Tannehill Sucked Today | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Sucked Today

A lot of teams lost their starting QB and then excelled with backups. (Keenum Vikkngs, Foles Eagles, Fitzpatrick Bucs, )

Thats the one thing that concerns me a little- why couldnt Gase get it going? Seems we couldve found a QB capable of sustaining SOME success from 2016.

I think he somewhat "gave up on" that season when RT went down, and maybe used it as a purge to find out who was committed and were good locker teammates and who were not. If that was more his focus, then well done.
I don't think a lot of teams excelled. I think a couple did, Vikings, Eagles. Fitz looks good right now - he has a history of doing that. Come in, play well, get paid, fall apart. I think a heck of a lot more teams fail with backups than succeed. Just because a couple of teams did it in recent memory doesn't mean it's some standard that'll continue to happen.

A lot of teams lost their starting QB and then excelled with backups. (Keenum Vikkngs, Foles Eagles, Fitzpatrick Bucs, )

Thats the one thing that concerns me a little- why couldnt Gase get it going? Seems we couldve found a QB capable of sustaining SOME success from 2016.

I think he somewhat "gave up on" that season when RT went down, and maybe used it as a purge to find out who was committed and were good locker teammates and who were not. If that was more his focus, then well done.

Vikings: elite defense. Also, Case Keenum isn't particularly good, but he's competent. He does a few things rather well.

Eagles: Top tier defense, and still have been extremely up and down with Nick Foles. Outside of the playoff games and Super Bowl -- which were a truly incredible coaching job by Pederson and Reich -- the Eagles have not been good with Foles.

Bucs: Semiannual Ryan Fitzpatrick gets white hot and then implodes cycle.

I loved Matt Moore as a backup, but Gase was correct I think that he couldn't rely on Matt for an extended stretch. Moore isn't particularly cerebral at the LoS (hence a lot of motion IDs) and his arm just kind of fell off. The latter is the reason he's out of football completely now. His body just broke down. It sucks, because I absolutely loved him as a guy who could come in for a half or a couple of games and just say "**** it, we're going deep" to keep defenses honest.

Cutler's arm was shot. Watch some of those 2017 pass attempts. Guy just couldn't sling it anymore.

they didn't have much choice, some slim pickings in August

Lamar Jackson would be a more exciting guy to watch develop than a rusty old never been. Ross has to root out the Tannefanboyz and put them on the hot seat.

tañnehill sucks. top 10 QB in the division maybe..
.a loser otherwise

You mean like the guy named Bridgwater the jets traded to the Saints. He would look damn sweet right now.

Just add it to the list of misses since Marino
We were talking about last year, pretty sure he wasn't able to help

No Bridgewater and one pick away from Rosen.

Imbeciles, we are owed an apology. 11 more games of bubble screens and short of the sticks passes. What did we do to deserve this??!

Nah, hes not. He poked his head up to get a jab in after two weeks of Tannehill failures, but just look at his history. Hell, before the NE game he was attached to his keyboard propping RT up and swinging at anyone who mentioned anything wrong with his play.

I was trying to be nice, got a lot of grief for not being very welcoming last week :)

Back
Top Bottom