T.O. said freshman Tua reminded him of Steve Young | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.O. said freshman Tua reminded him of Steve Young

Im not twisting and screwing lol! You're argument is that Fins shouldnt draft a WR in the 1st round because the all-pro rate is only 10%... What if its lower in the 2nd round, and subsequently the 3rd and so on? WRs are now just an undraftable position in the NFL? And here's a crazy thought, what if... Its the exact same thing for every position groups? What do we do with our draft picks then?
Pick a FG kicker in the first round. Sebastiian Janikowski was the only one drafted in the first round. He was good. 100% hit rate.

Pick a FG kicker in the first round. Sebastiian Janikowski was the only one drafted in the first round. He was good. 100% hit rate.

Whats really funny is I almost wrote except Kickers and punters(because I havent researched those) and just told myself: "Nah! no one's gonna bring that up...". :lol:

Im not twisting and screwing lol! You're argument is that Fins shouldnt draft a WR in the 1st round because the all-pro rate is only 10%... What if its lower in the 2nd round, and subsequently the 3rd and so on? WRs are now just an undraftable position in the NFL? And here's a crazy thought, what if... Its the exact same thing for every position groups? What do we do with our draft picks then?
Exactly!!! By that logic we should just trade away all our top picks 😂

How about drafting BPA or at least one of the BPA regardless of position and especially when’s it a position of NEED!

Why use All Pro as the standard for WR's but not for QBs? If your going to say only 9 WR's became an all pro out of 77 drafted then you should also point out how many QB's became All Pro as well.

The answer is 8 by the way. 8 QB's drafted in the 1st round since 2000 have become 1st or 2nd team All Pro's. Well Mitch Trubisky did become the Nickelodeon Valuable Player in 2021 for what its worth.
Yep, and I believe this same success rate, percentage, will be pretty much the same for every position, or at least close.

Which QB was better:

Passes: 404, 65.3% completion, 2,688 yards, 13 TDs, 5 INTs, 3 rushing TDs. Had better receivers.

Passes: 404, 64.1% completion, 2,521 yards, 15 TDs, 9 INTs, 5 rushing TDs. Worse receivers.

The first is Burrow, the second is Tua prorated to 404 passes. I don't see much difference. Everyone seems stuck in the world of "Tua v. Herbert" as opposed to "Tua as a rookie QB". Tua was fine as a rookie.......that doesn't change just because Herbert was excellent.

Which QB was better:

Passes: 404, 65.3% completion, 2,688 yards, 13 TDs, 5 INTs, 3 rushing TDs. Had better receivers.

Passes: 404, 64.1% completion, 2,521 yards, 15 TDs, 9 INTs, 5 rushing TDs. Worse receivers.

The first is Burrow, the second is Tua prorated to 404 passes. I don't see much difference. Everyone seems stuck in the world of "Tua v. Herbert" as opposed to "Tua as a rookie QB". Tua was fine as a rookie.......that doesn't change just because Herbert was excellent.
Not sure how 11 TDs and 5 INTs prorates to 15 TDs and 9 INTs...? How did you come up with those figures?

Tua's TD/INT over 404 pass attempts is 15/7 and Herbert's is 21/7...

Last edited:
Not sure how 11 TDs and 5 INTs prorates to 15 TDs and 9 INTs...? How did you come up with those figures?
404 attempts / 290 attempts = 1.3931

1.3931 x 11 touchdowns = 15.32 touchdowns
1.3931 x 5 interceptions = 6.97 interceptions

I think there may have been a typo in his calculations.

404 attempts / 290 attempts = 1.3931

1.3931 x 11 touchdowns = 15.32 touchdowns
1.3931 x 5 interceptions = 6.97 interceptions

I think there may have been a typo in his calculations.
I went with TD% and INT% and updated my post... Pretty much in line with your math.

Tua definitely looked better than Young did, his first 2 years. It goes to show you that great QB's don't always flash their first year, especially on bad offensive teams.

What holes would you like us to fill in the first round?
Exactly. Whats this dudes plan if not receiver? He wants to add a receiver in the 2nd but what position in the first with 2 picks? Guarantee the bust rate is damn close.

Back
Top Bottom