Tannehill Sucked Today | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Sucked Today

I hate this take and I hate how much I've seen it since the game ended. Everyone KILLS Tannehill because he lacks pocket presence. Yet, when the pocket was collapsing on the 3rd and 19 and he stepped up and found Gore that seems to get downplayed. That was huge. Instead of taking a sack or trying to roll back out of the pocket he stepped up and completed a pass. I mean I get it....he's not Tom Brady but man he can't do anything right in some fans eyes.

Any issues last week might have been rust (when he had decent protection). Any issues this week were primarily due to no pass protection. Go back and watch the game, you will see how many dropbacks he was facing the pass rush. He probably doesn't want to have to piss blood anymore at this stage of his career.
I would call the issues yesterday rust also because he hasn't faced the type of pressure in a long time. At times he looked like he was walking in quicksand. He better get used to poor pass protection because the interior of the line is average at best. He needs to be more evasive, he can do it we seen it in 2016. Just needs to shake off those cobwebs.

I'm glad Ryans back, and no doubt in my mind he pull a few near perfect games by mid season or there after.

Tannehill looked like a complete idiot on a handful of plays but overall I think he played well. The Oline gave him plenty of time and he held onto the ball way too long on a few plays.

Gase needs to call more designed run plays for him. Like, at least, 3 or 4 more each game. Dude's got wheels.

Terrible analysis. TH even knew he missed it and showed it on the field. It’s a poorly thrown ball, if made pretty much ends the game. Instead we keep the Jets in the game by not executing.

We have thrown what 2 long passes. One we hit last week and one we missed this week. It would be nice if we tried to hit a couple more...

Any issues last week might have been rust (when he had decent protection). Any issues this week were primarily due to no pass protection. Go back and watch the game, you will see how many dropbacks he was facing the pass rush. He probably doesn't want to have to piss blood anymore at this stage of his career.

Primarily due to no pass protection? but yet in the 1st half of yesterdays game he was able to go 12 of 15 80.6% 116 yards 2 TD's to 0 ints and a qb rating of 138.5 while getting sacked 3 times.

and in the 2nd half his completion% dropped from 80.6% to 62.5% his qb rating dropped down to 81.3 while getting sacked once.

He had the same o-line the entire game and personally I feel like the oline and Tannehill did a better job with the pass rush in the 2nd half.

I hate this take and I hate how much I've seen it since the game ended. Everyone KILLS Tannehill because he lacks pocket presence. Yet, when the pocket was collapsing on the 3rd and 19 and he stepped up and found Gore that seems to get downplayed. That was huge. Instead of taking a sack or trying to roll back out of the pocket he stepped up and completed a pass. I mean I get it....he's not Tom Brady but man he can't do anything right in some fans eyes.

That was probably the play I was talking about earlier in the thread. The way he climbed that shitty pocket was clutch.

Primarily due to no pass protection? but yet in the 1st half of yesterdays game he was able to go 12 of 15 80.6% 116 yards 2 TD's to 0 ints and a qb rating of 138.5 while getting sacked 3 times.

and in the 2nd half his completion% dropped from 80.6% to 62.5% his qb rating dropped down to 81.3 while getting sacked once.

He had the same o-line the entire game and personally I feel like the oline and Tannehill did a better job with the pass rush in the 2nd half.

It was already leaky nonsense from the get go. Play calling had to be altered because we couldn't protect.

I haven't watched the all-22 but you would have to assume the WR's were blanketed often. He should have thrown the ball away or something but I don't think it was all on the OL. A few plays, guys broke free but for the most part I'm thinking it was just good coverage on the Jets part. Not sure why they didn't have someone ready for a dump-off or maybe they were covered too?

Look, the things he does well he did well right away. And you could say the same about the bad things. He hasn’t become better or gotten worse. What you see is what you get. A big completion percent and few int because he throws six yard passes in bunches. Check down Charlie. He can’t be decisive and impose his will on a defense, he takes what they give him. That’s what we have with him, a decent guy who will never be better than what you see in year seven. He could be the quarterback on a Super Bowl winning team, but he can’t take a non SB team there. Ever.

Tannehill was good imo. Battled through leaky pass protection and converted some big late 1st downs. I'm not worried about the missed bomb to Wilson, those are low percentage throws for a reason. The TD to Derby was a thing of beauty.

This Jets pass rush is probably going to prove to be one of the best in the league as the season plays out.

Back
Top Bottom