Tale of two Fitzpatricks. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tale of two Fitzpatricks.

Yep.

“We couldn’t believe Minkah fell to us” - Chris Grier 2018

“He doesn’t fit our plans” - Chris Grier 2019

Anyone have a problem w this? Either he’s good and we played him in the wrong spot (in which case Flores should be accountable) or he’s not good (even though 2 FOs made him their no 1 pick) in which case our scouts and Grier should be held accountable.

PS - he had a good rookie season here. The pick 6 was nice as was that great stop on 4th and 1 on our goal line week 1 vs Tenn. Not many players could have reacted and made that play. First glimpse of what he could be.
Yep, the kid is a natural Free Safety, but Alabama played him close to the line of scrimmage because their defense was so good he was better able to affect play by being closer to the line of scrimmage. So, they gave him the hero role in their defense, and he excelled. But in the pros, that isn't a vital role in the defense. Free Safety is where someone with his ball skills, coverage ability, size, speed, willingness to study tape, and tackling can be put to best use. He was a natural for the position, and many of us saw that. I can't understand why the fascination with cross-training him to be a jack of all trades got in the way of the obvious value of a FS who has a chance to be someone like Ed Reed.

Gase dropped the ball, and then Flores dropped the ball. Grier had to say something like that when he let him go, but I'm confident Grier understands that we mis-handled the talent he acquired. We're all-in for rebuilding through the draft, with 2020 and 2021 being front and center for talent acquisition. When it didn't work out, the player wanted out, and the Pittsburgh gave us an out (potential top 10 pick in 2020), I think Grier had to pull the trigger … but it must have been bitter sweet for him to see a talent like that go.

One ****ing sucks. How did he earn the moniker “magic”. There is nothing magical about him or his play. He stinks period.

The other we refused to play at his natural position. 3 picks on the year as a Steeler. Was a good player for us. The pick we get for him is likely to be < him. Pitt FO is Smart. They haven’t traded their no 1 pick since 1537. We are morons.

Losing Minkah was a mistake. **** everyone on our staff that made it come to this.

Tank keeps a rolling.
um. first is should come as no suprise about fitzQB. He is what he always has been, a 1/1 guy. for every great play, he'll have a horrible play. And as for FitzCB, seriously don't cry over that guy. I've never heard of a player complaining about playing multiple positions and demanding a trade over it. it's beyond unusual and I really doubt that was the only reason he demanded a trade.

um. first is should come as no suprise about fitzQB. He is what he always has been, a 1/1 guy. for every great play, he'll have a horrible play. And as for FitzCB, seriously don't cry over that guy. I've never heard of a player complaining about playing multiple positions and demanding a trade over it. it's beyond unusual and I really doubt that was the only reason he demanded a trade.
Why play him? Play the guy who you want to get more tape on, more experience etc. I don’t get it.

Stop all the Minkah Fitzpatrick hate...this site and fanbase is infamous for that buffoonery knowing damn well that the lions share of recently released players are in greener pastures.

Pittsburgh doesn't regret the trade because Fitzpatrick helped solidify a defense that can carry a team while they rotate QBs that are worse than ours. Their draft was going to be a Safety to replace Sean Davis, who they aren't going to resign. To top it all off, he's light years better than our free safety.

When we signed him to be our QB I was more than annoyed. I can’t stand the way he plays. You’ve summarized his play nicely. I’d rather watch Rosen. Even if he turns out to suck eggs, you get to see something new which can be entertaining. Fitz is not new and as you so accurately put it, you already know how it’s going to go thereby removing any suspense factor. I think this may be why I find having to watch him unbearable.

I'm right there with you this type of player, the type just good enough to lose somewhat pretty, is absolutely the worst type. I've seen enough of the Tannehill 1.0s, the Jay Cutlers (Bears version, though Dolphins also apply), etc. that I just can't stand out. I was ticked when Flores pulled Rosen in the Redskins game because it was a cheap way to generate meaningless offense and it wasn't going to lead anywhere but mediocre football. Especially since the offense in that game was just the result of some complete horrid coaching.

We all knew that Fitz QB ain't the future. One major positive is he targets Williams a bit and the kid looks to have a future if the clean hands continue.
Fitz FS is gone and it's done and dusted and I'm not going to beat my self up about it regardless of what ever the reason (s) were.
I'm looking to the future and any positives. The one I'm starting to lean towards is either way drafting a QB with our first pick or the best player in the draft according to many pundits - Chase Young by packaging the other 2 the Steelers/Texans 1st rounders to get 2 impact players with one either side of the ball.

Back
Top Bottom