Tannehill Sucked Today | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Sucked Today

Tannehill hits that deep ball to Wilson and I think everyone would be ok with his game today. That was a layup, has to make that one.
I thought that was a beautiful ball he threw out there. Honestly Wilson looked back too soon and slowed down the route just a bit. I think Wilson needs a little more time with Tanahill and trust it’s coming. 100 if that route was Stills or Grant that was a TD.

???
  • Threw for two TDs.
  • Had a 73.9 completion %.
  • Threw 0 INTs.
  • Ran for 44 yards on 8 attemps (5 yrds an att).
  • Had a 123 QB rating in today's game.
  • Has a 104.9 QB rating so far for the season.
  • Is a top 8 QB so far.
  • Has won 2 games so far.
All that, while trying to again get comfortable after not starting an NFL game for a year and a half, getting used to a new Center, and dealing this week with having lost the best O-linemen for the season, and Miami's most gifted WR for the last couple of weeks
Yeah, that's kind of my point. "Which numbers today don't lie about Tannehill sucking?," was my question.

???
  • Threw for two TDs.
  • Had a 73.9 completion %.
  • Threw 0 INTs.
  • Ran for 44 yards on 8 attemps (5 yrds an att).
  • Had a 123 QB rating in today's game.
  • Has a 104.9 QB rating so far for the season.
  • Is a top 8 QB so far.
  • Has won 2 games so far.
All that, while trying to again get comfortable after not starting an NFL game for a year and a half, getting used to a new Center, and dealing this week with having lost the best O-linemen for the season, and Miami's most gifted WR for the last couple of weeks

Don't diagree with anything except the end. Can we stop anointing Parker until he shows at least a glimpse of consistent production?

I thought that was a beautiful ball he threw out there. Honestly Wilson looked back too soon and slowed down the route just a bit. I think Wilson needs a little more time with Tanahill and trust it’s coming. 100 if that route was Stills or Grant that was a TD.

Nah I think that was an overthrow. The thing is, we need to take more deep shots. We're pretty good at them, but nobody's going to hit 100%. That's why you take more.

Don't diagree with anything except the end. Can we stop anointing Parker until he shows at least a glimpse of consistent production?

I felt Parker was sorely missed today, as a lot of guys were having trouble getting open and we know for a fact that Devante Parker OWNS Trumaine Johnson.

Terrible analysis. TH even knew he missed it and showed it on the field. It’s a poorly thrown ball, if made pretty much ends the game. Instead we keep the Jets in the game by not executing.

I think something to consider that hasn't been mentioned. The dude hasn't played in nearly 2 years. His first two games back he has over 100QB rating and the team is 2-0.

There are definitely things that need to improve but the dude is battling and leading.

I'd certainly like to see a cleaner pocket so we can actually run routes beyond 5 yards. I also think we'll wrinkle out more plays as season goes on. We certainly didn't empty the clip on the first two games.

Oh yea Tannehill is what 1-2 on deep balls this season. Sheesh cut some slack.

Well don't just disappear like that, give us your numbers that show he sucks...

I think something to consider that hasn't been mentioned. The dude hasn't played in nearly 2 years. His first two games back he has over 100QB rating and the team is 2-0.

There are definitely things that need to improve but the dude is battling and leading.

I'd certainly like to see a cleaner pocket so we can actually run routes beyond 5 yards. I also think we'll wrinkle out more plays as season goes on. We certainly didn't empty the clip on the first two games.

Oh yea Tannehill is what 1-2 on deep balls this season. Sheesh cut some slack.
That depends on what you consider a deep ball.

Did he have over a 100 QBR in the first game, even with the 2 picks?

the one rollout he was wayyy out of the pocket.

and there are ways to "throw it away" without throwing it away. Watch Rodgers or Roethlisberger sometime. Those guys are great at it, IMO.
I get what you are saying and he does lack pocket presence sometimes as those two guys you named are some of the best at it. It's just hard to be deceiving and throw the ball at a receivers feet all while a down lineman is in your face with no throwing lane. You can't chuck it and pray. We all know he has issues with balls getting tipped at the line. That's Gase coaching him, IMO.

Terrible analysis. TH even knew he missed it and showed it on the field. It’s a poorly thrown ball, if made pretty much ends the game. Instead we keep the Jets in the game by not executing.

We win, instead you bitch we didn't win it 'sooner'.

feel good all you want but the numbers don’t lie. We won’t have a chance against the better teams with his subpar play. Flame away, but it’s the cold hard truth. We should have won this game easily but once again tannehill couldnt get a drive going if his career depended on it. His three touchdown drives all started on their side of the field. Then at the end of the game he was scared to throw. Gmafb.
4kva4h.gif

Back
Top Bottom