Tannehill press conference | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill press conference

I watch plenty of football, and I watched that play a few times. Tannehill's only legit pass was behind the receiver. The DB had him draped and threw it right into his hands. Yes, Nannee did very little to break the play up which he probably could have done with a little effort, but it doesn't excuse the fact that Tannehill shouldn't had made the throw in the first place. You don't see Tannehill blaming the pick on the receiver, so I have no idea why you would try to make that argument.

Because Tannehill told it like it is: the ball was where it was supposed to be. Where was the receiver? Not in position to get the ball. That left Naanee at a disadvantage to make a play for the ball, and the DB made a really good decision when he broke from Naanee. It was a good call by the defender and an unfortunate decision by Tannehill to go to Naanee.

You just wait and see if Naanee is still on good terms with Tannehill in another week or two. Naanee has done nothing to help RT during the games that he has started. Of course, next week would be the week that Naanee will probably turn in a huge game... and I guess we'll be happy to take it, even though I hate to see a rookie QB depend on such a sketchy receiver especially when there are so many emotionally unstable fans ready and willing to trash him.

Go deep more. Those dump offs were not called plays. It's Henne taking what's there. We have no deep threat receivers so the D has 11 men in the little 8 yard box our offense played in for the past 2 years.
They weren't dump offs. They were quick hits on slants, etc. He has to get better at finding passing lanes, but the O-linemen have to get better at getting d-lines hands down...but Watt is just a beast regardless.

Ironically Blaine Gabbart looked like a totally different QB today.

Exactly why you give them a season to learn , no matter how many mistakes keep faith if they have potential.

I don't know about Tannehill looking like Henne but I do know Finheaven looks the same as it did when Henne was starting out. Every excuse in the book being thrown out for his bad play. Does anyone really believe 3 INTS were not his fault?

Yep! I absolutely believe that.

How come sean smith got crucified for his interview on finsiders during training camp because he was supposedly giggling the whole time and nothing gets said about your team leader and QB about smiling on every question asked of him? Hated this interview becuase it seems like he didnt want to take responsibility for costing us a shot at this game.

nane stopped on his route, the ball was were it was suppose to be if nane makes the cut correctly.

I'm glad someone said this. Nanee hung Tannehill out to dry. Hard to complete a pass when the WR stops and lets the defender jump in front of the pass. I would almost say those batted ball were more his fault but if what Sherman said is true, then on three step drops the lineman are to blame.

Either way he played fine to me. Should have used the run game more when it was working with such great success. Oh well, don't think anyone expected a win yesterday.

For those comparing Tannehill to Henne the comparison is just plain stupid. How many games did Henne start his rookie year again? I have no doubt Tannehill has much more charisma and leadership ability than Henne ever will. Also Tannehill has the benefit of coaches who will trust him and improve his game.
On the three interceptions the Naanee one was clearly mostly on the receiver, anyone could see that. The other two are a combination of Tannehill, the line and luck. I have no doubt that we have our franchise QB with Tannehill, whether that is a Brady or a Sanchez type I suspect somewhere in between, but we won't know for a few years.

His demeanor reminds me of Henne.... His play today did as well

dude you're just making stuff up now. Tannehill acts nothing like Henne did. Tannehill looks comfortable and cool on camera, Henne acted like he wanted to just leave. And do you really think his play looked like Hennes? Yeah he had a rough day, but atleast he wasn't just dropping to the ground everytime someone got within five feet of him. Our real problem is the oline and wrs

So let me get this right... We are going to crucify our rookie QB after his first NFL start on the road against a tough Texans D, where outside of Bess he doesn't have a receiver who would start on any other NFL team... We are going to compare him to Henne after one start.... read this to yourself and ask yourself if that makes any sense... Wow...

Let's be honest: If Henne hadn't gotten injured last year, he probably would've wound up being as good as Moore ultimately was, and because of a higher pedigree than Moore, would've just been the starter this year. There'd be no Tannehill. Tannehill would've gotten drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round by somebody and would be feeling his ass wake up after falling asleep on the bench yesterday. Miami still went 03 in Moore's games before finally winning one. Henne might've won one of those. Last year was Henne's last chance, and he went 0-3 & 1/4. Moore had 3 quarters vs San Diego and 3 other games in that 0-7 debacle. So Moore was literally responsible for more than 1/2 of the 0-7.
I was pissed with Henne for that Cleveland game in week 3. They were right there for that and he couldn't even move the ball 1 stinkin' yard in that game ending drive. They returned a kick all the way past midfield and only needed 30 yards for an easy field goal to win the damn game. We know the result. That was the end of Henne. Then the injury just sealed the deal.

Let's be honest: If Henne hadn't gotten injured last year, he probably would've wound up being as good as Moore ultimately was, and because of a higher pedigree than Moore, would've just been the starter this year. .

Wrong. Matt Moore came in and while it took him a while to get going, he liberated this offense and did things that Henne NEVER did. Henne never once threw for 3 TD's because he choked in his opportunities to put games away. Henne never had the ability to throw the ball where his playmakers could make a big play on it, and Moore lead our offense to be near the tops in the league at that.

I don't doubt that Henne would have continued starting if not injured, just because coaches are worse than anybody at being enamored with strong arms and latching themselves to the most physically talented and not necessarily most productive QB.

Back
Top Bottom