Tannehill Sucked Today | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Sucked Today

The play calling got pretty conservative in the second half, and if you watch how he threw the ball on that pass to Gore, there were factors that affected how he threw it. The pass rush was in his face, and he threw it in a tomahawk chop way to get it over the defenders but quickly enough to allow Gore to get the YAC necessary to get the first down. Yeah, Gore had to reach down to catch it, but Tannehill put it in a spot that he could/should have caught it.

I felt it was a really good pass.

someone gets it! Yes he coulda floated that pass easily, but he had the awareness that he needed a quick sharp pass to let Gore get through 20yds of no man's land untouched.

given the pressure he was under and the split sec decision, i'll give him a pass and give Gore a million kudos.

The fumble was horrible but it was an unblocked rusher and something I've seen happen to just about every QB at some point. The throw to Wilson was barley over his 5'8" midget body and he slowed down before he should have. dude runs a 4.3 4...obviously he started tracking the ball too early. It happens.

Saw a couple drops. Stills is always good for a one solid hit the hands drop.

Larsen was horrible. Don't know what game yall watched but that dude is trash. The rest of the line was meh.

Not the best game but we won. If the offense still looks like this by week 5 or 6, then it's a cause for concern. The stats look way better than he did during the game, I'll concede that.

feel good all you want but the numbers don’t lie. We won’t have a chance against the better teams with his subpar play. Flame away, but it’s the cold hard truth. We should have won this game easily but once again tannehill couldnt get a drive going if his career depended on it. His three touchdown drives all started on their side of the field. Then at the end of the game he was scared to throw. Gmafb.

So are you going to show up to your own thread, and explain these numbers you talk about, or is just another Tannehill troll job?

So are you going to show up to your own thread, and explain these numbers you talk about, or is just another Tannehill troll job?
a football know nothing troll job I say.

reguardless of who won the game which I’m grateful we did...
You could see Clearly see Darnold is the superior passer.

Totally agree here and yes blessed to know we came out of this game 2-0 but Tannehill is concerning again.... He needs to step up , literally in the pocket, and deliver big throws or this will be an ugly display of offense all season as we saw today.

I'm rooting for the guy , as we all are but please lets be honest when there are concerns with the qb play. Looking at his numbers from today's game you wouldn't think there are any which is very misleading! Hope his game cleans up and we continue to see him take shots downfield like he took with Derby and Albert.

P o c k e t P r e s e n c e
Has always been my concern with the QB. Let's hope he's able to settle down and step up in the pocket as the season continues.

Last edited:
Tannehill is currently 4th in the AFC passer rating wise and is 2-0. For the record if he connects with Gesicki last week for a td instead of the int in the endzone his rating would be 122.2 and he would be second in the AFC ratings.

Tannehill is currently 4th in the AFC passer rating wise and is 2-0. For the record if he connects with Gesicki last week for a td instead of the int in the endzone his rating would be 122.2 and he would be second in the AFC ratings.

For the record he didnt hit Gesicki. If Tannehill had done this, that and this he would be leading the NFL. Im sorry but you can attach 'ifs' to every QB or player in the NFL.
I'm not going to have a bash on Tannehill. He's getting the job done right now. My problem is a team thing. Not being able to finish teams off and making the same old mistakes is what grates me. Tannehill isn't the main problem in my opinion.

Third down is a joke. The guy can not make reads down field, period. Can’t throw a ball away even when he is being chased. Has very little pocket awareness, still. Game hasn’t slowed down for him yet. We are a faster team than we have ever been. Guys can stretch the field and get open down field but I don’t think Tannehill has the ability to take advantage. He just doesn’t have it. The team is going to pass him by and he will be an obvious problem very soon. It isn’t wrong even at 2-0 to be honest and see what he is leaving out there. We did have good field position. He did ice the game, as he should there. They guy is just ok, has always been just ok. He has a lot of completions because they are all three yard throws. Even on third and eleven. The guy just can’t assert his will.

For the record he didnt hit Gesicki. If Tannehill had done this, that and this he would be leading the NFL. Im sorry but you can attach 'ifs' to every QB or player in the NFL.

I agree. I don't know where that comes from. Change worst to best. No problem.

Maybe we should recalculate everything if Stills drops the long pass against the Titans.

I like how some people assume the long ball miss should be a guaranteed thing. Brady missed the same throw against Jax on a wide open receiver. Over threw him. It happens. Overall tanny was fine.

Anyhoo, Im guessing op is just hit and run trolling.

how do you make "reads down the field" when WRs can't get open and the line can't hold a clean pocket for more than 2.5 seconds? Larsen was garbage today, period. a lot of our o line is hid behind the stupid screen passes everyone hates. I hate them too but I think there's a reason for it.

The numbers look better than RT's performance. His main job is to lead the team to wins. He's done it twice in a row. If he shakes off a little more rust he'll be more comfortable out there. Meanwhile, he's thrown some magnificent passes. The bomb to Stills was fabulous. We don't take a lot of deep shots early. I think that might loosen things up. I think more deep shots are coming.

Thank goodness Amendola wasn't badly hurt by that vicious shot. I thought the worst right away!

Meh he wasn't great. But he did enough to get the TDs we needed and his running was important.

I'm not worried about Tannehill, he is coming back from 2 years off and returned to a very different lineup than the one he left. In 2016 it took him 4 or 5 games to hit his stride under Gases new system and I thought that might happen this year aswell.

The O is spluttering a bit but has shown flash's of life, I think it will be pretty good one of these days

Back
Top Bottom