Tannehill Sucked Today | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Sucked Today

Third down is a joke. The guy can not make reads down field, period. Can’t throw a ball away even when he is being chased. Has very little pocket awareness, still. Game hasn’t slowed down for him yet. We are a faster team than we have ever been. Guys can stretch the field and get open down field but I don’t think Tannehill has the ability to take advantage. He just doesn’t have it. The team is going to pass him by and he will be an obvious problem very soon. It isn’t wrong even at 2-0 to be honest and see what he is leaving out there. We did have good field position. He did ice the game, as he should there. They guy is just ok, has always been just ok. He has a lot of completions because they are all three yard throws. Even on third and eleven. The guy just can’t assert his will.

LOL. They were 6 of 13 on 3rd down.

Derby was his third read on this play and was farther down the field (Does that qualify as a "check up"?):

https://www.miamidolphins.com/video/ryan-tannehill-finds-a-j-derby-for-19-yard-td

Can't take advantage down the field? LOL. Dude, this was just a week ago.....

https://www.miamidolphins.com/video/kenny-stills-burns-malcolm-butler-for-75-yard-td

As much as you want to deny it, both Gase and Tannehill were talking specifically about how the game had slowed down in 2016. Shaking off the rust this season WHILE WINNING GAMES.

The Tannehill divide.

If you're a fan of Tannehill then probably think Miami won in large part because of Tannehill and he had a good game putting up the following #s:

17-23, 168 yards, 2 TD...123.1 QB rating
44 yards rushing

If you're not a fan of Tannehill then probably think Miami won in spite of Tannehill and he had a poor game that included the following:

2 fumbles, one belonging in football follies
4 sacks for a loss of 46 yards
4.5 yards per pass attempt when factoring in pass yards minus sack yards
Miami offense totaling 257 yards
Offense scoring 20 total points including 0 in second half
Total QBR of 40.7 ranking him 23rd out of the 30 QBs qualifying yesterday

If you're neutral on Tannehill then probably think Miami's win was a team effort and Tannehill play fell somewhere in between the opposing views above.

I'll add, yesterday he traded a couple of sacks at relatively meaningless points on the field for a TD pass at the end of the half. By that, I mean the same decision was involved on all three plays. Wait just a bit longer.....

It is a trade off, plain and simple. I'd like to see him avoid a couple of the sacks and I think he will improve, but that TD throw is why some of the sacks happen.

There are times to throw away and times to eat the sack. When you are out of the pocket on a scramble and all options downfield are exhausted, you don't just keep running for the sideline, you toss it. I recall twice yesterday Tannehill was ducking out to his right and got slammed down from behind because he was clueless as to who and how close they were behind him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it is only game two and he will get better though, I won't call for his head.

The Tannehill divide.

If you're a fan of Tannehill then probably think Miami won in large part because of Tannehill and he had a good game putting up the following #s:

44 yards rushing

If you're not a fan of Tannehill then probably think Miami won in spite of Tannehill and he had a poor game that included the following:

If you're neutral on Tannehill then probably think Miami's win was a team effort and Tannehill play fell somewhere in between the opposing views above.

So th o-line gets zero credit for the sacks and what the hell is QBR? How is it calculated?

feel good all you want but the numbers don’t lie. We won’t have a chance against the better teams with his subpar play. Flame away, but it’s the cold hard truth. We should have won this game easily but once again tannehill couldnt get a drive going if his career depended on it. His three touchdown drives all started on their side of the field. Then at the end of the game he was scared to throw. Gmafb.
Don't care about numbers, except the W/L numbers?
Bottom line is we came away with a win. The team seemed to lose a little bit of its urgency in the second half, at least until that final drive when it mattered most.
Tanny held the ball a little to long a few times yesterday and he missed a wide open Wilson for six (TD Bomb) which he absolutely has to connect. All in all, 2-0, with 1 win in the division (Road victory) as well as 2-0 in the AFC. Could really set up a epic early season match-up w the Pats if Miami can take care of business vs the Raiders this Sunday.
Hope they are dressed in Black and it is 90 degrees. Finally, a real home field advantage once again (Orange Bowl).

lol at anyone using ESPN's fraudulent QBR stat in the year 2018.

