Tannehill Sucked Today | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Sucked Today

Here is the still just after he releases the ball. I don't think Wilson can clear the LB in time.

bIVvliDXQogP4J8X3wOcSpdZpPNQri

One thing that really shows up in still shots from this game is how much the Jets were able to crowd the line of scrimmage while still maintaining lockdown coverage downfield for most of the game.

can we end the "tannehill doesn't have good accuracy" talk already?
even in this last game or the one before that

He's averaging a 72.5% completion rate so far!! (5th in the league)

"b-b-b-but those are all on short throws"

again, another stupid complaint, his average yards per pass is 7.8!!
which is in the top half of the league. .1 below rodgers and tied with big ben. Above players like Wilson, Luck, Ryan, Dalton, Newton, Brady , Flacco, marriota, stafford,Manning, Prescott,etc.

"oh but his passing yards are mostly from YAC"

right....cuz Miami receivers are the only ones in the league that don't get tackled the moment they catch the ball.

Most of y'all need to just admit that you don't watch ANY OTHER FOOTBALL outside of the Dolphins. And even then barely understand what is on your screen.

One thing that really shows up in still shots from this game is how much the Jets were able to crowd the line of scrimmage while still maintaining lockdown coverage downfield for most of the game.

I listened to the game on game pass and lost count of the number of times the announcers said nobody was open.

The play calling on defense for the Jets was really good. They seemed to be pretty dialed in to what we were doing.

Here is the still just after he releases the ball. I don't think Wilson can clear the LB in time.

bIVvliDXQogP4J8X3wOcSpdZpPNQri

I’m not big on stills for stuff like that. It takes out the speed of the game and eliminates the time from the drop to pivot thru progressions. But I will just leave it at this. They sure don’t coach it the way Ryan did it there.

And the lb level is trying to read and run under his eyes. No soup for them on that one.

Late to the party and man I had a lot of quotes lined up, but it's just not worth it. But this was a frustrating read. People not giving credit for the entire final drive because they 'think' he missed a completed throw while under duress in the pocket?! That sentence was even hard to write...

Assertion of the OP: "Tannehill sucked today."

Obvious hyperbole, possible troll, and definite attempt to take a dump on a fanbase that was happy after a pretty crucial win.

You don't get why people came in here and slammed the door on this garbage?
The OP was very hyperbole and unwarranted. On the flip side it seems very odd that some can't come to grips that Tannehill was lackluster for much of the game. Is it bad to want our QB to improve or not linger around 20 points or lower of offense the like the last 6 years? It's week 2 odd delayed game vs Titans and it was a road divisional last week. I think it's time to take it up a notch, don't you?

which is in the top half of the league. .1 below rodgers and tied with big ben. Above players like Wilson, Luck, Ryan, Dalton, Newton, Brady , Flacco, marriota, stafford,Manning, Prescott,etc.

right....cuz Miami receivers are the only ones in the league that don't get tackled the moment they catch the ball.

Most of y'all need to just admit that you don't watch ANY OTHER FOOTBALL outside of the Dolphins. And even then barely understand what is on your screen.
Nice break down bro.

I’m not big on stills for stuff like that. It takes out the speed of the game and eliminates the time from the drop to pivot thru progressions. But I will just leave it at this.

Maybe I am missing what you were saying in the earlier post. I thought you said that Tannehill should have pivoted and waited until Wilson cleared that LB before throwing the ball. I just don't see how that can happen before the rushing LB crushes him.

The OP was very hyperbole and unwarranted. On the flip side it seems very odd that some can't come to grips that Tannehill was lackluster for much of the game. Is it bad to want our QB to improve or not linger around 20 points or lower of offense the like the last 6 years? It's week 2 odd delayed game vs Titans and it was a road divisional last week. I think it's time to take it up a notch, don't you?
I would hardly say he was lackluster for most of the game. but he definitley needs to show a little more assertiveness at certain points in the game. sometimes I feel like he takes a drive "off" where he just doesn't seem to have that fire that the true greats have.

other than 1-2 drives however, I think he was pretty good. he played smart, didin't take unnecessary chances against avery aggressive defense on the road. and played smart. he used his legs brilliantly when he needed to, and led a final drive where he was finally able to end the game with more than 2 minutes on the clock!!

could he have put up more points? sure, that last 6 minte drive surely would have led to more points if they needed to. and the drive where Kilgore fumbled was leading up to more points. If the kicker doesn't miss any kicks in the game we finish with no less than 28 points

but I guess everyone else saw that and is just talking about imaginary stuff at this point .....

smiley.php

One aspect of Tannehill's game that has significantly improved is his accuracy. Can't tell you how many times I've heard the so called experts say "accuracy doesn't improve when you get to the big leagues, if you were inaccurate at college you will be in the NFL."

