Tannehill Throwing, Without Pain... | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Throwing, Without Pain...

Too bad you couldn't get Tunsil looking at Albert like WTF man. I remember it happened.

Ok I will do these one by one. First gif I cannot see the protection call nor can I see any of the communication bt the o line and the qb. It doesn’t go far enough back.

But I have no doubts that man engages Albert the way he does post snap in a zone scheme to keep his head and eyes from getting to what I would guess is a delayed slot blitz look from harrison. I also can’t see if Harrison is lined up over a receiving option and if he shows pre snap this blitz at all if he does there should be a built in hot over him with likely a safety responsible for the pick up.

I’d like to see that alignment. If I can’t see that alignment and can only go off this gif than I agree that they attacked Albert to release Harrison free to the qb.

Keep in mind the qb is looking that way post snap from the get go which makes me think there is strong possibility for a missed built in hot here. But I’d have to see more than this gif allows.

If not then I agree with the Albert assessment for a blown pick up of a wide delayed rusher.

You still can’t run side ways and hold the ball like a loaf of bread in a playoff game and have it knocked out but it happens.

Root cause off what I know on this gif would be the protection.

The second gif looks to me like the qb must account for it at the los either with the protection call or a check out.

Looks to me like he does not. But again I can’t see far enough back to see the protection call.

That pre snap alignment with the width from the edge blitzer says to me qb has to see that pre snap.

Third gif is a great play by the lb but he’s just running right under Moore’s eyes.

Get depth and run under the qbs eyes ask.

Surprise, Surprise lets take a look at the photos below, shall we?

DsEPdZNWwAMq5lp.jpg

DsAFQ-0UUAAoGeA.jpg
Dr-y1LVX0AIgGxW.jpg
Dr7FqVcUcAEC2Du.jpg
Dr6B59pXQAQ5Ox4.jpg

OK I can take your word for it. I just remember it looked like Tunsil was frustrated with Albert.

You don’t ever need to take my word for it. If you feel like I’m wrong and the tape says something different feel free to let me know and we can go thru it.

That’s the code I live by. The tape will do the talking.

Osweiller is sooooo bad. After this many seasons in the NFL, he still can't put any arc on his deep passes? All that shouting and screaming for presnap reads and half the time he gets the calls wrong. Then his post snap reads are an atrocity. Its primary for .5 seconds to dump route for him.

I wanted to burn down the forums when people actually started saying he was better than Tannehill or a better option or in the same galaxy as a quarterback.

No it's not, the dumb argument is the one where people hold his lack of a playoff appearance against him due to his injury. I'm just pointing out how everyone in Philly gives Carson lots of credit for the SB, even though he too has yet to see the playoffs. I'm not comparing/contrasting the two QB's, just pointing out one QB fairly gets credit for helping
Surprise, Surprise lets take a look at the photos below, shall we?

DsEPdZNWwAMq5lp.jpg

DsAFQ-0UUAAoGeA.jpg
Dr-y1LVX0AIgGxW.jpg
Dr7FqVcUcAEC2Du.jpg
Dr6B59pXQAQ5Ox4.jpg

I can only guess that Tannehill doesn’t have enough pass attempts to be on the list. Brock has less Yac than other qbs who have started 2x as many games. Oh my.

Last edited:
Curious, did you see this somewhere? I haven't seen anything reported anywhere about these throwing sessions.

No pain has been reported.
you lack faith in St Tanny? do you doubt he will be back for Indy?

he called the Philly regression all preseason long? they won the Super Bowl FFS we cant fing see a wild card game.

Last edited:
When Tannehill was at 100% , he wasn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard, so him coming back at what 80- 90% will do what exactly?

When Tannehill was at 100% , he wasn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard, so him coming back at what 80- 90% will do what exactly?

He was ???

185,1,2 (plus fumble for 6 more pts)

Yeah that's super exciting stuff !!

Osweiller is sooooo bad. After this many seasons in the NFL, he still can't put any arc on his deep passes? All that shouting and screaming for presnap reads and half the time he gets the calls wrong. Then his post snap reads are an atrocity. Its primary for .5 seconds to dump route for him.

I wanted to burn down the forums when people actually started saying he was better than Tannehill or a better option or in the same galaxy as a quarterback.

Agreed, Brock is trash.
But then, if Brock is so bad why did Gase allow himself to be convinced to sign him onto the roster and further convinced himself that Brock was his best option after Tannehill's injury?
Gase now has a track record of allowing this to happen and it is concerning. How the hell did Brock beat out Fales who Gase practically gave the #2 QB position to throughout camp?

Agreed, Brock is trash.
But then, if Brock is so bad why did Gase allow himself to be convinced to sign him onto the roster and further convinced himself that Brock was his best option after Tannehill's injury?
Gase now has a track record of allowing this to happen and it is concerning. How the hell did Brock beat out Fales who Gase practically gave the #2 QB position to throughout camp?

It was pretty clear after our last preseason game that Brock had picked up his game and Fales was regressing. This was commented on in this forum by many people who were as surprised at the improvement in Brocks game as they were disappointed in Fales regression. I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of the posters who commented on that.

It was pretty clear after our last preseason game that Brock had picked up his game and Fales was regressing. This was commented on in this forum by many people who were as surprised at the improvement in Brocks game as they were disappointed in Fales regression. I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of the posters who commented on that.

Yes, I mean if they were close there would be no reason to not name Fales the backup. But after those last 2 games it was clear Brock gave us the best shot to win a couple of games if need be. Unfortunately this couple of games has turned into 5 :=(.

Agreed, Brock is trash.

He has done this several times.

Unfortunately I think he places "knowledge of the system" too high on the priority list, thus leaving potentially better players off the roster for lesser talents that know the scheme.

Back
Top Bottom