Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC

Please, Pitt is not on the same level on most schools for basketball. Check thier record in March in the tounrey. They have done crap and are crap. Period! I could care less about what they have done in the regualr season. They r overrated eveyr seaosn for 2 reason. They no out of conf and they win 99% at home because they get all the freakin calls. Nice overall record by Dixon but I am sorry make a final four before u start looping Pitt with some of the big wigs for colleg bball.

I was talking more about Syracuse, but Pitt has still put together a very good basketball program.

I'm excited about it. I love the city of Pittsburgh and now I have a reason to head up to Syracuse.

I can now hit Rochester, Buffalo, Niagra Falls, Canada, and most importantly, Cooperstown.

:)

I'm excited about it. I love the city of Pittsburgh and now I have a reason to head up to Syracuse.

I can now hit Rochester, Buffalo, Niagra Falls, Canada, and most importantly, Cooperstown.

:)
I went there earlier this summer. Very nice town, baseball HOF is really cool.

You don't know what your talking about. If you think SU is drawing similar recruits to Wake and NC State you don't know what your talking about! Carmelo, Flynn, Wes....all top 5 picks in the draft within the last 7 years. When has Wake or NC State last had a Top 5 pick....TIM DUNCAN, 15 years ago! Give me a break. That's not counting Warick and Rautins who are on NBA teams. You don't know what your talking about. And that's just Syracuse, haven't even gotten into Pitt.

You don't watch too much basketball do you? Dunno if you've ever seen him, but there's this little guard from Wake who's been doing quite well for himself in the NBA.

When I say Syracuse recruits on the same level as NC State, by that I mean they recruit on the same level, not produce the same quality of NBA players. Over the last 5 yrs Syracuse has drawn in four five star recruits in Harris, Flynnn, Greene, and de Melo. NC State, even with the disarray that program has suffered through, drew the same with Leslie, Harrow, Hickson, and Fells. Pittsburgh under Dixon has not recruited against bigger schools until recently and he should be credited for doing a masterful job molding players that were not highly regarded nationally into NBA prospects.

Recruiting wise Syracuse and Pitt are not in the elite group that competes for the top talent every year and it'll be very difficult for them to ever enter that realm. And while you can win games without NBA players, its pretty much impossible to contend for the title without them.

News right now is the Big East remainents are talking with the Big 12 remains about merging. The Big 10 has been pretty silent during all of this. They've had their eye on Rutgers for awhile and Rutgers is winking back. If the ACC wants them then they better act.

News right now is the Big East remainents are talking with the Big 12 remains about merging. The Big 10 has been pretty silent during all of this. They've had their eye on Rutgers for awhile and Rutgers is winking back. If the ACC wants them then they better act.

ACC has bigger fish to fry at the moment. They'll ride Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas and a couple other Big 10 teams who's names haven't really come up yet until they get a definitive no before moving on to UConn and Rutgers. You also have to wonder what the deal is with TCU.

Stop living in the 80's!! You are an ACC apologist who can't be taken seriously. Always have been. UNC missed the tournament 3 times last decade and as recently as 2010, in that same time span Pitt hasn't missed it once! Syracuse destroyed UNC on a neutral court a couple years ago, wasn't even close. Duke played a mid-tier Big East team last year and got blown out! If they had to play Pitt or Syracuse forget about it.

I'm not knocking Duke or UNC, but to say Syracuse and Pitt aren't equals is foolish! Duke and UNC have beaten up on a bunch of nobodies in that conference for the last decade or so, party's over!!! If UCONN comes as expected then get used to a whole new world champ!

I am realist.

In that span Carolina has 4 FFs and 2 National Titles, Pitt hasn't been to a FF.

SU beat UNC on a "neutral floor" at MSG which is SUs home away from home, that UNC team went to the NIT. duke made it further in the Tourney than all but one BE team.

Carolina humiliated the 2nd best BE team(as far as advancing in the Tourney) in the Sweet 16- does that not count?

Carolina and duke won 2 of the last 3 titles.

if I was living in the 80s I'd believe the BE hype rather than a conf that had a million teams make the tourney but only TWO make it out of the first weekend.

SU and Pitt are clearly not equals w/ Carolina and duke. The last decade has been Pitt's greatest and in that time frame:

Carolina and duke: 4 National Championships, 6 FFs
Pitt & SU: 1 nat'l title, 1 FF

which is better?

SU and Pitt will be programs near the top of the conf but it will still be dominated by UNC & duke on a regular basis.

west virginia was denied entry to the acc and the sec today.

rofl

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Heard TCU wants out of Big East deal. Not sure if it is true or not. Can you blame them?

rofl

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Heard TCU wants out of Big East deal. Not sure if it is true or not. Can you blame them?

I don't think that's so. TCU will be represented in NY at the Big East football meeting that is taking place.

I hope they move the ACC Tourney from the Carolinas/SE up to MSG. Would be an awesome tourney for sure.

Back
Top Bottom