That is certainly one area Tannehill has improved upon vastly, that first few years, the guy couldn't hit a barn door, especially when going deep and his ball placement was all over the place. Now it's not even an issue, I don't really care a jot that he missed Wilson on that deep throw, I can totally live with that if the majority of the time he is finding his targets and placing the ball where it needs to be.

The main problems I have with him are his pocket awareness (which hasn't improved a bit in his 7 years), his decision making, maybe that's Gase's direction but it's all too often that he takes the high percentage completion route instead of throwing the ball to player who is already beyond the sticks route and related to those two his general football IQ, for a really smart guy he doesn't show that he gets situations on the field enough. Those issues for me scream why he just doesn't have the "IT" factor, rather than his physical tools to play the position which are impressive. Now these may be resolved with coaching and experience so there is still hope.

Not smoke and mirrors, just a run of beating some really bad teams by a close margin and catching some breaks.

The 10 game streak:

30-15 vs Steelers (11-5) - Ajayi 204 yards, 2 TD
28-25 vs Bills (7-9) - Ajayi 214 yards, 1 TD
27-23 vs Jets (5-11)
31-24 vs Chargers (5-11)
14-10 vs Rams (4-12)
31-24 vs 49ers (2-14)
6-38 Loss to Ravens (8-8) - Tannehill, 3 interceptions
26-23 vs Cardinals (7-8-1) - Tannehill went down in 3rd quarter. Matt Moore GWD. Honeybadger hurt, playing Cardinals in middle of 8 game stretch defense giving up 32ppg.
27-20 vs Titans (1-1)...Mariota, Walker, Lewan all injured during strange game
20-12 vs Jets (1-1)

The only team Miami has beaten with a winning record was Pitt and that was do to Ajayi rushing for 204 yards and 2 TD which he then followed up with a 214 yard effort against the Bills.

Looking at the Bills, Jets, Chargers, Rams, 49ers and Cardinals in 2016 those teams were 9-9 playing each other and 21-56-1 playing everyone else which is a .272 winning %.

I hope Tannehill can keep it up and Miami make it to the playoffs. We'll see how good Tannehill is once Miami starts playing good teams and the onus falls on him to deliver in clutch situations.
100% agree! Until we beat strong teams at least 50% of the Time we are just the top of the mediocre ones.

What I really don't get here is the amount of uproar that goes on if someone dares to criticise #17. You would honestly think this was the Tannehill Dolphins for a lot of of folks, when the franchise eventually moves on (either through decision or retirement) what will they do ?

Now it was a highly flammable thread title and the OP began with a statement which is way of base about the stats not lying, that folks can focus in on. But for me at least this whole notion that Tannehill really didn't have a great game, is not as ludicrous as most of our active members seem to think it is.

I'm in most certainly in the camp of "prove to us that you have it" with regards to Tannehill, I'm not convinced at all that he has and I suspect he really doesn't but have an open mind to hopefully being proved wrong.

It seems though that viewpoint is frowned upon and names fly around for these posters from some very vocal folks on here, can we all not grow up a little and quit the "haters" remarks.

Every fin fan on here want the team to do well and I am pretty sure all those that have doubts that 17 is our franchise guy, hopes they are wrong and he shows us this season why Gase has so much faith in him. Critiquing his performances is not hate, it's borne out of frustration and the desire to see the team get better.

Tannehill DIDN'T have a great game. I've pointed that out and agreed with it in a couple different threads. But taking the position that the team won in spite of him is just as silly as saying he was perfect.

I'm sorry if you don't like the "haters" remarks. But they're not knee-jerk reactions to "anyone who dares criticize Tannehill." They're just not. Extremism breeds opposite extremism. I'm not a fan of it, but I'm not just going to say nothing when a few specific posters run around and **** all over anything pro-Tannehill, either.

Back
Top Bottom