Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 70 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

it's not about a popular view or not...it's about a incorrect one...and i'm seeing a lot of that

quick pressure with a 4 man rush, on 2nd and 10? lol

supposedly the OL was the worst in the history of the game, right? he has to have better anticipation. he cannot take a sack in that spot, he did, they lost b/c of it.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

it's not about a popular view or not...it's about a incorrect one...and i'm seeing a lot of that

according to you it is but you will protect Ryan at all costs b/c of the insane statements you have made about him. I get it.

Everyone argueing with our payed poster:lol2:

That's ok, I don't expect my view to be popular. I don't take it personally, it's football. Like I wrote earlier, putting everything else aside he had great OL play, a good run game and a home game needing to beat a non playoff team to get to postseason and he led his O to 7 pts in a loss. That tells us more than anything else he did, he doesn't have a history to fall back on in big games. So far he's 0 for 2 in big games.

I don't think it's fair to apply that logic....peyton manning laid an egg in what was probably the single biggest game in terms of shaping his legacy. There is plenty of tape on tannehill that tells us much more about who he is as a qb than a couple of stinkers in his 2nd year. you keep saying "non playoff team" as if to discredit the teams he played. they were divisional games, against 2 stout defenses, and 2 GREAT defensive lines. It's not like the red carpet was laid out for him to waltz into the playoffs. Should he have performed better? Absolutely. Does his performance justify putting on blinders and using that as a sole basis of judgement on his entire season ? Absolutely not. There were several games that were won BY tannehill, and he was the absolute carrier of our offense throughout the season. Period. We are hitched to his wagon for good reason, and you tend to put single plays, games, and circumstances under a microscopic explanation to find rationale for whatever point you are trying to make. I would be more worried about Geno and his underwhelming debut as a rookie in NY, but then again, this isn't a NY jets forum...

supposedly the OL was the worst in the history of the game, right? he has to have better anticipation. he cannot take a sack in that spot, he did, they lost b/c of it.

nope, not one person said their oline was the worst in league history. it was the worst in dolphins history, and allowed the most sacks last season. I would not say that's an average oline. you can't anticipate a sack in 2 seconds, unless the play calls for a quick pass. if you have a medium or long pass playcall, you have to have faith in your lineman to hold the pocket for at least 3 and a half seconds. If every qb anticipated a sack in 2 seconds, it would be a running league. which it's not.

junc just admit it dude you blew chunks on this one and can't dig your way out...it's ok...it's not the first time and it won't be the last :rotfl1:

nope, not one person said their oline was the worst in league history. it was the worst in dolphins history, and allowed the most sacks last season. I would not say that's an average oline. you can't anticipate a sack in 2 seconds, unless the play calls for a quick pass. if you have a medium or long pass playcall, you have to have faith in your lineman to hold the pocket for at least 3 and a half seconds. If every qb anticipated a sack in 2 seconds, it would be a running league. which it's not. and the sack did not cost miami the game. the play after, had huge weight, as to why miami lost, as well as the missed fg attempt. the sack by the oline did hurt though. didn't cost the game.

most sacks allowed doesn't make it the worst in dolphins history. Miami has usually had pretty good OLs so it was one of the worst I have seen from them. OL was certainly not a strength but the 2nd half of the year they were pretty good. You missed b/c of the QB.

junc just admit it dude you blew chunks on this one and can't dig your way out...it's ok...it's not the first time and it won't be the last :rotfl1:

says the guy who called Ryan Tannehill a young and more athletic Brady.

I'd admit if I was wrong, as usual I'm not.

I don't think it's fair to apply that logic....peyton manning laid an egg in what was probably the single biggest game in terms of shaping his legacy. There is plenty of tape on tannehill that tells us much more about who he is as a qb than a couple of stinkers in his 2nd year. you keep saying "non playoff team" as if to discredit the teams he played. they were divisional games, against 2 stout defenses, and 2 GREAT defensive lines. It's not like the red carpet was laid out for him to waltz into the playoffs. Should he have performed better? Absolutely. Does his performance justify putting on blinders and using that as a sole basis of judgement on his entire season ? Absolutely not. There were several games that were won BY tannehill, and he was the absolute carrier of our offense throughout the season. Period. We are hitched to his wagon for good reason, and you tend to put single plays, games, and circumstances under a microscopic explanation to find rationale for whatever point you are trying to make. I would be more worried about Geno and his underwhelming debut as a rookie in NY, but then again, this isn't a NY jets forum...

