Tale of two Fitzpatricks. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tale of two Fitzpatricks.

Minkah F'd up. He should've dropped the 2nd INT which was a essentially a really great punt. The smart play there is to bat the ball down instead of SELFISHLY catch it and start at the 3. Someone with a higher football realizes IQ the situation and why Fitzpatrick threw that pass. Much smarter to force a punt and likely start your next drive at the 20.

The other INT was a gift from the stat gods. Giving him any type of acclaim for that just out's those who didn't actually watch the game but checked the box score.

Xavien Howard's INT's are created by his talents. Usually baiting a QB into a throw he knows he can undercut. Howard is a ball hawk.

Some picks are just hollow stats.

Any one of 3 or 4 steelers could've been the one's to get those "interceptions".

This game showed him to be a "perenial pro bowler". Lol.

One pick was a deflection into a crowd. As was his earlier pick this year.

His second pick was a result of intense pressure on the QB who threw it up on 3rd and long. He intercepted it and landed on the 5. Basically the best case scenario punt.

Some people don't understand the nuances of the game.

I contend that Minkah catching it was actually a very selfish play, smarter play is to force a punt that likely yields much better starting field position than the 3 yard line.

Minkah F'd up. He should've dropped the 2nd INT which was a essentially a really great punt. The smart play there is to bat the ball down instead of SELFISHLY catch it and start at the 3. Someone with a higher football realizes IQ the situation and why Fitzpatrick threw that pass. Much smarter to force a punt and likely start your next drive at the 20.

The other INT was a gift from the stat gods. Giving him any type of acclaim for that just out's those who didn't actually watch the game but checked the box score.

Xavien Howard's INT's are created by his talents. Usually baiting a QB into a throw he knows he can undercut. Howard is a ball hawk.

Some picks are just hollow stats.

Any one of 3 or 4 steelers could've been the one's to get those "interceptions".

This game showed him to be a "perenial pro bowler". Lol.
Yeah. I'm not sure why anybody is even mentioning Minkah when they are also watching Howard who could have had 3 picks in a half because he was running the WR's routes for them. One interception is not like the other.

My mindset? My mindset will be fine, dudeski. I'm not the one showing up on the forums constantly ranting when an 0-6 team loses to go 0-7.

oK chuckles you can accept it...cool
Plenty more people ranting than me so keep smiling as we will also have our opinion
if I am proven wrong ...hey it works out

Some people don't understand the nuances of the game.

I contend that Minkah catching it was actually a very selfish play, smarter play is to force a punt that likely yields much better starting field position than the 3 yard line.

Well as was said on the broadcast maybe a punt doesn't change the momentum as big as it did...because it did

oK chuckles you can accept it...cool
Plenty more people ranting than me so keep smiling as we will also have our opinion
if I am proven wrong ...hey it works out
I was right there with you after the first two games because no team should look like that regardless of the level of talent. The last 5 though? I've been fine with the coaching staff. Sure there have been some bone headed decisions every now and then, but that's true with every single coach. I mean, just last year we beat the Patriots because Belichick hilariously decided to have Gronk play safety.

The crux of the matter is that we came into the season as by far the least talented team in the league so outside of Flores being Shula, we shouldn't have expected to win many, if any games. We'll know far more next year when the talent level quickly rises so judging the coaching staff with this roster just seems like a waste of time.

I was right there with you after the first two games because no team should look like that regardless of the level of talent. The last 5 though? I've been fine with the coaching staff. Sure there have been some bone headed decisions every now and then, but that's true with every single coach. I mean, just last year we beat the Patriots because Belichick hilariously decided to have Gronk play safety.

The crux of the matter is that we came into the season as by far the least talented team in the league so outside of Flores being Shula, we shouldn't have expected to win many, if any games. We'll know far more next year when the talent level quickly rises so judging the coaching staff with this roster just seems like a waste of time.

I hear what you are saying but obviously against the method
Then you must love this trade...lol

My mistake...thought we traded a 5th

Well as was said on the broadcast maybe a punt doesn't change the momentum as big as it did...because it did

Lol come on now. The momentum had clearly shifted on that 3rd and long all out blitz and nothing else. That was the biggest turning point.

I didn't realize Minkah's INT is why Walton fumbled!

Fitzpatrick doesn't have the range to play free safety. He's a staring free safety on a bum 3-4 team. The pick is better value for what type of scheme Flores wants to run

Not to mention neither INT was impressive. One happened because O’Leary can’t catch the 2nd was a punt.

I really don't see the point in continuing to trot out Beardo Weirdo when he has no future on this team. Still need to evaluate Rosen as a potential long term backup.
I'm guessing they saw all they needed to... hence why he's now in the backup role.

Failing a game ending 2 point conversion and not retrieving an onside kick down 3 are examples of not being competitive, I guess.

Look Josh, I know you want to play, but you're just not very good. No need to go trashing the coaching staff.

I dont know how 3 turnovers in a game for a QB is written off as being competitive. Fitz almost lost another fumble and mad bad decision the whole second half!

He's a joke and always been a joke!

Let Rosen play because besides the Washington game he looked better then Fitz!

We get it he's not our future in everyone's mind but at least if he makes mistakes we can blame it on him being young....

THERES NO EXCUSE FOR THE VET FITZ, he just all out sucks ballz!!

I dont know how 3 turnovers in a game for a QB is written off as being competitive. Fitz almost lost another fumble and mad bad decision the whole second half!

He's a joke and always been a joke!

Let Rosen play because besides the Washington game he looked better then Fitz!

We get it he's not our future in everyone's mind but at least if he makes mistakes we can blame it on him being young....

THERES NO EXCUSE FOR THE VET FITZ, he just all out sucks ballz!!
I can assure you that I also want Rosen to start, just for different reasons.

I can assure you that I also want Rosen to start, just for different reasons.

What reason would that be The Tank lol

Fitz is clearly taking care of that for us! He's worse then Rosen and most QB's in the league.

He's trying to play with heart but hes fat, old, washed up and he doesnt realize it yet because he's trying to run for first downs and his knees are collapsing from under him lol.....

Gotta say it like it is bro

What reason would that be The Tank lol

Fitz is clearly taking care of that for us! He's worse then Rosen and most QB's in the league.

He's trying to play with heart but hes fat, old, washed up and he doesnt realize it yet because he's trying to run for first downs and his knees are collapsing from under him lol.....

Gotta say it like it is bro
Have you watched Rosen at all this year, or ever in his football career? That dude is Henne.

Have you watched Rosen at all this year, or ever in his football career? That dude is Henne.

Lol Henne

Henne couldn't move if his life depended on it.

Rosen is a superior talent in anyone's mind but needs to build confidence and mature on the field....
Will he ever be anything maybe not but I'd like to at least find out for the rest of the year.

Fitzpatrick is who he is!

This year 5 TD's to 9 turnovers
It's Horrible for a veteran QB and has no business starting for even an 0-7 team!

Back
Top Bottom