility. Not really sure about Rutgers academics, but if it's good they could be in.

VA TECH to the SEC is NOT going to happen. ACC raised its "exit" fee to an insane $20 million. No ACC school is leaving now

Back
Top Bottom