Tale of two Fitzpatricks. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tale of two Fitzpatricks.

I'm still not shedding too many tears about Minkah not being on this team anymore, it was clear he did not want to be here and we got great compensation to in effect get a do-over on him. He may have gotten two ints last night but honestly outside of those two plays didn't stand out, just like he had done with us for the year or so he was a fin. The first Int, he just happened to be in the right place at the right time, you can call that instincts or whatever, I'm not buying that. The second one was a good athletic play but it was uncontested as Fitz threw it up there, and backed them up inside the 5, maybe the better thing to do there was to bat it down.

Having said that I'm sure he'll have a fine career there, he is obviously in a happier place for himself. He's still not an all pro for me and I doubt he ever will be however if we draft another Charles Harris with the Steelers pick then it will be another bone headed move by this organisation.

Hmm...I was expecting to read "It was the best of times, and the worst of times..."

Which in a way may not be far off, but in all due respect to Fitzpatrick who seems to be a good guy, and not exactly crappy (Not a bad guy to have as your backup), if he's your starting QB, you're really not a very good team.

The team strategy is terrible and the coaches are terrible despite having us be competitive in games where we haven't historically been competitive in with an empty roster, but Rosen we should have patience with.

Did I get that right, Josh?

Competitive? That would need to be more than for maybe 2Q's
Haven't scored a 3rd Q point as they fold ridiculously every half and the coaches are accountable

Competitive? That would need to be more than for maybe 2Q's
Haven't scored a 3rd Q point as they fold ridiculously every half and the coaches are accountable
Failing a game ending 2 point conversion and not retrieving an onside kick down 3 are examples of not being competitive, I guess.

Look Josh, I know you want to play, but you're just not very good. No need to go trashing the coaching staff.

Failing a game ending 2 point conversion and not retrieving an onside kick down 3 are examples of not being competitive, I guess.

Look Josh, I know you want to play, but you're just not very good. No need to go trashing the coaching staff.

Wasn't Camerons 1-15 team "competitive" in some games?
he actually beat the Ravens

Should have kept him

He asked to be traded because we refused to play him where he best fit. Hell, his FREAKIN MOTHER complained about it in the offseason.

Trading a perennial pro bowler for what will be a 10-15 pick (most likely) is not good. It could work, if we hit on our mid first rounder. Who knows though. I would rather have the sure thing.

If Miami comes out of this with a quality Pass-rusher, a dominant O-Linemen, or a good to great Corner...Miami won this trade.

Minkah was never going to dictate how good Miami could be with his play in Miami, he was only a piece of the puzzle, with the Steelers, it may workout better, but Miami has far more important positions to fix then Safety/Corner.

If Miami comes out of this with a quality Pass-rusher, a dominant O-Linemen, or a good to great Corner...Miami won this trade.

Minkah was never going to dictate how good Miami could be with his play in Miami, he was only a piece of the puzzle, with the Steelers, it may workout better, but Miami has far more important positions to fix then Safety/Corner.

They chave every position to fix now
Yeah Minkah looked very bad playing FS all those games...oh wait

Wasn't Camerons 1-15 team "competitive" in some games?
he actually beat the Ravens

Should have kept him
You just implied that we haven't been competitive except in the first two quarters. I gave you 2 out of the last 3 games where it came down to the very end of the game which is by definition competitive.

Quit moving the goal posts every time your argument explodes.

You just implied that we haven't been competitive except in the first two quarters. I gave you 2 out of the last 3 games where it came down to the very end of the game which is by definition competitive.

Quit moving the goal posts every time your argument explodes.

What?
You describe this garbage that way fine
yeah the game that went down to the line was the one game
The other two of the 3 yeah you keep believing that
With that mindset you are going to love this team the next 2 years

I said it repeatedly sin e we drafted Minkah Fitzpatrick, put him in at FS and let him concentrate on being great there. We nebwr did, now the Steelers did exactly that. Now he is blossoming and playing instinctively.

What?
You describe this garbage that way fine
yeah the game that went down to the line was the one game
The other two of the 3 yeah you keep believing that
With that mindset you are going to love this team the next 2 years
My mindset? My mindset will be fine, dudeski. I'm not the one showing up on the forums constantly ranting when an 0-6 team loses to go 0-7.

One pick was a deflection into a crowd. As was his earlier pick this year.

His second pick was a result of intense pressure on the QB who threw it up on 3rd and long. He intercepted it and landed on the 5. Basically the best case scenario punt.

That's where I always thought he should be playing as a Dolphin!!!!!!

I think we all did my bro except for the last 2 coaching staffs. To me how Gase handled the safety situation was the last nail in the coffin for them, and the way this staff with Flores continued to embrace that strategy who then made it worse by making Bobby McCain the starting FS truly makes me question their personnel decision making.

Back
Top Bottom