You don't even know the formula for the statistic and you're posting it like gospel. Didn't Mariota have a higher QBR week 1 than Tannehill? :lmfao: Mariota was dreadful in that game. There's talk in Nashville that he won't even come back into the lineup when he is healthy.

I'm going to give you a little secret: ESPN televises Monday Night Football. Check and see which quarterbacks have a high QBR and compare that to which teams have Monday Night Football appearances. And then note which weeks those teams' quarterbacks have their better QBR performances.

:ponder:

These are QBs that are NOT 2-0. Tom Brady, Big Ben, Andrew Luck and all the other QBs in the league except five teams. Some Dolphins fans are just bitchy whiners. We haven't been 2-0 in FIVE years. Embrace it!

The Tannehill divide.

44 yards rushing

You conveniently left out factor 4 which in my opinion would be actually give credit to the opposing defense.

The Tannehill divide.

44 yards rushing

Take a lap for using QBR in an argument. Should we have kicked a FG with 10 seconds left to get the O scoring up to 23? That would have meant no goose egg in the 2nd half too.

Who decides when a sack is on the QB or the line? If you're going to rag on Tannehill, at least make it rational. The fumble was bad. He should have thrown away 1 or 2 balls that were sacks. He needs to hit Wilson on the fly to cement the game. Not as perfect game but not many QBs play perfect games.

So th o-line gets zero credit for the sacks and what the hell is QBR? How is it calculated?

QBR is another Tannehill divide.

If you're a fan of his then probably hate it, think it stupid and claim it's bogus because ESPN doesn't publicly display the formula.

If you're not a fan of Tannehill then probably think it has merit and takes into account the QBs play in the context in which it occurred factoring in how much credit/blame goes to the OL or QB on a sack, whether the QB completed a pass for 5 yards on 1st and 10 or 3rd and 8, etc...

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/...-calculated-we-explain-our-quarterback-rating

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

The Tannehill divide.

44 yards rushing

Explain in detail every aspect of qbr. Because unless you work for ESPN no one has a clue what goes into it. I don’t know if it is true but I’ve heard if you score to fast and the defense gives up a score it goes against qbr. The fumbled snap goes against the qbr, this is stuff out of the QB hands.

You literally don't know the formula for how the 'statistic' is calculated.

You also can't defend, I'm sure, the fact that special teams and defensive play are factored into the statistic. I mean, I'm sure you're the sort of person who would actually try, but you wouldn't be able to do it successfully.

Take a lap for using QBR in an argument. Should we have kicked a FG with 10 seconds left to get the O scoring up to 23? That would have meant no goose egg in the 2nd half too.

Who decides when a sack is on the QB or the line? If you're going to rag on Tannehill, at least make it rational. The fumble was bad. He should have thrown away 1 or 2 balls that were sacks. He needs to hit Wilson on the fly to cement the game. Not as perfect game but not many QBs play perfect games.
Sounds like you need a hug :)

I didn't make an argument who's fault it was, just described what appears to be the Tannehill divide.

If you are only using QB rating then you should be running right along side of me in that lap.

If you're a fan of his then probably hate it, think it stupid and claim it's bogus because ESPN doesn't publicly display the formula.

If you're not a fan of Tannehill then probably think it has merit and takes into account the QBs play in the context in which it occurred factoring in how much credit/blame goes to the OL or QB on a sack, whether the QB completed a pass for 5 yards on 1st and 10 or 3rd and 8, etc...

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/...-calculated-we-explain-our-quarterback-rating

Or if y

Cant speak for anyone else, but I can assure you that my total disdain and contempt for ESPN's QBR has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel about Ryan Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom