Tannehill Sucked Today | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Sucked Today

Pointing out what I wrote? Do I need to do anything else?
Not helping your case dude, you keep banging your drum, there seems to be plenty around here that are willing to follow. I'm in the minority with my ignorant statements for sure.

There are currently 17 QB's in the league that have as many or more sacks than Tannehill have. Most of them playing for teams with a lesser record. I guess they have poor pocket awareness as well?? (Including Aaron Rodgers, Ben, Cam, Wilson, etc.)

The biggest issue I have with most Dolphins fans are the blinders they seem to wear when discussing football. It's almost like they refuse to watch anything but HIGHLIGHTS of other players to make judgements off of.

Tannehill is held to such an unrealistic standard that it is hard to fathom. and the excuses DOLPHIN FANS make for every other QB just make it that much worse.

It's sad how so many dolphins fans completely lack any perspective and objectivity and would rather bitch and complain and make "IGNORANT statements" that they hold as opinions and think that they can be expected to have a rational conversation.

Maybe I am missing what you were saying in the earlier post. I thought you said that Tannehill should have pivoted and waited until Wilson cleared that LB before throwing the ball. I just don't see how that can happen before the rushing LB crushes him.

You know looking at this play now real time I think he sees the off coverage on Wilson by his man and actually decides the entire way he’s going there. I think he ids the man coverage and the off and just rips it despite his shoulders and feet pointed outside. The first progression is stills but he skips it despite his body there. I don’t see how he went thru that top side progression.

The only thing he might have done is seen how the corner top side at the top of the route jammed stills and was gonna be close to sitting inside on any throw there. But if he did he did it in a nanosecond.

Makes more sense to me he saw the off over Wilson pre snap and decided he was going there given it was man. Rips it right by the lbs ear.

Why he didn’t just square his shoulders and feet there to Wilson only thing I can think of is he’s trying to keep the lb from running underneath of his eyes.

I won't say your analysis is terrible, but I think you're really off-base. That was not a good throw to Wilson. Tannehill's accuracy was not up to his usual standards today.
Fair enough but do you have access to rewatch the game? Or is this based off a couple of viewings, live and maybe a replay or two on sports center etc? I have game pass and watched that throw 25 times at least and in all slo mo and all I’m saying is a player with more chemistry with Tannehill or even Grant or Parker would have caught that ball. It was 1 yard away not 3 or 5, 1 yard and I believe Stills runs under it and Parker Dives for it.

I’m just saying they don’t have that chemistry yet. That’s all. They’ll be hitting that by end of season. I’m not sayin Tannehill is Tom Brady on the deep ball but he has gotten real, real good with that throw, so much that he finished 4th in deep balls in 16 and he’s starting this season off pretty good. Those have been some good passes. He hit Stills for a TD, one came off Grants hands and this one was just a yard off. I’ll venture to say if Gase green lights enough deep balls this year and he qualifies he makes the top 5 again..

On a podcast last week, someone asked what NFL quarterback has the most wins (in games they started) at Cleveland Browns Stadium (now called FirstEnergy Stadium) since the Cleveland Brown re-entered the NFL in 1999? Someone answered Ben Roethlisberger. I laughed pretty hard. But actually, that answer is not completely accurate. Ben Roethlisberger is tied with Derek Anderson. According to pro-football-reference.com, here are the top 4 NFL quarterbacks with the most wins (in games they started) at Cleveland Browns Stadium (now called FirstEnergy Stadium) as of today September 20, 2018:
Ben Roethlisberger 11-2-1
Derek Anderson 11-10
Joe Flacco 8-1
Tim Couch 8-21

It got me thinking about where Ryan Tannehill fits into the history of Hard Rock Stadium.
According to pro-football-reference.com, as of today September 20, 2108, here are the top 10 NFL quarterbacks with the most wins (in games they started) at Hard Rock Stadium since the stadium opened in 1987 (Hard Rock Stadium has had so many previous names that I'm not going to list them):
Dan Marino 60-32
Ryan Tannehill 23-16
Jay Fiedler 21-10
Ray Lucas 11-1
Scott Mitchell 10-6
Damon Huard 10-7
Matt Moore 9-5
Chad Pennington 8-6
Jim Kelly 7-3
Tom Brady 7-9

Be aware:
- If quarterbacks have the same number of wins, then the one with the better winning percentage is listed higher
- This list includes quarterbacks who played against the Dolphins (i.e. Tom Brady, Jim Kelly)
- This list also includes quarterbacks who played both for and against the Dolphins (i.e. Ray Lucas, Scott Mitchell, Damon Huard, Chad Pennington)

I'm not trying to make a point. I just thought this information was interesting.
My favorite stat above is Tom Brady at 7-9. I would really like his career record in Hard Rock Stadium to continue to be a losing record. By the way, my research indicates the following is Ryan Tannehill's record (in games he started each year) at Hard Rock Stadium:
2012 5-3
2013 4-4
2014 4-4
2015 3-4 (Game 4 in London [vs. Jets] was designated as a home game)
2016 6-1 (Ryan got hurt in Game 13 [home game win vs. Cardinals] and did not play in Game 16 [home game loss vs. Patriots] )
2018 1 (as of today September 20, 2018)

With a win this week, the Dolphins W/L record under RT17 gets to .500. Finally making up ground after all those wasted years under Philbin.

Tannehill's Dolphins will also be 11-5 under Gase with a Q this week.

There are currently 17 QB's in the league that have as many or more sacks than Tannehill have. Most of them playing for teams with a lesser record. I guess they have poor pocket awareness as well?? (Including Aaron Rodgers, Ben, Cam, Wilson, etc.)

The biggest issue I have with most Dolphins fans are the blinders they seem to wear when discussing football. It's almost like they refuse to watch anything but HIGHLIGHTS of other players to make judgements off of.

Tannehill is held to such an unrealistic standard that it is hard to fathom. and the excuses DOLPHIN FANS make for every other QB just make it that much worse.

It's sad how so many dolphins fans completely lack any perspective and objectivity and would rather bitch and complain and make "IGNORANT statements" that they hold as opinions and think that they can be expected to have a rational conversation.
smiley.php

I'm not trying to make a point. I just thought this information was interesting.
My favorite stat above is Tom Brady at 7-9. I would really like his career record in Hard Rock Stadium to continue to be a losing record. By the way, my research indicates the following is Ryan Tannehill's record (in games he started each year) at Hard Rock Stadium:
2012 5-3
2013 4-4
2014 4-4
2015 3-4 (Game 4 in London [vs. Jets] was designated as a home game)
2016 6-1 (Ryan got hurt in Game 13 [home game win vs. Cardinals] and did not play in Game 16 [home game loss vs. Patriots] )
2018 1 (as of today September 20, 2018)

I do think you can make one point from this:

Adam Gase's team performs REALLY well at home when he has his starting quarterback.

A lot of teams lost their starting QB and then excelled with backups. (Keenum Vikkngs, Foles Eagles, Fitzpatrick Bucs, )

Thats the one thing that concerns me a little- why couldnt Gase get it going? Seems we couldve found a QB capable of sustaining SOME success from 2016.

I think he somewhat "gave up on" that season when RT went down, and maybe used it as a purge to find out who was committed and were good locker teammates and who were not. If that was more his focus, then well done.

Back
Top Bottom