Tannehill Sucked Today | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Sucked Today

There is pocket presence when there is an actual pocket. Check out him side stepping feeling the pocket sliding right.

That's like... perfect protection, not just a pocket. That required almost no movement from the QB. We're just not used to seeing that but it's pretty common for Brady.

Tannehill so far is what he's always been inconsistent. I don't believe he's played elite nor did he suck today. Some people will say it's rust but Tannehill has always been a tale of good stretches and bad stretches.

Through 2 games in the 1st half he has completed 82.1% of his passes for 207 yds and 3 td's to 0 ints and a QB rating of 133.2.
Through 2 games in the 2nd half he has completed 60.9% of his passes for 191 yards 1 TD to 2 ints and a QB rating of 65.7.

small sample skews your numbers- especially the TD/INTS.

You can also say he threw 2 INT in 2nd half the first game, and 0 the second game, so he is mathematically infinitely better now than week 1.

bottom line is we run short passing game almost like an alt rushing game. as we build lead in 2nd half, teams have to clamp down- making it harder to complete %. but it also opens up other areas like the longer pass. the total yds passing is about same in both halves, even though pass % is markedly down in 2nd. Shows Da are stopping short passing more, but giving up bigger plays.

this is a small sample size. our O is getting better and better- as is RT.

Let's be honest. Any team, any fan would gladly take Tannehill's game yesterday. A quarterback rating of 123, a key time-consuming drive to end the game, 44 yards rushing. He wasn't perfect, but man how could anyone equate that with sucking?

I trust those who can really break down film (certainly not my area of expertise). There will be plenty of breakdowns of his play against the Jets. They'll be some good, some bad. But he did NOT suck. The fact that he made the plays that he did tells you he was not bad. He made plays that helped put points on the board and helped ice the game with his legs. Other than the bad fumble, I'll take the W and for the most part the way he played anyday.

Sitton out hurts the offense line pass blocking, is as simple as that.

Jets blitz, good dline

2 good drives that should have produced more points in the 2nd half, Kilgore forgetting to hike the ball, last drive looked good and looked like 3 if not 7, if not for mercy and jacking up the score.

2 fumbles were hard to take but he ended the game with a QBR of 123

when the Dolphins win the Super Bowl, some here will complain how they did it
smiley.php

small sample skews your numbers- especially the TD/INTS.

You can also say he threw 2 INT in 2nd half the first game, and 0 the second game, so he is mathematically infinitely better now than week 1.

bottom line is we run short passing game almost like an alt rushing game. as we build lead in 2nd half, teams have to clamp down- making it harder to complete %. but it also opens up other areas like the longer pass. the total yds passing is about same in both halves, even though pass % is markedly down in 2nd. Shows Da are stopping short passing more, but giving up bigger plays.

this is a small sample size. our O is getting better and better- as is RT.

Except I also brought up his 1st half and 2nd half numbers in the Jets game in which he threw 0 ints so no the numbers aren't really skewed. Like I said in the jets game his numbers were the following.

1st half he was able to go 12 of 15, 80.6%, 116 yards, 2 TD's to 0 ints, and a qb rating of 138.5.

2nd half his completion% dropped from 80.6% to 62.5%, 52 yards, and his qb rating dropped down to 81.3.

His longest pass in the 2nd half was the Frank Gore catch where he threw it short and Gore gained 19 yards. So i'm not really sure how accurate your assessment of teams giving up bigger plays to stop the short passing game in the 2nd half is.

I smell desperation by a small percent of "fans" that cant accept success by Gase, RT, and co.

Sad for them.

by the way, that long pass of course was not a bad throw. he threw it where only 1 guy (the RIGHT guy) had a chance to get it (or even touch it). Missed by a half step- by NFL standards that was a decent throw.

Last edited:
superphin- I see. His 2nd half production fell off from an almost super-human QBR in the first half. How the F did that happen!???

We are soooooo screwed if RT keeps failing to play to that standard.

you people are funny and i feel a little silly even responding to some of this nonsense.

Clearly as time goes on the frustration fades and the numbers you see on a stat sheet look better and better.

Back
Top Bottom