Tannehill Sucked Today | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Sucked Today

4kva4h.gif
I hate that video thing.

I thought that was a beautiful ball he threw out there. Honestly Wilson looked back too soon and slowed down the route just a bit. I think Wilson needs a little more time with Tanahill and trust it’s coming. 100 if that route was Stills or Grant that was a TD.

When was this pass? What quarter? I missed it

That depends on what you consider a deep ball.

Did he have over a 100 QBR in the first game, even with the 2 picks?

Funny, about four years ago people claimed that a 'real' deep ball was a throw 40 yards downfield, to a guy going vertical. That was the only deep ball that mattered when Ryan Tannehill was good on throws over 20+ yards, but had a bad stat line on throws over 40+ yards going to Mike Wallace. Then Gase gets here and he has a GREAT stat line on throws 40+ yards in the air. Oh, that's not what I meant by deep ball, though.

Get outta here. I'm not rehashing this stupid argument. Finheaven decided during the MIKE WALLACE ERA that a deep ball is a throw that's 40+ yards in the air on a guy streaking vertical. And by that definition, yeah, he's 1/2 for 75 yards and a touchdown.

Next.

Funny, about four years ago people claimed that a 'real' deep ball was a throw 40 yards downfield, to a guy going vertical. That was the only deep ball that mattered when Ryan Tannehill was good on throws over 20+ yards, but had a bad stat line on throws over 40+ yards going to Mike Wallace. Then Gase gets here and he has a GREAT stat line on throws 40+ yards in the air. Oh, that's not what I meant by deep ball, though.

Get outta here. I'm not rehashing this stupid argument. Finheaven decided during the MIKE WALLACE ERA that a deep ball is a throw that's 40+ yards in the air on a guy streaking vertical. And by that definition, yeah, he's 1/2 for 75 yards and a touchdown.

Next.
I never disparaged Tannehill's deep ball accuracy. I was just curious about the 1/2 stat.

Only on Finheaven is Darnold the next big thing but Tannehill still sucks.

He was sloppy at times but has a 72% completion pct and a 105 qb rating through two WINS. Not sure what you expected? :shrug:
reguardless of who won the game which I’m grateful we did...
You could see Clearly see Darnold is the superior passer.

I never disparaged Tannehill's deep ball accuracy. I was just curious about the 1/2 stat.

:lol:

Sorry, got sick of this debate around 2014. I finally agreed to just let it go. So now I go by the FINHEAVEN SHITPOSTER definition of a deep ball, which is 40+ yards downfield (because yeah, those get thrown a lot) on a vertical route.

I personally think that the 20+ split is way more useful, myself.

Terrible analysis. TH even knew he missed it and showed it on the field. It’s a poorly thrown ball, if made pretty much ends the game. Instead we keep the Jets in the game by not executing.
Terrible analysis? By who’s standards, yours?

You can't throw the ball away while the pocket is collapsing and no one is open. If he's outside the tacklebox then yes you throw it away but I'm pretty sure on all those sacks he wasn't really outside the pocket. Correct me if I'm wrong though...
Yeah, I've been think that same thing. You can't just throw it away whenever you're about to be sacked:

You have throw it where it can not caught by the defense and when you won't be flagged for Intentional Grounding.

I get it, from the camera's point of view we can all see the sack coming, but we have no idea what's going on down field so...

:lol:

Sorry, got sick of this debate around 2014. I finally agreed to just let it go. So now I go by the FINHEAVEN ****POSTER definition of a deep ball, which is 40+ yards downfield (because yeah, those get thrown a lot) on a vertical route.

I personally think that the 20+ split is way more useful, myself.
Yeah, I got tired of some of the people here and disappeared for a few years. I've been back a week, and I've already decided to stay out of the game day threads.

Terrible analysis? By who’s standards, yours?

I won't say your analysis is terrible, but I think you're really off-base. That was not a good throw to Wilson. Tannehill's accuracy was not up to his usual standards today.

Yeah, I've been think that same thing. You can't just throw it away whenever you're about to be sacked:

You have throw it where it can not caught by the defense and when you won't be flagged for Intentional Grounding.

I get it, from the camera's point of view we can all see the sack coming, but we have no idea what's going on down field so...
I wish more people had our logic lol but shhh that's not allowed!

I thought Ryan was up and down. The only play that really bothered me was the miss to Wilson. In that situation you have to make that throw and end the game. In 2016 he hit one to Stills to put the knife in the Bills late. I can accept that it is a rust thing because as has been pointed out, he’s been damn good on bombs since Gase arrived.

He had a couple fantastic plays (the TD to Derby) and another key completion where he extended the play - that’s the stuff I want to see him do more of. And bottom line - to get the ball w 6 min left or whatever it was and not give it back was awesome. It’s not easy to do - I don’t care if the pass to Gore almost hit the ground or that a couple of the first downs came via his legs. He gutted out the drive and got us the win.

I did not think the pass blocking was good today and I’m worried that what we saw was a direct result of Sitton’s absence and a harbinger of things to come - basically what we’ve been seeing the last umpteen years. I hope I’m wrong here.

Back
Top Bottom