Tannehill Is Not Our #1 Issue, Watch What Is... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Is Not Our #1 Issue, Watch What Is...

AnthonySabaNFL

Active Roster
Reaction score
Tunsil's last play Sunday came at the end of the 3rd Q and Miami was winning 17-3. Tannehill had experienced some pressure at this point, but nothing like what was to come in the 4th thanks mainly to Sam Young. If Tunsil doesn't go down, we win.

Tannehill played poorly and deserves blame, but he wasn't the #1 reason we lost, nor is he the #1 reason our offense is sputtering.

Tannehill let the pressure and moment get to him, thanks in part to multiple hits and hurries. OT Sam Young was an embarrassment. Why Gase never gave him help with a TE or RB will go down as one of life's great mysteries. We need Derby back BADLY!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnthonySabaNFL

Subscribe to my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA1NYMh3KO7UNrWhXbg3XGQ

I was watching the game on a bad stream. I didn’t realize that Tunsil was out in the 4th q. anyway i was crossing my fingers and “praying” that th was not going to get strip sacked or fumble.

when it happened i wasnt even angry and not the least bit surprised. just numb.

over 7 years i’ve been conditioned to expect failure from the team. the only exception during that time span was when MM was in the game. i expected MM to win games whereas i just hope th wont lose them.

Tunsil's last play Sunday came at the end of the 3rd Q and Miami was winning 17-3. Tannehill had experienced some pressure at this point, but nothing like what was to come in the 4th thanks mainly to Sam Young. If Tunsil doesn't go down, we win.

Tannehill played poorly and deserves blame, but he wasn't the #1 reason we lost, nor is he the #1 reason our offense is sputtering.

Tannehill let the pressure and moment get to him, thanks in part to multiple hits and hurries. OT Sam Young was an embarrassment. Why Gase never gave him help with a TE or RB will go down as one of life's great mysteries. We need Derby back BADLY!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnthonySabaNFL

Subscribe to my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA1NYMh3KO7UNrWhXbg3XGQ

Ok, he’s not our #1 problem. He’s our #2 problem.

It’s been 7 years. Move on

Couldn't 17 take a step to the left it looked like field was wide open gtanted Atkins did get in wuock2

I hate post like this.

Couldn't Tannehill have flipped backwards, then belly crawled, and then twist left and made the play?

Some people don't understand NFL speed. Watch ANY NFL game. You'll see a QB who 'could have,' stepped up, stepped left, SOMETHING.
Not saying Tannehill doesn't take questionable sacks, but real time and TV time are different.

I think a lot of us knew it the moment Tunsil went out that we were in deep, deep doggy door doo

Indeed, my biggest problem is that Gase didn't seem to realize his best OLmen went out of the game and essentially called the game the exact same way.

At that point, based on how our defense played earlier, it would have been a lot tougher for them to win straight up.
They only way we could have helped them was by turning the ball over.

Gase absolutely has to understand that and has to alter his play calling accordingly. Don't beat yourself! Force them to win the game by earning it.

Specifically, I'm running the ball a lot more than I'm throwing it.

Also, If I decide to throw it then I'm inviting that rushing DL up to field to throw screen behind him.
How many teams have we played that strategy against our up field pass rush guys in a similar fashion?

Last edited:
Some people don't understand NFL speed. Watch ANY NFL game. You'll see a QB who 'could have,' stepped up, stepped left, SOMETHING.
Not saying Tannehill doesn't take questionable sacks, but real time and TV time are different.

It's the video game mentality. Some people watch clips like this and see a little gap and assume in "realtime" that gap is that big, recognition happens in a nanosecond, and characters move by holding down the turbo button.

Marino & the great ones do this all the time. This is a perfect example of his poor pocket awareness. No feel for it.

You should have stopped after "Marino AND the GREAT ones!"
Also for all of Marino's fancy pocket awareness how many super bowls did he win?

Back
Top Bottom