Tannehill Deep Ball Accuracy Concerning | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Deep Ball Accuracy Concerning

I agree with whomever had the take that Tannehill intended to make sure the deep throws late in regulation were in a spot where only the WR had a shot at it. They were already in FG range and just took a couple of safe shot to the end zone. If the receiver makes a great play, it's over. If not, you still have the FG attempt. I had no problem with those throws and actually applaud the aggressive play calling. We wouldn't have seen that last season.

I was disappointed, however, that Tannehill overthrew Hartline on what should have been an easy throw and catch for the win. That happens, though. At least Hartline still made the play and setup what was a legitimate game-winning FG attempt.

Lastly, keep in mind that Tannehill did manage to lead the offense down the field at the end of regulation for the game-tying FG and he did get them in position to win the game in OT. He produced when it mattered most. Outside of expecting a better throw to Hartline, that's really all you can ask and expect of the young QB.

At the end of the day, that's something I'm pretty happy about. Tannehill did his part to get the team in position to win. That's nice to see from a rookie. He wasn't spectacular, but he's doing a good job given all he's up against under the circumstances.

Wow ! It's his third start in the Nfl lets settle down here . I think what seems a important need is a true number one reciever
Because bess and hartline are not. I can honestly say it took a while but the Dolphins finally got their franchise quarterback but lets have patience for the kid to develop .

I agree with whomever had the take that Tannehill intended to make sure the deep throws late in regulation were in a spot where only the WR had a shot at it. They were already in FG range and just took a couple of safe shot to the end zone. If the receiver makes a great play, it's over. If not, you still have the FG attempt. I had no problem with those throws and actually applaud the aggressive play calling. We wouldn't have seen that last season.

I was disappointed, however, that Tannehill overthrew Hartline on what should have been an easy throw and catch for the win. That happens, though. At least Hartline still made the play and setup what was a legitimate game-winning FG attempt.

I don't necessarily mind taking shots, but the playcalling and Tannehill's decision making both at the end of the game and in OT seemed to me that they assumed they already had a FG in hand when it was going to be near 50 yards. That's the mistake that lost us this game, and I would have said it was a mistake had Carpenter made the kick because the staff should have realized it was a long kick.

On both of Carpenter's misses, they would have been made if there were a couple yards shorter. We should have had a short to intermediate pass to try to get us well inside the 30, insted we had an incomplete all or nothing and two rus that were designed to set up a long FG, which I find laughable, considering we should have been still focused on making it a much shorter FG, not a 3-4 yard shorter FG.

I do have some concerns about Tannehill's accuracy and timing from watching the past three games. As of now he has completed 53% of his passes, had only 1 TD pass and 4 INTs. I am blaming it all on him? - of course not, play calling, poor receivers who are struggling to get separation and dropped passes are all factors to consider. However, it would be homerism of the highest order for someone to say that they are delighted with Tannehill's play thus far. I still have hope in the guy and I think he will prove to be a decent QB for us.

Wow ! It's his third start in the Nfl lets settle down here . I think what seems a important need is a true number one reciever
Because bess and hartline are not. I can honestly say it took a while but the Dolphins finally got their franchise quarterback but lets have patience for the kid to develop .

Im glad there's some sensible fans the kid is growing .he will only get better when this or another gm realize that he needs help on the outside rodgers took time in green bay and this kid is ahead of where rodgers was as a rookie

Im glad there's some sensible fans the kid is growing .he will only get better when this or another gm realize that he needs help on the outside rodgers took time in green bay and this kid is ahead of where rodgers was as a rookie

You do realize that Aaron Rodgers sat on the sidelines for several years, which is what every sane person in football thought was what Miami would do with Tannehill when he was drafted. A lot of detached opinions still say that would have been the best course, especially when we had an incumbent who experienced some success with this team last year. Also, Rodgers was pretty much awesome once he actually got on the field, so this is about the worst comparison I've ever seen.

This issue isn't new. We all knew it was a weakness of his coming in. He showed some beautiful placement at times on shorter throws. Just that deep touch is not there. I wish he hadn't relied on his weakness at crucial moments of this game, but this is a growing up process.

He put us in a position to win the game plain and simple. He's a freaking rookie for gods sake. Some of you guys expect the kid to drive down the field every time, Dan the Man style and it just isn't going to happen. He gave us a chance to win and at the end of the day that's all you can ask for.

Really guys? Lol! Ur really blaming the rookie who has **** for receivers save Bess and Hartline. Kid was clutch. In case u all missed it, the only reason the game went to ot was Tannehill. Did he make mistak? Sure. But thats what happens with suck ass wr corps and ur best player leaves the game.

why are we even complaning we didnt take care of the WR prob in the off season , and we still havent takin care of the prob and if anybody thinks its going to get anybetter than you need to lay down rickys peace pipe and come down to earth ,because without an elete WR we are screwed nomatter how you sugarcoat it , thats just the way it is and will be the rest of the year.

These rolls to the left and right are designed plays to make it easier for the QB to find open receivers. He doesn't deserve a special award for that when the OC is doing that because he is having to compensate for Tannehill's inability to lead consistent drives from the pocket.

They that also because there WRs aren't good at getting separation!!! It can sometimes fool the defense and than someone leaks out, a lot of qb's do it once or twice a game smart guy.

They that also because there WRs aren't good at getting separation!!! It can sometimes fool the defense and than someone leaks out, a lot of qb's do it once or twice a game smart guy.

Yes but with most QB's they aren't 25-30 percent of their completions for the day. You may be right about the receivers though.

Carpenter makes the field goal in regulation, does this thread even come up? Look, this team was in a position to win, yet again.

Week 1, our string of turnovers before the end of the 1st half killed us. Those don't happen, who knows what would have happened. Look what our D did against Foster, he did nothing against us for the most part.

This team isn't made of playmakers, outside of Bush really, but so far, I have seen 3 weeks where they were prepared, and they have been able to do things necessary to win. The only problem, there are things that haven't worked in our favor, and have ruined the success.

Week 1, it was our turnovers on offense. You can't win many games with 4 turnovers, especially in straight posessions.

Week 3, I didn't get to watch the game on tv, but if Carpenter makes the field goal in regulation, we don't have to worry about OT. We were obviously in position to win this game, but we didn't. Kudos to our defense btw, for holding the Jets to a field goal in a possesion where I thought they were going to get a TD.

thats like me saying if carpenter made a fg in regulation game over?

if armstrong actually caught that slant that tannehill hit him perfectly on GAME OVER

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

i actually think the end of 2 minute deep balls were intended for all precaution to overthrow for his wr to only have a slight chance.

he was told to put it where only the receiver could get it. Armstrong needs to step up for us to have a decent season.

Back
Top Bottom