• Yes

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • No

Votes: 92 86.0%

• Total voters

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
Yes, I know, someone with bi*** about another Tannehill thread. If you don't like it then you don't have to read it. Here is my simple poll. As of right now, do believe he is the answer for us at QB? Will he get us to playoff success, perhaps a Super Bowl appearance?

The guy is injured and will be out for the next game, possibly the next two or three games. We don't know.
Impossible to answer this question until the end of the year.

The guy is injured and will be out for the next game, possibly the next two or three games. We don't know.
Impossible to answer this question until the end of the year.

He's been our starter for 6 years now? I understand the circumstances he's faced throughout his entire career with ineptitude, but I think it's fair to answer based on what you've seen out of him over 50+ games.

He's been our starter for 6 years now? I understand the circumstances he's faced throughout his entire career with ineptitude, but I think it's fair to answer based on what you've seen out of him over 50+ games.

He plays similar to alot of other QB’s in the leauge, the ones who require decent line play etc. is he a Dan Marino? A Rodgers? We all know that answer.

How many ‘franchise’ QB are in the league? In all honesty...the term gets way way overused IMO

Franchise QB is not even in the ball park of being a choice.

But improvement over what we got IMO very possible and attainable in the future if so desired by the org.....

Prior to this current injury, I would have said yes. Right now, I cannot faithfully say that going forward that will be the case.

Franchise QB is not even in the ball park of being a choice.

But improvement over what we got IMO very possible and attainable in the future if so desired by the org.....

Well that’s the big question- are you going to get an improved QB or a player the same or worse. I know alot of you want him out, I get it, doesn’t mean were going to get the ‘answer’ at QB. How long was Cleveland looking?

It does appear they will be looking with more urgency to do something.. so we have that.

I'm not into the "franchized" name or whatever but the real question was, "can we go to the super bowl with him"? Sure anything is possible but at this time and this is just my opinion, if we get to the super bowl it'd not really be because of him but rather, in spite of him and this coming from a Tannehill supporter.

I think all those years of taking so many hits(some because of bad protection and some because he just stood there and took the hit)have caught up to him and his body's starting to break down. First the knee and now the shoulder. Those are probably the too most important body parts as far as throwing the football. Getting another QB doesn't guarantee anything but keeping the same QB guarantees you'll get the same result.

Just my two cents

He plays similar to alot of other QB’s in the leauge, the ones who require decent line play etc. is he a Dan Marino? A Rodgers? We all know that answer.

I agree but that's a simple way out to a question that still demands a more clarified answer after this much time invested.

Do you want a QB who can overcome some deficiencies on the O line? Do you want a QB with a bit more of an aggressive inclination? Do you think that by continuing to grow and invest in our o-line we can give Tannehill what he needs to deliver us a Superbowl before he retires? I think we're approaching a time where we may need to make a decision based on some of those questions.

If you look at the Chiefs, they had an Alex Smith who was on the surface, demonstrating incredible aptitude at the QB position. The kind of play that we would most likely be very happy with had we gotten a full season of it with Tannehill (100+ Rating - 26/5 - 8 YPA - Etc..) He had led them to a number of winning seasons, playoff births, but couldn't break through. Now, I'm not telling you Mahomes is going to win a Superbowl in his first year at KC, but it's clear that he has given that team a much higher ceiling and a real shot year-in year-out at winning the SB, o-line be damned.

Just some food for thought.

I agree but that's a simple way out to a question that still demands a more clarified answer after this much time invested.

Do you want a QB who can overcome some deficiencies on the O line? Do you want a QB with a bit more of an aggressive inclination? Do you think that by continuing to grow and invest in our o-line we can give Tannehill what he needs to deliver us a Superbowl before he retires? I think we're approaching a time where we may need to make a decision based on some of those questions.

If you look at the Chiefs, they had an Alex Smith who was on the surface, demonstrating incredible aptitude at the QB position. The kind of play that we would most likely be very happy with had we gotten a full season of it with Tannehill (100+ Rating - 26/5 - 8 YPA - Etc..) He had led them to a number of winning seasons, playoff births, but couldn't break through. Now, I'm not telling you Mahomes is going to win a Superbowl in his first year at KC, but it's clear that he has given that team a much higher ceiling and a real shot year-in year-out at winning the SB, o-line be damned.

Just some food for thought.

I hear you, look I think they will look to draft a QB, lets hope
They can identify QB talent better than OL...

Back
Top Bottom