Tannehill Deep Ball Accuracy Concerning | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Deep Ball Accuracy Concerning

Folks, this is going to be a process for him of multiple seasons not weeks. He will suck some weeks. He will be fantastic others. And other weeks in between. Like a prior poster said and he is right, you want to see flashes of brilliance with in a game. I saw that yesterday. He handled a confusing D very well. He led the team TWICE down the field, once to tie and another for the go ahead fg that was missed. He made some money throws on 3rd down. Finally, he seems very smart under center and has moxie.

Maybe my bar is low because I would have sat him until about Halloween until the receiving issues could have been ironed out (if possible). He has played much better than I thought he would have. However, now that he is playing we have to understand the situation he is in. He will be good and bad for stretches within a game let alone a season.

Patience needed.

I would say there is so little separation, that tannehill has a tendency to try and put it where the DBs cant get to it. Unfortunately we don't have B Marshall out there or anyone with speed/height. Although he did miss an open fasano a couple of times where he should have hit him

This is on Ireland. Armstrong is on Irleand. Nanee is on Ireland. Our team is as good as Ireland. Period. Not that good of a team.

If you find it difficult to disagree with this, you're a moron. No dobut he has gotten us decent playmakers on both sides (Wake out of the CFL) but it's no excuse. His inability to aquire talent far outweighs the opposite. I have never seen such a lack of a future blueprint to replace someone like Brandon Marshall the way Ireland did...Naanee and Armstrong? That is borderline insanity.

Are you people nuts?Its RTs 3rd game calm down. Yeah it was tough one to swallow but you cant blame RT he put us in position to win and we blew it! we have zero pass rush and the worst safeties in the league.Field position was huge today the jets had us pinned deep the whole 2nd half.defensively we had no 3 n outs Bush out hurt why did they stop using Miller by the way?Ryan is where he should be;progressing each week. We are work in progress i like the direction the team is headed,dont be so quick to dump on RT

No safeties? I think you're nuts...you do realize our safeties came down with the turnovers, right? Chris Clemons is definitely replacable but Reshad Jones looks nothing short of promising. You must be referring to Richard Marshall, the CORNERBACK, not the safety.

No safeties? I think you're nuts...you do realize our safeties came down with the turnovers, right? Chris Clemons is definitely replacable but Reshad Jones looks nothing short of promising. You must be referring to Richard Marshall, the CORNERBACK, not the safety.

Even Richard Marshall had a pretty impressive game. Besides getting beat once or twice at the line by Santonio he made some plays. Chris Clemons got burnt by Kerley allowing him to get down to the 5 and as the Safety that's one thing you can't let happen.

I was not disappointed by our secondary play, our coaching, running game, or Tannehill's play. He gave us a chance to win as someone stated earlier, which is a lot to ask from a rookie QB playing a tough Jets D. I was truly disappointed by Carpenter, and our receivers. Our receiver corp is obviously our biggest problem, so let's stop bitching about Tannehill and at least wait for him to have a season to strut his stuff and a stud receiver to get open in the red zone. So far he's NOT PLAYING BAD, we could've very well been 2-1 right now if Carpenter MAKES ONE of those FG's. Seriously. There should be more fire Dan threads.

The only thing for sure is we are LAST in the NFL with only 1 passing td...LAST
BUT we are tied for first in rushing tds with 6.

This is going to be problematic when teams start jamming the box taking away the run
and forcing our QBs and wide receivers to make plays.
our QB and wide receivers to step up

A #1 receiver changes the entire dynamic of this team. Hartline is not supposed to have a CB and a safety over the top.

This kid is amazing in his first year, and I say that after a loss. He ******* up on the pick 6, and we are going to see that again this year because he is a rookie.

Brandon Marshall sure turned us into a super bowl team. QB play is defined by touchdown passes and wins. Right now he has one of each. Not entirely unexpected from a rookie so lets see how he progresses.

If we had better receivers, we wouldn't be having this issue. Good receivers make QBs look good by running good routes, being an easy target, and adjusting to the ball in the air.

If we had better receivers, we wouldn't be having this issue. Good receivers make QBs look good by running good routes, being an easy target, and adjusting to the ball in the air.

Some of those passes yesterday, where a good once could have won the game, would have required superman to be able to adjust to because they were nowhere close.

People bitching about accuracy. Well Andrew Luck went 22-46 on Sunday. And he is the "best rookie qb ever" according to the experts. So................

A great QB makes his receivers better. He doesn't make practice sqaud players into pro bowlers, but he elevates the level of play by consistently putting the ball in the right position. The effect winds up being that receivers are much more eager to get to their positions in their routes because they know that when they get open in the right spots, the ball will be right there for them. This, above all else, is Ryan Tannehill's main weakness. A close second is his penchant for rushed or flawed decisions when under pressure. All inall, I think we should trade RT now while we can and make Moore the starter. Then we should unload some other players for extra picks, and then fire the GM and coaching staff at season's end. Then we can hire a new coach and GM in the off season, and then...perhaps, try out Matt Barkley. Accuracy and Touch CANNOT be coached. See Henne, Vick, Tebow, et al.

A great QB makes his receivers better. He doesn't make practice sqaud players into pro bowlers, but he elevates the level of play by consistently putting the ball in the right position. The effect winds up being that receivers are much more eager to get to their positions in their routes because they know that when they get open in the right spots, the ball will be right there for them. This, above all else, is Ryan Tannehill's main weakness. A close second is his penchant for rushed or flawed decisions when under pressure. All inall, I think we should trade RT now while we can and make Moore the starter. Then we should unload some other players for extra picks, and then fire the GM and coaching staff at season's end. Then we can hire a new coach and GM in the off season, and then...perhaps, try out Matt Barkley. Accuracy and Touch CANNOT be coached. See Henne, Vick, Tebow, et al.

lol you are going to get lambasted for this post... Can't say it doesn't give me a chuckle though.

I agree in so much that Accuracy and touch cannot be taught.... you either have it or you don't.

People are free to lambaste me, I would prefer to be thought an idiot and be dead wrong about Tannehill and Philbin, but common sense, more than 23 years watching professional football, and my very reliable instincts tell me that Tannehill is, at best, a shaky, mistake pron back up and Regis...I mean Joe Philbin is completely wrong for Head Coaching. He is a Wannstedt CLONE. His decision making, his personality, EVERYTHING is very much like Dave. It was like watching the old Fiedler teams...trust me, Philby's DLG coaching will continue to run the team's morale into the ground until the organization is forced to cut and shuffle again in 2-4 years. We might as well save the time and trouble and just get ot over with now...You're either growing or you're dying, there aint no third direction!

People bitching about accuracy. Well Andrew Luck went 22-46 on Sunday. And he is the "best rookie qb ever" according to the experts. So................

Did you watch Luck? He looked so much better then Tannehill its not even funny.

Back
Top Bottom