Tannehill Sucked Today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Sucked Today

Yeah I agree besides a few drives Tanny wasn't very good. He needs to learn to get rid of the ball when he's under pressure!

He wasn't horrible but it wasn't a good game for him! I expect him to do a lot better at home this week....

And at that point in the game, the pressure obviously had affected him. Romo couldn't stop talking about how Tannehill didn't plant for the throw.

Planting for any throw with today's line would probably void any life insurance policy he holds.

Im not blaming RT for any skittishness or for not looking completely comfortable in pocket.

what happened to the understanding it would take a few weeks with a good line for RT to knock off the rust?

oh yeah, thats when we were rational.

We have reached the point where we won a football game on the road, against a division rival with a very good secondary, on a day when the pass protection was very shaky, and the quarterback had a 123 passer rating and iced a one score game with multiple clutch third down conversions to prevent the other team from ever getting the ball back at the end...

... and people said he sucked today.

You know what, I agree that it absolutely wasn't Ryan Tannehill's best game today. I expect better of him and I've definitely seen better from him. But if that's Tannehill 'sucking,' then sign me up for the long haul.

feel good all you want but the numbers don’t lie. We won’t have a chance against the better teams with his subpar play. Flame away, but it’s the cold hard truth. We should have won this game easily but once again tannehill couldnt get a drive going if his career depended on it. His three touchdown drives all started on their side of the field. Then at the end of the game he was scared to throw. Gmafb.

WTF!! He did what he had to do for us to win. 123 QBR. 2 TD's 0 INTS. Sometimes we have games like this. Who give f**k what numbers say. That's f**cking retarded talk. Unreal. We are 2-0 because of the TEAM!!! Who cares!!! It's about W's!!

Last edited by a moderator:
feel good all you want but the numbers don’t lie. We won’t have a chance against the better teams with his subpar play. Flame away, but it’s the cold hard truth. We should have won this game easily but once again tannehill couldnt get a drive going if his career depended on it. His three touchdown drives all started on their side of the field. Then at the end of the game he was scared to throw. Gmafb.
Are you implying that you in fact know more about sucking than any normal man should?

The fumble was bad, and I have one sack that I put 100% on him. He also overthrew Albert Wilson.

Overall, I'll take it. Won the damn game and he was a big part of it. That touchdown throw to Derby was pretty dang good. He had to hold the ball forever because nobody was getting open and he managed his pocket beautifully and threw a dime. I will ding him for the bad plays, but credit him the good ones. He had some good ones.

After the first play from scrimmage, the Jets decided they were going to take away the bootleg completely. And they did. On the fumble play, the Jets basically did the old "Guess the right play in Tecmo Bowl" thing and Ryan had no chance on that play, except to do what he tried to do... pump fake and see if you can get the defender to jump and then elude him.

Well, ****.

im worried about our OL (especially depth when next injury occurs), but it held
up fairy well against a talented aggressive D.
It was really impressive road clearing some of those runs though.

all in all- im shocked we did as well as we did in trenches.

He came in the clutch drive. Granted it shouldve been over by end of the 3rd , but we won a huge road game on a key drive. Tannehill is just getting his fingers wet. He been out a long time. He had huge runs for us today. Think your just saying this due to his fumble

He didn't suck. There's definitely still things he can improve on though. Like throwing the ball away instead of taking sacks.
You can't throw the ball away while the pocket is collapsing and no one is open. If he's outside the tacklebox then yes you throw it away but I'm pretty sure on all those sacks he wasn't really outside the pocket. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Which numbers?

???
  • Threw for two TDs.
  • Had a 73.9 completion %.
  • Threw 0 INTs.
  • Ran for 44 yards on 8 attemps (5 yrds an att).
  • Had a 123 QB rating in today's game.
  • Has a 104.9 QB rating so far for the season.
  • Is a top 8 QB so far.
  • Has won 2 games so far.
All that, while trying to again get comfortable after not starting an NFL game for a year and a half, getting used to a new Center, and dealing this week with having lost the best O-linemen for the season, and Miami's most gifted WR for the last couple of weeks

You can't throw the ball away while the pocket is collapsing and no one is open. If he's outside the tacklebox then yes you throw it away but I'm pretty sure on all those sacks he wasn't really outside the pocket. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

the one rollout he was wayyy out of the pocket.

and there are ways to "throw it away" without throwing it away. Watch Rodgers or Roethlisberger sometime. Those guys are great at it, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom