Tannehill Sucked Today | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Sucked Today

Well, his pocket awareness was considered a strength coming out of college.

I still don't believe it's a strength of his, but I do believe it's improved under Gase. It wasn't on display this past Sunday, though. I swear, if you listen closely, you can hear me scream from the 300 level on the would-be sack that was wiped out by a defensive holding penalty. I just about ruptured a vocal cord.

I'm sorry if you don't like the "haters" remarks. But they're not knee-jerk reactions to "anyone who dares criticize Tannehill." They're just not. Extremism breeds opposite extremism. I'm not a fan of it, but I'm not just going to say nothing when a few specific posters run around and **** all over anything pro-Tannehill, either.

Case in point:

The main problems I have with him are his pocket awareness (which hasn't improved a bit in his 7 years),

Just an ignorant statement.

23 page thread trashing and defending our starting QB after a win? Interesting to see what this place will look like after a loss and unfortunately and obviously a loss will happen. I can't wait to see who comes out of the woodwork. Somewhere, somebody is sitting back dying for us to lose so they can thump their chests about being right. How sad!

For the record so far he's been exactly what I expected. A guy who makes the routine play at a much higher clip than Jay Cutler which will result in us having a much better offense. Can anyone really argue with that?

I still don't believe it's a strength of his, but I do believe it's improved under Gase. It wasn't on display this past Sunday, though. I swear, if you listen closely, you can hear me scream from the 300 level on the would-be sack that was wiped out by a defensive holding penalty. I just about ruptured a vocal cord.

IMO, it was very good in 2016 and will be very good this year. Just needs to re-adjust to the speed of the game.

Case in point:

I was going to make the point that I could make that comment against your entire post history, but no need to go down that route. But to answer your assertion here, are you really suggesting that I am ignorant to have an opinion or do you really mean I am ignorant because my opinion differs from yours, which seems to be your bullying ploy on these boards with anyone who does not hold Tannehill up as our savior ?

I believe that is the main issue.
I think week 1 was a nice week to get acclimated to getting back, and the Jets game was like being thrown into the fire at times. There was serious pressure for a lot of the game. His feet seemed off like others have said, just didnt seem comfortable in the pocket.

But to say his pocket presence hasn't gotten better since being a rookie? Get lost

I was going to make the point that I could make that comment against your entire post history, but no need to go down that route. But to answer your assertion here, are you really suggesting that I am ignorant to have an opinion or do you really mean I am ignorant because my opinion differs from yours, which seems to be your bullying ploy on these boards with anyone who does not hold Tannehill up as our savior ?
I gotta jump in here and defend FFIB. We've often gone back and forth and disagreed. But I've never found him to be bullying. In fact I tend to personally enjoy the way he structures his arguments and backs things up with solid evidence, which has to some degree forced me to change some of my opinions on Tannehill, and made me much more positive about him coming into this season.

For the record, he called the statement ignorant. Not you.

I gotta jump in here and defend FFIB. We've often gone back and forth and disagreed. But I've never found him to be bullying. In fact I tend to personally enjoy the way he structures his arguments and backs things up with solid evidence, which has to some degree forced me to change some of my opinions on Tannehill, and made me much more positive about him coming into this season.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

IMO, it is just better to avoid the extreme statements:

pocket awareness (which hasn't improved a bit in his 7 years)

This is despite numerous articles describing the improvements made in 2016.

So you back up an ignorant statement with a straw man?
Dude I don't need to back up my opinion, it's my opinion, is it right ? That's a matter of perspective and "opinion". But calling out folks for being ignorant, because their opinion differs from yours, is just bad form man.

For the record, I voiced my "opinion" he called my opinion ignorant.

Dude I don't need to back up my opinion, it's my opinion, is it right ? That's a matter of perspective and "opinion". But calling out folks for being ignorant, because their opinion differs from yours, is just bad form man.

Unless that statement completely defines you as a person, I said this:

Back
Top Bottom