Tankathon Currently Has Us @4 Taking Joe Burrow | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankathon Currently Has Us @4 Taking Joe Burrow

However Burrow managed to make that quantum leap, I like the fact that his father is a former professional player and long time football coach. Good background to thoroughly learn the game.

Here's the difference between Burrow last year and Burrow this year, besides the passing concepts changing under Joe Brady... there's nothing mechanically that he does different. There is no trait that's suddenly there that wasn't there before...

Last year, Burrow faced 4 defenses that finished the season ranked top 25 in total defense, and 8 that ranked in the top 40. Including two that ranked in the top 5 (Miami, Miss. St.)

This year, Burrow has yet to face a defense that currently ranks in the top 25 in total defense, and only 2 that rank in the top 40. The best he's seen so far is Florida's 26th ranked defense, and that was mostly without their only two pass rushers.

There's your jump in metrics.

I don't have an issue with kids that develop a little later...

Just a few examples -- Cam Wake, Kurt Warner and...I think the list of players

that "needed time" to develop is rather extensive. That said, of course a long

track record of high level performance is "better" in the respect it provides

move evidence. But still -- that's just % stuff and nothing definitive.

Cam was awesome in College at PSU

Cam Wake was out of shape When he went to camp with Giants - he thought the NFL - the Giants more specifically would just hand him a position

He got in shape In the CFL and started excelling immediately after getting in shape - he was a big time player who was out of shape what does this have to do with Warner or Burrow?

However Burrow managed to make that quantum leap, I like the fact that his father is a former professional player and long time football coach. Good background to thoroughly learn the game.
How did that work for Walter Payton’s Son who could t stick in the CFL let alone NFL??

You're still not comprehending.

How specifically has Burrow developed since 2016? What has he developed since last year?

Secondly, how does that compare to Kurt Warner coming out of N. Iowa, and how he 'developed' during his time bagging groceries?

The only thing that's changed is the offense sir. I need one of you quarterback gurus to point out what I'm missing.

So in your view Burrow has NOT evolved/improved as a player and is
only putting up unreal numbers because of his passing game coordinator?

I don't believe that's the case because you've given the kid credit elsewhere.

So your core "issue" is how dramatically better his production is in relation
to his personal development (or lack thereof) as a player, right?

Whatever. I would just say this -- as far as subjectively quantifying his
personal development as a QB over the past 3 years -- I just I don't see how
that analysis makes anything he's doing NOW "less real."

Production is self-evident. Sometimes the light just comes on and a player
makes a quantum leap. But for the sake of the argument -- let's just say
Burrow has not improved his game one iota since 2016. Then it would
certainly seem he was not in the right situation because he's
obviously playing ball these days.

What matters is NOW. Not 3 years ago IMO.

So in your view Burrow has NOT evolved/improved as a player and is
only putting up unreal numbers because of his passing game coordinator?

I don't believe that's the case because you've given the kid credit elsewhere.

So your core "issue" is how dramatically better his production is in relation
to his personal development (or lack thereof) as a player, right?

Whatever. I would just say this -- as far as subjectively quantifying his
personal development as a QB over the past 3 years -- I just I don't see how
that analysis makes anything he's doing NOW "less real."

Production is self-evident. Sometimes the light just comes on and a player
makes a quantum leap. But for the sake of the argument -- let's just say
Burrow has not improved his game one iota since 2016. Then it would
certainly seem he was not in the right situation because he's
obviously playing ball these days.

What matters is NOW. Not 3 years ago IMO.

Correct. I think the drastic improvement is more relative to the quality of defenses compared to last year, in addition to the route concepts.

My question to you was simple - what improvements has Burrow made that put him above Tua? That's all I'm really looking for is an explanation as to why you believe this to be a valid overthrowing of the kid who has maintained that level of play for 2 years against the same competition - with a few extra elite defenses thrown in for good measure.

Correct. I think the drastic improvement is more relative to the quality of defenses compared to last year, in addition to the route concepts.

My question to you was simple - what improvements has Burrow made that put him above Tua? That's all I'm really looking for is an explanation as to why you believe this to be a valid overthrowing of the kid who has maintained that level of play for 2 years against the same competition - with a few extra elite defenses thrown in for good measure.

Beyond my scope to make that kind of evaluation in any legit way. Besides that I am NOT
on record saying Burrow is a superior prospect over Tua. Right now in fact I'd take Tua off
the board before Burrow -- but we all know a lot can happen in the short-term as well as
heading into the draft next year.

But I will say -- if Burrow continues play at the level he's been -- with unreal numbers --
heck he could edge his way into the #1 slot!

The kid I am most "intrigued" by is Herbert because IMO he has the most upside.
Could be a certified NFL terrorist or a Drew Bledsoe variation.

Im not a fan of drafting one year wonders. Unless it's 2 round or later.

Again the whole discussion on Burrows will be is the system making him look better than he is or is the system allowing he and the LSU skills players more freedom? That is a question that Burrows will have to answer as the draft gets closer.

I personally think the answer is someone in the middle.

Here is someone who wasn’t quite first or second in his draft year but had great numbers.

Lynch was the third QB selected overall, 2916, after Jared Goff and Carson Wentz. And Elway moves up into that 25 or 26 overall slot to take him.

Lesson here is this, the first round is not for projects and one year wonders

Every year QBs slide out of the firs, and guys go early to QB starved teams **Cough Cough** Buffalo, NY Gia and J.E.T.S., and Washington- Mayfield is going about as well as could be expected with OBJ and Landry and all those headache types -

(Landry is a personal favourite but I wouldnt want 3 or 4 of that personality on my team if I were the GM)

All my opinion - unless you are adamant you can move up for your guy you let the draft come to you esp if you can’t get the first selection via trade or tanking

Only one position player translates immediately to Wins

Two words - Jake Long

How did that work out?

You are Locked into another 20 years of mediocre. Solving your tackle issue when you actually can make a splash and select who you want a once in a lifetime opportunity

aaaaaand matt ryan has had how many pro bowl/HOF talented players on his offense and can't win? Looks super great right now....he'd be a back up by now had he been drafted here. TEAM game.

Young won’t be there At 4 - a number of the others can be had after a trade down in the top 10 and still pick up a second

If Herbert or Burrow are at 4 and are not sighificantly higher in our grades than Fromm - why not trade out??

It is not rocket science
I would take Burrow over Fromm...Burrow or Tua would be fine.

Makes sense the guys with Alabama avatars are the ones down playing burrow and hyping up tua.

Makes sense the guys with Alabama avatars are the ones down playing burrow and hyping up tua.

Make no mistake, I hope like hell Miami drafts Joe Burrow. I won’t be as nice as I was for Rosen.

I will troll the burrow bloyboys every single day since you had to fall off Trevor so quickly. You’ve earned it.

Back
Top Bottom