Manning is a proven playoff choker but he always gets his teams to the playoffs.

what games were won by Tannehill? his poor play cost them most of their losses and the D was the primary reason you were in playoff contention.

I am very worried about Geno though I feel better w/ the way he ended the season. I'd rather have Ryan than Geno right now, that's not the argument. I think Ryan can be good and probably will be, he's just not there yet.

most sacks allowed doesn't make it the worst in dolphins history. Miami has usually had pretty good OLs so it was one of the worst I have seen from them. OL was certainly not a strength but the 2nd half of the year they were pretty good. You missed b/c of the QB.

just because they played better in the 2nd half of the season, doesn't mean they were good. just not as aweful as the first half. still a bad oline.

you guys taking shots at the qb sure are proving your side of things with the examples you present in this thread i tell ya...:lol:

proving how damn lost you are...

With all due respect (well not really) how much more laughanle is calling Ryan a young Brady than the screencapture i posted this morning where you say you wouldn't trade sanchez for most anyone cause and I quote "we have our FRANCHISE QB" ??

just because they played better in the 2nd half of the season, doesn't mean they were good. just not as aweful as the first half. still a bad oline.

they were good. below average 1st half, above average 2nd half, mediocre overall.

you guys taking shots at the qb sure are proving your side of things with the examples you present in this thread i tell ya...:lol:

proving how damn lost you are...

yep, he was outstanding leading his O to 7 pts total in 2 games w/ the playoffs on the line. How could anyone not see it:lol2:

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

With all due respect (well not really) how much more laughanle is calling Ryan a young Brady than the screencapture i posted this morning where you say you wouldn't trade sanchez for most anyone cause and I quote "we have our FRANCHISE QB" ??

Mark has proven you can win big w/ him, Ryan has not. things changed the last couple of years but Mark will bounce back. a smart team will pick him up and he'll win again. All I care about is winning, fantasy stats don't impress me. He had a much better #s year in 2011 than 2010 but wasn't nearly as good. His 2011 was a lot like Ryan's 2013, fool's gold w/ the #s.

they were good. below average 1st half, above average 2nd half, mediocre overall.

that's how i know you don't have a grasp on reality. they were much worse than below average. they were bottom 3 in the first half. they might have jumped up to bottom 10 by the end of the season. depending on what source you use, the dolphins pass blocking was ranked 30th. run blocking, ranked 27th. Anywhere remotely close to those rankings, is a very bad line.

i'll just do the typical guy thing, and treat you like a woman, since you like to just spout off crap and think you are right all the time, and just say, yes junc, you are right, you are always right. Last word is yours, like a typical woman.

that's how i know you don't have a grasp on reality. they were much worse than below average. they were bottom 3 in the first half. they might have jumped up to bottom 10 by the end of the season. depending on what source you use, the dolphins pass blocking was ranked 30th. run blocking, ranked 27th. Anywhere remotely close to those rankings, is a very bad line.

i'll just do the typical guy thing, and treat you like a woman, since you like to just spout off crap and think you are right all the time, and just say, yes junc, you are right, you are always right. Last word is yours, like a typical woman.

19. Miami Dolphins (23rd)
PB: 14th, RB: 27th, PEN: 11th

Stud: He wasn’t as good as last year but Mike Pouncey (+7.1) has established himself as the kind of center this team will be able to count on for the long term.

Dud: Despite only playing 292 snaps, Sam Brenner (-9.5) looked overmatched wherever the team lined him up.

Analysis: A turbulent year as Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito and their off-the-field issues caused the kind of spotlight to fall on the team that nobody wanted to see. Much was made of the sacks taken by Ryan Tannehill; they were somewhat simplistically used as a means to lament the play of the line in pass protection, but it wasn’t anywhere near as bad with the line producing a Pass Blocking Efficiency ranking right around the middle of the pack. A lot of questions to answer and while it seems a little patchwork at the moment, they’ll be striving for a settled lineup next year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/2/

Back
Top Bottom