Tankathon Currently Has Us @4 Taking Joe Burrow | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankathon Currently Has Us @4 Taking Joe Burrow

Everyone likes to prognosticate but the facts are that there is a better chance all these QBs fail rather than succeed - I prefer to invest in the ones that can read a d dense learn offenses over the course of more than a half season

Lynch was supposed to be so awesome - what happened? He is 6’7 and runs reasonably well 4.86 at that size

Haskins has terrible Mechanics his win totals can be counted to his skill players

Burrow we don’t even know what he is - just a flavour of the month because Tua is so far out ahead of Lawrence and the others

Everyone likes to prognosticate but the facts are that there is a better chance all these QBs fail rather than succeed - I prefer to invest in the ones that can read a d dense learn offenses over the course of more than a half season

Lynch was supposed to be so awesome - what happened? He is 6’7 and runs reasonably well 4.86 at that size

Haskins has terrible Mechanics his win totals can be counted to his skill players

Burrow we don’t even know what he is - just a flavour of the month because Tua is so far out ahead of Lawrence and the others
What am I missing here Kev? Burrow was 10-3 last season with a bunch of metrics that were comparable to less impressive performers who never showed the improvement like he is - well Big Ben did. I think you are so invested in Tua that you when it comes to Burrow, you may not be seeing the forest for the trees :shrug:

Oh and I didn't include Favre who's win/loss record and metrics were inferior to Burrow's 2 years at LSU when he finally got the chance.BURROW BY COMPARISON.jpg

What am I missing here Kev? Burrow was 10-3 last season with a bunch of metrics that were comparable to less impressive performers who never showed the improvement like he is - well Big Ben did. I think you are so invested in Tua that you when it comes to Burrow, you may not be seeing the forest for the trees :shrug:

Oh and I didn't include Favre who's win/loss record and metrics were inferior to Burrow's 2 years at LSU when he finally got the chance.View attachment 32088

I watched an emaciated Brett Favre single handedly beat Alabama less than 2 months after a car crash that nearly killed him. The next point Burrow scores against Alabama will be his first.

But the problem with some of the comparisons here is that they're mostly guys who started as freshman. Phillip Rivers is one of the 3 best freshman to ever play quarterback, along with Trevor Lawrence and Jameis Winston. I watched Rivers in high school here for Athens and know his dad Steve (a former high school coach here) very well.

The jump in Burrow's statistics are too great to attribute to improvement. He's improved some, but not that much - he's still the same Joe Burrow he was playing in OSU's spring game in 2016.

Such a large jump in metrics is mostly attributed to the change in offensive philosophy at LSU, and Joe Brady's passing concepts. In other words, is the team that drafts Joe Burrow going to draft Joe Brady and to be passing game coordinator also....

Again the whole discussion on Burrows will be is the system making him look better than he is or is the system allowing he and the LSU skills players more freedom? That is a question that Burrows will have to answer as the draft gets closer.

I personally think the answer is someone in the middle.

I’ll take that Joe Burrow.

Exactly, that Joe Burrow was pretty good.

I'm just trying to explain the massive jump in the metrics over one year. Burrow could always play in a system like the one he's in this year. The one he played in last year was not a good fit.

I think it's important for any quarterback to be in a good situation, and there just aren't enough good situations in the NFL to go around for all these QB's.

I watched an emaciated Brett Favre single handedly beat Alabama less than 2 months after a car crash that nearly killed him. The next point Burrow scores against Alabama will be his first.

But the problem with some of the comparisons here is that they're mostly guys who started as freshman. Phillip Rivers is one of the 3 best freshman to ever play quarterback, along with Trevor Lawrence and Jameis Winston. I watched Rivers in high school here for Athens and know his dad Steve (a former high school coach here) very well.

The jump in Burrow's statistics are too great to attribute to improvement. He's improved some, but not that much - he's still the same Joe Burrow he was playing in OSU's spring game in 2016.

