Tannehill Deep Ball Accuracy Concerning | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Deep Ball Accuracy Concerning

Really guys? Lol! Ur really blaming the rookie who has **** for receivers save Bess and Hartline. Kid was clutch. In case u all missed it, the only reason the game went to ot was Tannehill. Did he make mistak? Sure. But thats what happens with suck ass wr corps and ur best player leaves the game.

We have to get past just the WR corps and look at the mistakes he himself is making himself. When he makes mistakes like missing open receivers, being telegraphic to a defender, or not getting the ball out soon enough to an open receiver, that's on him.

Chad Pennington did win a division with a fairly poor WR corps, and he was the most efficient passer in the league while doing it.

A QB only completing about 40 percent of his passes, throwing a pick 6, and (despite his own good plays getting him there) not making the plays needed to actually win the game is NEVER amazing.

When you do as many bad things as good, and when you do just enough to not quite do what you needed, that's called being mediocre.
But If Armstrong made that catch that he perfectly threw and it pperfectly went thru armstrings hands!!!if and the jets where blitzing, might I add that he is second in the league in completions versus the blitz!!! IIf we had a true number 1 wr, games over period!!!! So please get off thills back, play calling was the problem, rather than passing they should have had pounded the Rock and kick it, im
sure everyone learned there lessons today I'm sure, it's gonna happen. We have a Great foundation with thill and the D!!
WR, pass rush, secondary is the focus for the draft not to mention the crazy cap space.
"and no I'm not quitting on the season" ffor anyone that wants to misconstrue anything

Crazy cap space and an owner and GM that trys to cut corners. Opposing teams 1st and 2nd corner out and we lose? That's where we are folks. We're not fit to carry the Jet's jocks. WAKE THE EFF UP!!!

It's funny how some of the hard-wired **** stirrers made themselves relatively scarce last week.. allmost forgot about em :idk:

Are you people nuts?Its RTs 3rd game calm down. Yeah it was tough one to swallow but you cant blame RT he put us in position to win and we blew it! we have zero pass rush and the worst safeties in the league.Field position was huge today the jets had us pinned deep the whole 2nd half.defensively we had no 3 n outs Bush out hurt why did they stop using Miller by the way?Ryan is where he should be;progressing each week. We are work in progress i like the direction the team is headed,dont be so quick to dump on RT

I agree with whomever had the take that Tannehill intended to make sure the deep throws late in regulation were in a spot where only the WR had a shot at it. They were already in FG range and just took a couple of safe shot to the end zone. If the receiver makes a great play, it's over. If not, you still have the FG attempt. I had no problem with those throws and actually applaud the aggressive play calling. We wouldn't have seen that last season.

I was disappointed, however, that Tannehill overthrew Hartline on what should have been an easy throw and catch for the win. That happens, though. At least Hartline still made the play and setup what was a legitimate game-winning FG attempt.

Lastly, keep in mind that Tannehill did manage to lead the offense down the field at the end of regulation for the game-tying FG and he did get them in position to win the game in OT. He produced when it mattered most. Outside of expecting a better throw to Hartline, that's really all you can ask and expect of the young QB.

The wrs we have are THE worst in the nfl. Period.

16 for 36 196 yds zero touchdows and an int is accurate play? LOLOLOL NO look at Kolb's stats for today that is accurate play
Maybe you should follow a different sport?

:bobdole:

16 for 36 196 yds zero touchdows and an int is accurate play? LOLOLOL NO look at Kolb's stats for today that is accurate play
You talking about the same Kolb that was benched for Skelton until he got injured? And hasnt made a name for himself his whole time in Arizona, and hasnt even solidified his starter position as QB? Comparing Apples to oranges and Kolb is a vet who still can't crack the starting lineup unless someone is injured......... Where the hell do people come up with this stuff?
And ive noticed its always the same people dogging Tannehill, when he has a bad game. But when he has a good game like last week..... Not a mention in the world. Must be the Moore supporters.

I just got the ticket, so i was able to watch the game today finally.

I'm not going to say Tannehill played great, but when your QB is this young i think you should look more for flashes of brilliance or whatever word you want to use, because with as little experience as he has, he cannot consistently make great plays.

I think he showed some great skill, that slant to Armstrong was a freaking guided missile, and the middle of the field is where he is supposed to struggle. Don't forget that roll to the left and somehow finding Bess in bounds.

You guys that think he has all these problems have some problems of your own.

But If Armstrong made that catch that he perfectly threw and it pperfectly went thru armstrings hands!!!if and the jets where blitzing, might I add that he is second in the league in completions versus the blitz!!! IIf we had a true number 1 wr, games over period!!!! So please get off thills back, play calling was the problem, rather than passing they should have had pounded the Rock and kick it, im
sure everyone learned there lessons today I'm sure, it's gonna happen. We have a Great foundation with thill and the D!!
WR, pass rush, secondary is the focus for the draft not to mention the crazy cap space.
"and no I'm not quitting on the season" ffor anyone that wants to misconstrue anything

You are referencing one pass play out of nearly 40. That one was clearly Armstrong's fault and there are probably a couple others from the day where receivers could have made .a better play. But you've gotta realize that the ball reaching a receiver is the end of numerous actions by the QB. For one to have a near 40 percent completion percentage, he simply is making the wrong decisions about which actions to take (thus trying to complete passes he can't complete) or he is simply not executing in a lot of his decisions

Tanny has to shake off interceptions better. Following the pick-6 he started to throw it super-safe, away from even his own guy. Gotta have a little more confidence.

kid throws a lot of straight verticals uncatchable...same thing you saw at a & m...but you know what he also recognized he had a free play and took a shot on a vertical to hartline and instead of getting 5 yards for thje offsides got a 30 yard pi...

You talking about the same Kolb that was benched for Skelton until he got injured? And hasnt made a name for himself his whole time in Arizona, and hasnt even solidified his starter position as QB? Comparing Apples to oranges and Kolb is a vet who still can't crack the starting lineup unless someone is injured......... Where the hell do people come up with this stuff?
And ive noticed its always the same people dogging Tannehill, when he has a bad game. But when he has a good game like last week..... Not a mention in the world. Must be the Moore supporters.

Just wanted to point out that when somebody mentions a QB who totally played better than ours today, and you list all the reasons why that guy is a terrible QB, it does the exact opposite of make our guy sound better.

It doesn't matter which guys here are "dogging Tannehill" all the time, at least it wouldn't if he was performing. But a reality check is that he has a 1-4 TD-INT ratio, an awful completion percentage, and his one "good" game involved just a couple nice drives and the rest was done by the running game. He's had opportunities to truly shut us up and he hasn't done that.

I noticed the same guys criticizing Moore last year, and I couldn't have cared less because at the end of the day, our stats and our record in the last 9 games showed he was performing during that stretch. There is no such evidence for Tannehill AT ALL.

I

Don't forget that roll to the left and somehow finding Bess in bounds.

These rolls to the left and right are designed plays to make it easier for the QB to find open receivers. He doesn't deserve a special award for that when the OC is doing that because he is having to compensate for Tannehill's inability to lead consistent drives from the pocket.

Back
Top Bottom