Tankathon Currently Has Us @4 Taking Joe Burrow | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankathon Currently Has Us @4 Taking Joe Burrow

I don’t care what team they root for. I’ve read Slimms, CK, j-off, and hoops thoughts on draft prospects for years on here and they’re by far the most knowledgeable posters on here that have anything to do with prospects in the draft.

Like I said if you want to start a following in the draft forum give professional thoughts on tape study not just hot takes formed on google. That’s like patients going into a Drs office and telling them their symptoms are such and such disease and to prescribe them a medication.
giphy.gif

Tua is still the better prospect, even after last night's game. Tua has done it longer and better. I am concerned about injuries though. Burrow no doubt raised his stock last night and will likely be drafted top 5, but he still has some risks that may surface in the NFL.

Name these risks.

You mean Burrow going into a hostile environment (101,821 screaming, rabid fans) and dissecting a defense with about 6 future NFL players? I hope Cincy is clueless as well and chooses the Rickety Rocket.

He played well. He reminded me of a young Chad Pennington, who was also a 24 y/o rookie QB. Pennington was a really good QB when healthy, so that's not a knock. Tua represents a different tier of potential, and the difference showed in the game. Tua had a slightly better YPA despite completing about 25% less of his passes. Tua doesn't need guys running free to attack downfield, and he'll stress opposing defenses in ways that Burrow cannot. Just as Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and Deshaun Watson stress defenses in ways that Pennington couldn't.

He played well. He reminded me of a young Chad Pennington, who was also a 24 y/o rookie QB. Pennington was a really good QB when healthy, so that's not a knock. Tua represents a different tier of potential, and the difference showed in the game. Tua had a slightly better YPA despite completing about 25% less of his passes. Tua doesn't need guys running free to attack downfield, and he'll stress opposing defenses in ways that Burrow cannot. Just as Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and Deshaun Watson stress defenses in ways that Pennington couldn't.
Joe Burrow is equated to Chad Pennington, while the porcelain doll Tua is equated to Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and Deshaun Watson?

I'm going to block you before I get disrespectful with you as well....

Burrow had to manage a lead that was a result of him- and RB Edwards-Helaire- pummeling the Bama defense to a pulp. Burrow had to manage the lead not chase from behind and pile up stats like a Tannehill shadow performance, and I was really impressed by how he went about doing that- calm, cool, collected and clutch. Tua played well, his stats benefited from that late quick score TD- and man that was a beautiful strike. Both QBs played really well, but come on: 31-39 for 393 yards 3 TD 0 INT and 64 yards rushing- against Alabama? Give the kid his due, Burrow stepped up big and he deserves the credit and respect, that was one hell of a performance.

Said this in another thread..

Tua's footwork, pocket presence, ability to anticipate and hit big time throws are all superior to Burrow... Burrow's footwork is pretty lacking compared to Tua. Which for anyone other then Mahomes or Rodgers, that means errant throws on the NFL level. Errant throws on the NFL level do not mean overthrowing by 10 yards, that means behind the target by a yard...It all comes down to footwork and ability to transfer weight, which Tua is excellent at

Burrow looks good, but like j-doll said, he completed easy drags, outs, hitches, slants, shallow overs, etc. I didn't really see any big time throws or threading any needles. Tua, on the other hand had to make all those downfield throws or his offense wouldn't have scored. It was interesting that Bama was okay letting Burrow get all the short passes and make him beat them deep. Burrow did have a decent kinda? backshoulder throw down the boundary on Diggs for a TD, but other than that I didn't really see anything from Burrow that says he can transform an offense. He looked like a player who would absolutely dominate in the right scheme but would fail in schemes that aren't tailored to him. Whereas Tua looked like he will always make sure your team stays in the game. His decision making is off the charts and also ability to make NFL throws. But the biggest thing is that he will always keep your team in the game even when his receivers are dropping passes, his O-line sucking, and playing on one leg.

1. Shoddy Footwork that will lead to errant passes and interceptions.
2. Ability to hit downfield throws

Those are the two of the biggest risks with Burrow, a 24 year old rookie, who doesn't even have Pennington's footwork when he came out of Marshall.
I agree burrow need to continue to improve his footwork. There is a definite difference between the two. Tua always is planted solid. Burrow has "happy feet".

Burrow had to manage a lead that was a result of him- and RB Edwards-Helaire- pummeling the Bama defense to a pulp. Burrow had to manage the lead not chase from behind and pile up stats like a Tannehill shadow performance, and I was really impressed by how he went about doing that- calm, cool, collected and clutch. Tua played well, his stats benefited from that late quick score TD- and man that was a beautiful strike. Both QBs played really well, but come on: 31-39 for 393 yards 3 TD 0 INT and 64 yards rushing- against Alabama? Give the kid his due, Burrow stepped up big and he deserves the credit and respect, that was one hell of a performance.