Such a large jump in metrics is mostly attributed to the change in offensive philosophy at LSU, and Joe Brady's passing concepts. In other words, is the team that drafts Joe Burrow going to draft Joe Brady and to be passing game coordinator also....

You being a twicky wabbit!

Point is you can literally make the exact same "argument" for ANY QB in
college who puts up good numbers (in the particular system he plays in)!

And what can possibly be "bad" about a kid seriously ramping up
his game in a system that better optimizes his skill set??? :lol:

If anything the new "system" and subsequent improvement just proves the kid was
being throttled in the prior system -- and his greater potential is now being shown!

Bottom line -- the kid still has got to make the plays!

Yes?

Oh and I didn't include Favre who's win/loss record and metrics were inferior to Burrow's 2 years at LSU when he finally got the chance.View attachment 32088

You being a twicky wabbit!

Point is you can literally make the exact same "argument" for ANY QB in
college who puts up good numbers (in the particular system he plays in)!

And what can possibly be "bad" about a kid seriously ramping up
his game in a system that better optimizes his skill set??? :lol:

If anything the new "system" and subsequent improvement just proves the kid was
being throttled in the prior system -- and his greater potential is now being shown!

Bottom line -- the kid still has got to make the plays!

Yes?

Well, you can bet on the one year and him looking the same in the NFL in a different offense if you want to. But it's different doing it as an 18 year old vs. finally doing it as a 5th year Senior.

I will not be the told you so guy ~ I am telling ya all now ~ that I see what most of America sees ~ I will not be I told you so guy

Let's put our intellectual honesty cap on... Can we see Brees, Ben, or Rivers in the same vein as Burrow even before he steps into the biggest game of his career to date? Burrows could win tomorrow without throwing a TD, but can he play under pressure and duress in the NFL? He goes down under pressure against light-weight Defenses. IMHO He gets flustered far too easily.

Now I understand that our chances of hitting on a top ten QB in the draft is very slim and I need only to point to history as my teacher

Look at all the QB selected in the first 2 rounds over the past 20 years. A lot of great stats like Paxton Lynch and it didnt translate to the NFL where the D coordinators gun for the QB

IMHO Burrow has done nothing exceptional that warrants an early pick to date, until he puts the team on his shoulder and carries them through the POs. I am projecting that this crop of QBs will see what can't miss Mayfield, cant miss Darnold, strong arm Allen, and Rosen have seen in their starts since joining the NFL. College Ball doesn't generate pressuer and problem D like the Pros. Can this years crop take it to the next level?

Remains to be seen?

Tua wins nearly effortlessly because his intangibles are just that good I believe he will play Hero-ball in the NFL where he will be running for his life on every play where D coordinators will take away what he does best. He will have to create and recreate himself?

Yes Tua has intangibles others fail to see, he can take a hit, he can hold onto the football with those massive hands (The BIG one he has had to learn #3 Offensive Systems in 3 years ~ that in itself is simply amazing) Tua wins Big at every level. And he is still growing into his body like the others, just like Burrow , Tua has not reached his ceiling Just scary for the AFCE if MIA drafts him

Bama wins with such ease that Tua gets pulled so he doesn't get to pad his stats ~ not that he appears to care ~ stats I am sure you will agree are totally are over-rated.

But killer instinct to put away your opponent that is not taught that is a desire that burns within to score a TD every time you have the ball regardless of run pass stats.

Tua looks to barely break a sweat he commands that huddle. The players aren't playing for him because he is or isn't an outspoken Christian they look past that. He plays for Bama

But here is the thing for a few of you Tua needs to go all Hero for a few you ~ But he doesn't need to be all Hero to succeed with his team at the College level and yet he shown the flashes. Tua has already shown his ability to raise his game. So yes I believe he plays within himself as well as I have seen in years

I could write about his footwork over the past 3 years, his balance is on par with Brees, Steve Young, & Russell Wilson

His footwork set up his throws and he can throw in motion and from different angles similar to A Rodgers that is a necessity in the NFL and I think it important

He can throw in the pocket and out of the pocket

I am old and getting greyer I have watched a lot of ball, a lot QBs ~ and I detest Bama ~ I dont like that they have the one who is so good but I can also see that because of the way the team is organized with the 4 horsemen WRs that Tua won't have to go all Hero

When a team is in a position like the Dolphins to move up and down and take their "shot" then I expect them to do nothing less ~ then look every rock but the guy who can do it without breaking a sweat will always get my vote

And when I say looks like he diesnt break a sweat that is because he has put the work in already, he is over-prepared because he is not overly confident.

