Tannehill Sucked Today | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Sucked Today

Meh he wasn't great. But he did enough to get the TDs we needed and his running was important.

I'm not worried about Tannehill, he is coming back from 2 years off and returned to a very different lineup than the one he left. In 2016 it took him 4 or 5 games to hit his stride under Gases new system and I thought that might happen this year aswell.

The O is spluttering a bit but has shown flash's of life, I think it will be pretty good one of these days

This, winning gives us the chance to be patient we should take it.

OP needs to get out more, and by that, I mean watch some other football games and get some perspective

The choice of title was foolish, but the text by the OP indicates RT may not play well enough to beat a good team. I can accept that speculation. RT is well suited for the offense we run. The offense is heavily influenced by Mike Martz, Gase’s mentor. It is an updated version of the greatest show on earth with smaller fast receivers. The QB has to have very good ball placement for this type offense to be successful, and his ball placement has been spot on for the run after the catch type of throws. He still has some rust, but I will take his performance given Coach Gase’s expectations.

Last edited:
He still has rust, which apparently many have forgot that it's been 2016 since he last played real football. He still frustrates with pocket awareness which he was improving vastly in 2016 but it's lingering again. He has played far better than I expected at this point. I am glad to see Gase is not being too careful and letting him run. We are going to need that all season long.

I wouldn't say Tannehill sucked, but he definitely didn't play his best.

I won't even go so far as to say the numbers are against him although the sub 200 passing yard games will cost us especially if we don't put points on the board in the 2nd half. That's on Gase AND Tannehill though. Not for a lack of trying, but the Wilson overthrow was 100% Tannehill, but screw it, at least his Cannon is still firing.

I would more say the frustration for Tannehill is from a few things numbers won't really tell you. The pocket presence he showed in the first half was abysmal. There were multiple dropbacks he recognized the blitz, scrambled and for some unknown reason took the hit and didn't throw it away. Multiple plays.

Secondly, the fumble. It was just comical and unnecessary. It shows rust and/or a lack of concentration which is what some of us are concerned about and have been for years.

Third. The defense 100% bailed out the offensive misgivings yesterday. They not only saved the game but provided more opportunities for the offense to put some more plays in they wouldn't have normally had.

Overall, he had an "average" game, which honestly is part for the course for Tannehill. A win is fantastic and I'll take it how I can get it, but to call people who question facts like these as "haters" is just turning a blind eye to some glaring problems that are going to rear their ugly head sooner than later.

Nah I think that was an overthrow. The thing is, we need to take more deep shots. We're pretty good at them, but nobody's going to hit 100%. That's why you take more.

As if every other NFL QB hits EVERY deep ball. Ummm, they don't. Yes, it looked a little overthrown, but if missing a deep throw proves something, there isn't a good QB in the NFL. No offense, but any post that discusses ONE play by anyone is ignoring all the other plays. BTW, every QB has a FEW bad plays a game.

Again, RT wasn't up to par and i can admit that as a fan of the kid. I actually find a great deal of positive from that bc he played a big part in a win going in to the house of a divisional opponent who was coming in jacked up from a huge game and a ton of national attention. He did this while not being any where near his best. Just imagine what the games are gonna look like when this rust wears off.

This team is gonna be very good.

Between Sitton going down and Bowles' schemes Tannehill just doesn't match up well with the Jets but we got away with a fairly easy win that most people thought we'd lose cause our D is generating turnovers. By the time them turnovers dry up our offense should be altogether more consistent. I do think we need Parker, and Gase missed a trick playing him against Tremaine Johnson just to send a message. Parker just stepping on to the field will garner the opposition's number 1 corner which means more opportunities for the other guys.

As I stated in another thread, my only concern was Tannehill holding the ball way too long on several plays. Other than that I’m encouraged with Tannehill’s play.

Yeah, that’s my concern but he should get better with time. The left side of the line looked bad yesterday.

So far I’m not enamored with the offense. I like the guys they have but they don’t throw down the field a ton whether by design or just a lack of deep threats not named Stills.

As far as Ryan is concerned, I believe it will take a few games for him to really get back in the groove of things after his injury. Being 2-0 on that journey so far though is a FANTASTIC thing.

Thank God for Howard's INT and the run game on the last drive, which Tannehill was a part of. As far as Tannehill's play, it has to be better if this team is really going to compete against playoff caliber teams. It's been only two weeks, so there is plenty of time to improve. Needing to improve from 2-0 Is better than doing it from 0-2. The deep ball he missed was not only overthrown but was on the wrong side of the receiver. He was not under pressure, and only needed to put the ball to the inside and let Wilson run under it. You can't miss that to seal the game. We should win next week at home against a 0-2 Raider team traveling to the east coast in the heat. The two games after that should be a good test for this team.

For the record he didnt hit Gesicki. If Tannehill had done this, that and this he would be leading the NFL. Im sorry but you can attach 'ifs' to every QB or player in the NFL.
I'm not going to have a bash on Tannehill. He's getting the job done right now. My problem is a team thing. Not being able to finish teams off and making the same old mistakes is what grates me. Tannehill isn't the main problem in my opinion.

I agree. I don't know where that comes from. Change worst to best. No problem.

Maybe we should recalculate everything if Stills drops the long pass against the Titans.

I was pointing out that at this early stage of the season one pass play is the difference between being 4th in the AFC qb rating or 2nd. At this point his 104 rating and 4 tds and 2 inteceptions are fine, but if he found a way to make the play to Gesicki his numbers of a 122 passer rating with 5 td and 1 int would be excellent, especially considering most of us expected there to be some rust during the first month of the season. We have to remember in the past 18 months he's played a total of 12 quarters of football (4 in preseason and 8 in regular season).

Back
Top Bottom