Is Tannehill the "answer" in Miami?

• Yes

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • No

Votes: 92 86.0%

• Total voters
At this stage in their careers...

Andrew Luck > Ryan Tannehill

not even a question. If you are going simply by yards, then you mus think Emmit Smith is the best running back ever. Can you compare Ryan's TD to those same people so we can see where the truth lies.

im not sure why people consider Andrew Luck a franchise qb but Tannehill sucks...

Luck
20,870 yards
7.1 avg
59.7 comp %
148 tds
76 int
87.5 rating
166 sacks
76 games played

Tannehill
19,427 yards
7.0 avg
62.8 comp %
114 td
71 int
86.8 rating
224 sacks
82 games played

so if tannehill isnt a franchise qb how is andrew luck one?

Well there you have it - there are only 2 QBs in NFL history better than Ryan Tannehill
that wasnt my point...my point was tannehill wont just be another guy like cleo lemon or chad henne when we look back years down the line, tannehill is clearly the best qb weve had since marino, but i think you knew i wasnt saying he was as good as marino or manning but he is just as good as andrew luck

that wasnt my point...my point was tannehill wont just be another guy like cleo lemon or chad henne when we look back years down the line, tannehill is clearly the best qb weve had since marino, but i think you knew i wasnt saying he was as good as marino or manning but he is just as good as andrew luck
I bet when it's all said and done, Fin fans in the future will say Pennington was the best QB from Marino till now that we had.

Except Luck actually has some playoff pedigree and pro bowl level play (and before you tell me anyone can make the pro bowl remember RT hasnt)
He should have in 2014 but was snubbed. Andy Dalton went in his place because the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. It says nothing.

im not sure why people consider Andrew Luck a franchise qb but Tannehill sucks...

Luck
20,870 yards
7.1 avg
59.7 comp %
148 tds
76 int
87.5 rating
166 sacks
76 games played

Tannehill
19,427 yards
7.0 avg
62.8 comp %
114 td
71 int
86.8 rating
224 sacks
82 games played

Because he is the chosen one.

He should have in 2014 but was snubbed. Andy Dalton went in his place because the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. It says nothing.

Because he is the chosen one.

i also like when people say tannehill doesnt make players around him better...what about brian hartline?

He's 8 years in, 30 years old and those hits he's taken over his career are taking a toll now. So no.

He wasn't the answer to anything when SFB's drafted him with 8th pick instead of Kuechly, and he sure as hell isn't the answer to anything now.

Luck
20,870 yards
7.1 avg
59.7 comp %
148 tds
76 int
87.5 rating
166 sacks
76 games played

Tannehill
19,427 yards
7.0 avg
62.8 comp %
114 td
71 int
86.8 rating
224 sacks
82 games played

• Luck was drafted by a 2-14 team and led them to 11-5, 11-5, 11-5 and the playoffs three times
  • The Colts, who really lack talent as a team, are 44-32 when he starts
  • Colts offense falls apart when the backups play
  • Luck has led the Colts to 14 - 4th quarter comebacks and 18 game winning drives to his credit
  • Colts are 3-3 in the playoffs under Luck and he has made 3 Pro Bowls
Other than that he is just so-so.

• Tannehill was drafted by a 6-10 team and then led them to a 7-9, 8-8, 8-8 record and has never led Miami to the playoffs
  • The Dolphins are 40-42 when he starts
  • Dolphins offense responds better to the backups then Tannehill when they play
  • Tannehill has led the Dolphins to 13 - 4th quarter comebacks and 11 game winning drives to his credit
  • Dolphins are 0-0 in the playoffs under Tannehill and he has made 0 Pro Bowls

• Luck was drafted by a 2-14 team and led them to 11-5, 11-5, 11-5 and the playoffs three times
  • Luck has led the Colts to 14 - 4th quarter comebacks and 18 game winning drives to his credit

• Tannehill was drafted by a 6-10 team and then led them to a 7-9, 8-8, 8-8 record and has never led Miami to the playoffs
  • Tannehill has led the Dolphins to 13 - 4th quarter comebacks and 11 game winning drives to his credit

It’s really rude of you to resort to facts pal!

Most passing yards through first 4 seasons of nfl career

Manning: 16,418

Marino: 16,177

Tannehill: 15,460

Palmer: 14,899

Luck: 14,838
why do you people do that? Do you know that you look really sad putting a dink and dunk QQB next to real QBs?

TD passes the first 4 years:
Marino 142
Manning 111
Palmer 109
Luck 101
Tannehill 87

The only thing what counts in football is scoring. I am not surprised that you all are fascinated with a low scoring QB and prefer to use dink and dunk stats. (stats are for losers)

I also would not call Palmer a franchise QB since he played for 3 different teams with the longest on 7 years in Cinncy. Luck is no franchise QB yet either. He still has a lot left to prove.

I bet when it's all said and done, Fin fans in the future will say Pennington was the best QB from Marino till now that we had.
I think a more accurate rendition would be *Pennington + the Wildcat gimmick was the best dink & dunk QB tandem for 1 out of his 3years when not facing a Top 10 scoring D!

Back
Top Bottom