Tannehill press conference | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill press conference

Ok so it was a tough day at the office, but in this press conference http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/...nference/6bc6accb-c95b-483d-9e07-b6e317e1f55f he dealt with the questions well, providing intelligent, mature answers. Today was rough he can go two ways he can collapse in on himself and have a season like Gabbart or he can learn from this and build upon it. Listening to the guy I dont think it will phase him and by the end of the season I think we will have a good middle of the road (what more can you ask of a rookie?) QB.

Ironically Blaine Gabbart looked like a totally different QB today.

His demeanor reminds me of Henne.... His play today did as well

Thats a low blow...no hitting below the belt.

Speaking of Henne ...Where is Chad anyway? Bagging groceries at Harris Teeter?

And while Im at it I hope that Dolphin hater P Manning loses EVERY game this season...Karma

When a reporter asked about his non batted INT, he said "the defender just made a good play. The ball was where it was supposed to be." Not the answer I was looking for. It was terrible placement, just a horrible pass in general, he should've just admitted that.
I couldn't disagree more. He didn't throw his WR under the bus but the truth of the matter was Naanee short armed a ball that should have been a completion to a NFL quality WR. The DB made a great play on the ball but there is no way that should have been a pick.

Naanee simply has got to go. What has he shown to be active over Matthews? Nothing, nothing at all.

You must not watch a lot of football... If you did you you would recognize a good defensive play when you see one. The ball was where it was supposed to be, the receiver was not, the DB jumped the route... the WR did not break the play up.

I watch plenty of football, and I watched that play a few times. Tannehill's only legit pass was behind the receiver. The DB had him draped and threw it right into his hands. Yes, Nannee did very little to break the play up which he probably could have done with a little effort, but it doesn't excuse the fact that Tannehill shouldn't had made the throw in the first place. You don't see Tannehill blaming the pick on the receiver, so I have no idea why you would try to make that argument.

agreed, he looked exactly like Henne today in the game, on the sideline, and off the field.

splitting image of chad henne

Two first and goals and no TD? Chad Henne alright.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Ironically Blaine Gabbart looked like a totally different QB today.

Until the point where he lost the game.

I HATE TO GO BOLD/ALL CAPS BUT.......HOW COME THE FANS CAN SEE PLAYERS THAT AREN'T GOOD, STATE THAT THEY NEED TO BE RELEASED, AND THE FRONT OFFICE DOESN'T NOTICE IT UNTIL WEEKS EVEN MONTHS LATER, WHEN THEY GET TO LOOK AT FILM OF THE GUY REPEATEDLY??

IS IT THE PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE PLAYERS?
I'M CONFUSED.

It is obvious that Nannee is not a good receiver. He dropped balls in pre-season games. He dropped them today. He runs good routes they say, but he looks slow out of his breaks, so DB's will be jumping his routes all year. The guy is a stiff.

How come the coaching staff cannot see this? It baffles me.

He had zero yards today! That is not acceptable. Get him off this team Ireland.

I HATE TO GO BOLD/ALL CAPS BUT.......HOW COME THE FANS CAN SEE PLAYERS THAT AREN'T GOOD, STATE THAT THEY NEED TO BE RELEASED, AND THE FRONT OFFICE DOESN'T NOTICE IT UNTIL WEEKS EVEN MONTHS LATER, WHEN THEY GET TO LOOK AT FILM OF THE GUY REPEATEDLY??

IS IT THE PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE PLAYERS?
I'M CONFUSED.

It is obvious that Nannee is not a good receiver. He dropped balls in pre-season games. He dropped them today. He runs good routes they say, but he looks slow out of his breaks, so DB's will be jumping his routes all year. The guy is a stiff.

How come the coaching staff cannot see this? It baffles me.

He had zero yards today! That is not acceptable. Get him off this team Ireland.

No need to apologize on the all Caps because we all agree. It drives me nuts to wondering how he has a roster spot and if we cut him now, is guaranteed his full salary.

I don't know about Tannehill looking like Henne but I do know Finheaven looks the same as it did when Henne was starting out. Every excuse in the book being thrown out for his bad play. Does anyone really believe 3 INTS were not his fault?

​I basically like the way he handled himself, I like the confidence. He did not seem shell-shocked or overwhelmed.

I was really surprised how calm he remained. Hopefully when we find out stride near the 6 game mark, we can somehow be 3-3 instead of 0-6. We get a favorable matchup on Sunday, with Raiders coming of a short week and playing at 1:00PM. I'm heading to that game, thank god, because I think it might our first regular season black-out since 1997 against the Rams.

I think he's right when he's said "We were able to move the ball well against a great team"

They did a pretty excellent job in that 1st Q running it, making some passes here and there to get downfield.
He's focusing on the positives and sticking up for his offense around him. I like that.

This is pretty depressing. Tannehill although 6'4, he throws more like a 6'1 QB. WTF. I hope we can correct this ASAP.

“He holds the ball low on his chest while going through progressions,” Lande wrote. “Further, he has a low release point at shoulder height, which causes him to pass like a shorter quarterback. Consequently, his passes get tipped at the line.”

Tannehill sometimes was victimized the same way at Texas A&M. According to ESPN Stats Inc., eight of his 15 interceptions in 2011 came on tipped or batted passes. In Tannehill’s first preseason start at Carolina three weeks ago, four of his passes were tipped in the first half.

If he's had this problem for this long, how do you fix it.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...ns-ryan-tannehill-had-trouble-with-tip/nR6mn/

Like I stated in another post...I thought he played well. Get this kid a deep threat and another slot receiver to complement bess in the redzone and you have a team. They moved the ball well. Those two 4 and goals if they score its a 7 point game. I don't think we see another game full of turnovers like this. I can deal with a pick or two in a game it happens. Just need to get in the endzone.

This is pretty depressing. Tannehill although 6'4, he throws more like a 6'1 QB. WTF. I hope we can correct this ASAP.

If he's had this problem for this long, how do you fix it.

Go deep more. Those dump offs were not called plays. It's Henne taking what's there. We have no deep threat receivers so the D has 11 men in the little 8 yard box our offense played in for the past 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom