Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC

Both teams are great fits for the ACC.

Good tradition in football, strong basketball programs, and very good academics.

Reports are now UCONN is begging their way into the ACC, could happen soon. They will be 15. That 16th spot they will probably keep open for a bit for ND but most likely goes to Rutgers

ACC is a joke in basketball too. They are really the big 2 (UNC and Duke) and that's it. ACC created this mess years ago and now the college landscape will change once more again, because of them.

It hasn't been the best conf in a few years like it was consistently for forever but it's still nto a joke, not when you have 2 of the top programs in the Country in it. This move helps ACC BB which has been struggling since expansion.

Reports are now UCONN is begging their way into the ACC, could happen soon. They will be 15. That 16th spot they will probably keep open for a bit for ND but most likely goes to Rutgers

UConn would make this the premier basketball conference in the NCAA by far. Hopefully the NCAA decides only to punish Frank Haith and Daequan Jones if they find anything like they did with Bruce Pearl, and not the program. With Larranaga, Miami might finally be able to join in on the fun.

Syracuse and Pitt bring ACC basketball back to a much higher level than it has been in recent years. The days of the Big 2 are over with and you can say its now the Big 4.

Those 2 aren't on a consistent level w/ UNC and duke, UNC and duke will still dominate the conference but the depth will be much better than recent years.

They'll make that 20 million back in no time in the SEC.

How? You think the ACC is playing with pennies and the SEC is playing with $100 bills? IT's not that much of a difference in money I hate to break it to ya! Hell the Big East had the biggest TV deal out of all of the conferences on the table last year but turned it down. Which led to SU and Pitt leaving. The SEC doesn't have the market cornered on money.

Those 2 aren't on a consistent level w/ UNC and duke, UNC and duke will still dominate the conference but the depth will be much better than recent years.

Stop living in the 80's!! You are an ACC apologist who can't be taken seriously. Always have been. UNC missed the tournament 3 times last decade and as recently as 2010, in that same time span Pitt hasn't missed it once! Syracuse destroyed UNC on a neutral court a couple years ago, wasn't even close. Duke played a mid-tier Big East team last year and got blown out! If they had to play Pitt or Syracuse forget about it.

I'm not knocking Duke or UNC, but to say Syracuse and Pitt aren't equals is foolish! Duke and UNC have beaten up on a bunch of nobodies in that conference for the last decade or so, party's over!!! If UCONN comes as expected then get used to a whole new world champ!

Have Duke and UNC been beating up a bunch of nobodies en route to all those national championships over the past couple decades as well?

Dixon and Boeheim have built great programs but they're nowhere near the level of Duke or UNC. Talent wise they draw similar recruits to what Wake Forest or NC State bring in, and while they'll get better players once they're drawn into the ACC the talent gap is still going to be extremely wide. They're lucky to have a single NBA player on their roster while Duke and UNC consider it a down year if they don't have two on the bench.

They're still great coaches and I'd expect them to win......the main worry I'd have is what becomes of UCONN and Syracuse after Boeheim and Calhoun. Or Pitt after Dixon if someone gives him a better offer elsewhere.

Have Duke and UNC been beating up a bunch of nobodies en route to all those national championships over the past couple decades as well?

Dixon and Boeheim have built great programs but they're nowhere near the level of Duke or UNC. Talent wise they draw similar recruits to what Wake Forest or NC State bring in, and while they'll get better players once they're drawn into the ACC the talent gap is still going to be extremely wide. They're lucky to have a single NBA player on their roster while Duke and UNC consider it a down year if they don't have two on the bench.

They're still great coaches and I'd expect them to win......the main worry I'd have is what becomes of UCONN and Syracuse after Boeheim and Calhoun. Or Pitt after Dixon if someone gives him a better offer elsewhere.

You don't know what your talking about. If you think SU is drawing similar recruits to Wake and NC State you don't know what your talking about! Carmelo, Flynn, Wes....all top 5 picks in the draft within the last 7 years. When has Wake or NC State last had a Top 5 pick....TIM DUNCAN, 15 years ago! Give me a break. That's not counting Warick and Rautins who are on NBA teams. You don't know what your talking about. And that's just Syracuse, haven't even gotten into Pitt.

But whatever believe what ya want. I'm not here to change your mind. Live in your bubble!

Syracuse and Pitt aren't on UNC or Duke's level, but they're not that far off. They will give Duke and UNC fits and will compete for the division.

Syracuse and Pitt aren't on UNC or Duke's level, but they're not that far off. They will give Duke and UNC fits and will compete for the division.

They aren't at Wake's and NC State's Level either I sure as hell know that!

Syracuse and Pitt bring ACC basketball back to a much higher level than it has been in recent years. The days of the Big 2 are over with and you can say its now the Big 4.

hahha Pitt is the king of choke artists come March. What have they done? It's great to win 26-28 games a year but when u can't win the big one like my Huskies then who really cares. Cuse is a great program got no beef with them but how long u think Boeheim is gonna stick around?

Please, Pitt is not on the same level on most schools for basketball. Check thier record in March in the tounrey. They have done crap and are crap. Period! I could care less about what they have done in the regualr season. They r overrated eveyr seaosn for 2 reason. They no out of conf and they win 99% at home because they get all the freakin calls. Nice overall record by Dixon but I am sorry make a final four before u start looping Pitt with some of the big wigs for colleg bball.

As far as I'm concerned, the ACC can take ten running steps and GO **** ITSELF!!!

I've always hated Pitt (so that won't change) ... but now Syracuse can **** off too.

Back
Top Bottom