If they like Eason, Love, Herbert, Fromm, Burrow then so be it but none of them have the resume of Tua to date, and i for one wouldn't spend my FIRST of three First rds picks on any of them although I like some more than others ~ and I cannot dismiss Tua's intangibles ~ and I apologize in advance that he is such an ongoing Christian that it grates against the nerve of many people. I have been apologizing for guys like this for 30 years i won't stop now.

IMHO every so often in sports the pack leader is just that the pack leader ~ and then there are the P Mahomes, T Brady or M Trout stories where a player comes from out of nowhere. And a team says how did we miss. But every so often the Cream is already at the top.

And yes Brees was an animal at Purdue ~ he was getting it done ~ that miss for Jamar Fletcher set this franchise back -> he can get it done in many ways because he is creative
Ben was mobile and creative in College and has thrown in motion his entire career
Rivers is a statue but can evade the rush in the pocket ~ much like Marino but far less intelligent and skilled, he is over confident with his arm and makes mental lapses

And if we miss or can't select Tua I do take a QB later, I select Young with my pick if Tua is gone and then I like the Intangibles of Eason and Love (taken in the second round) who can be part of a longer rebuild while TUA is NFL game ready. I build depending on the strength of the QB selected.

Exactly, that Joe Burrow was pretty good.

I'm just trying to explain the massive jump in the metrics over one year. Burrow could always play in a system like the one he's in this year. The one he played in last year was not a good fit.

I think it's important for any quarterback to be in a good situation, and there just aren't enough good situations in the NFL to go around for all these QB's.
I totally agree that the situation these QB's land in once they go to the NFL can determine how good or bad they do. Most of the QB's drafted high don't go to a good situation but that situation can change of course for the better of course. Part of it it's the fit and part could be who your coaching staff is going to be but yes, the situation they go too really matters a lot.

I don’t see a world in which we pick 4th lol

Well, you can bet on the one year and him looking the same in the NFL in a different offense if you want to. But it's different doing it as an 18 year old vs. finally doing it as a 5th year Senior.

I don't have an issue with kids that develop a little later...

Just a few examples -- Cam Wake, Kurt Warner and...I think the list of players

that "needed time" to develop is rather extensive. That said, of course a long

track record of high level performance is "better" in the respect it provides

move evidence. But still -- that's just % stuff and nothing definitive.

I don't have an issue with kids that develop a little later...

Just a few examples -- Cam Wake, Kurt Warner and...I think the list of players

that "needed time" to develop is rather extensive. That said, of course a long

track record of high level performance is "better" in the respect it provides

move evidence. But still -- that's just % stuff and nothing definitive.

You're still not comprehending.

How specifically has Burrow developed since 2016? What has he developed since last year?

Secondly, how does that compare to Kurt Warner coming out of N. Iowa, and how he 'developed' during his time bagging groceries?

The only thing that's changed is the offense sir. I need one of you quarterback gurus to point out what I'm missing.

You're still not comprehending.

How specifically has Burrow developed since 2016? What has he developed since last year?

Secondly, how does that compare to Kurt Warner coming out of N. Iowa, and how he 'developed' during his time bagging groceries?

The only thing that's changed is the offense sir. I need one of you quarterback gurus to point out what I'm missing.
However Burrow managed to make that quantum leap, I like the fact that his father is a former professional player and long time football coach. Good background to thoroughly learn the game.

Back
Top Bottom