Burrow didn't play any more conservatively in the 2nd half than the 1st. He played his game all game, and he played it well, but he didn't start throwing short because he had a lead. He was throwing short all game. The 1st half was about LSU collectively beating Alabama. They outcoached them, and they were the sharper team. Burrow made the plays that were there, but most of them were easy completions. I don't see how that's debatable. The throw to Moss on the sideline stands out as his toughest throw (off the top of my head).

By comparing him to Pennington, I'm giving him his due.

Said this in another thread..

Tua's footwork, pocket presence, ability to anticipate and hit big time throws are all superior to Burrow... Burrow's footwork is pretty lacking compared to Tua. Which for anyone other then Mahomes or Rodgers, that means errant throws on the NFL level. Errant throws on the NFL level do not mean overthrowing by 10 yards, that means behind the target by a yard...It all comes down to footwork and ability to transfer weight, which Tua is excellent at

Burrow looks good, but like j-doll said, he completed easy drags, outs, hitches, slants, shallow overs, etc. I didn't really see any big time throws or threading any needles. Tua, on the other hand had to make all those downfield throws or his offense wouldn't have scored. It was interesting that Bama was okay letting Burrow get all the short passes and make him beat them deep. Burrow did have a decent kinda? backshoulder throw down the boundary on Diggs for a TD, but other than that I didn't really see anything from Burrow that says he can transform an offense. He looked like a player who would absolutely dominate in the right scheme but would fail in schemes that aren't tailored to him. Whereas Tua looked like he will always make sure your team stays in the game. His decision making is off the charts and also ability to make NFL throws. But the biggest thing is that he will always keep your team in the game even when his receivers are dropping passes, his O-line sucking, and playing on one leg.

In fairness, comparing someone's footwork to Tua's is pretty tough. I don't think Burrows has bad feet, and he plays light on them, but he could use more discipline. It's a good thing to bring up, but I wouldn't project it as a problem in transitioning to the NFL. Though, with his limited arm, he will have to be more perfect.

Burrow didn't play any more conservatively in the 2nd half than the 1st. He played his game all game, and he played it well, but he didn't start throwing short because he had a lead. He was throwing short all game. The 1st half was about LSU collectively beating Alabama. They outcoached them, and they were the sharper team. Burrow made the plays that were there, but most of them were easy completions. I don't see how that's debatable. The throw to Moss on the sideline stands out as his toughest throw (off the top of my head).

By comparing him to Pennington, I'm giving him his due.
Having watched the game I'd say that you're downplaying a great performance, for whatever reason. Burrow dissected the Alabama defense, didn't quick strike them to death, and that was maybe even a more impressive way of getting the win.

In fairness, comparing someone's footwork to Tua's is pretty tough. I don't think Burrows has bad feet, and he plays light on them, but he could use more discipline. It's a good thing to bring up, but I wouldn't project it as a problem in transitioning to the NFL. Though, with his limited arm, he will have to be more perfect.

That’s the reason I bring it up, with his limited arm his footwork is going to need to be perfect almost every play, and when he gets drafted by a team like the bengals, redskins, dolphins, etc he’s going to have constantly moving platforms because of their terrible lines and will augment his footwork even more...

How mucb will burrows toughness make up for his arm and imo likely reduced ask in terms of what you can ask of the qb as a passer at the next level?

that’s what I want to know. It’s like pennington before his arm fell off but in a much tougher and overraged package.

pro footballs not gonna let you just throw the ball by design inside the numbers without dcs figuring it out. If you want to hide it you gonna have to maintain the sticks and scoreboard and stick to plan a.

when you can’t it could get ugly but maybe his toughness and muddy pocket movement can offset.

I know one thing that was one tough ass qb tackle on Lewis after the turnover. He basically wanted to pile drive the man witb the ball. Lol

1. Shoddy Footwork that will lead to errant passes and interceptions.
2. Ability to hit downfield throws

Those are the two of the biggest risks with Burrow, a 24 year old rookie, who doesn't even have Pennington's footwork when he came out of Marshall.
Shoddy footwork???

What draft site did you get that from? Or was it one of our resident professors on the draft board? Shoddy footwork would have gotten him sacked more than he was yesterday, as opposed to being set and balanced enough to spin and rip out of two sacks. Show me the shoddy footwork in the games against Florida...Auburn...Alabama and I'll consider your claims as more than you parroting what Tua supporters say here, there and everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom