Tannehill Throwing, Without Pain... | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Throwing, Without Pain...

He has done this several times.

Unfortunately I think he places "knowledge of the system" too high on the priority list, thus leaving potentially better players off the roster for lesser talents that know the scheme.
This is my take on Gase also, disappointing to say the least. But on the other hand he might be trying to cut down on the mistakes.

This is my take on Gase also, disappointing to say the least. But on the other hand he might be trying to cut down on the mistakes.
I'm sure he is.

And I'm not sure it's absolutely the wrong approach, but I would love more talented back up QBs.

It was pretty clear after our last preseason game that Brock had picked up his game and Fales was regressing. This was commented on in this forum by many people who were as surprised at the improvement in Brocks game as they were disappointed in Fales regression. I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of the posters who commented on that.

I wouldn't be surprised either.

Brock has a history of inconsistency though. None of his recent failures are a surprise. His limitations are not a secret. Therefore I surmise that Gase figured he could work with Brock despite his limitations. This gamble doesn't seem to be paying off. What is evident is that Brock is who he has always been. A bad QB who you should not tie your hopes to as a backup.

So right now we’re looking at Tannehill with the potential of no throwing shoulder or Osweiler predictably throwing the ball away as soon as he’s flushed out of he pocket. I just don’t see us scoring an offensive touchdown again all year if we stick with Brock, and I kind of think at this point we’re going to be in the market for a QB this offseason one way or the other. I’ll take a Tannehill who can’t throw but will at least extend play with his legs over BO.

I don't think Tannehill extends plays with his feet. The only time Tannehill runs is when it is a designated run play. As far as scrambling, he lacks pocket awareness and does not think about scrambling until its too late.
Some of the best plays he's ever made were escaping pressure, rolling out, and hitting a receiver downfield.

I'm starting to understand some posters Tannehill hatred. They don't watch him play.

Not the ones I'm thinking of.

Now that you mention it, it'll be nice to see a designed roll out back in the offense.

What plays are you thinking of where he extended it and made a great play happen? I’ve watched every Tannehill game and I don’t recall many plays like this

Tannehill plays very robot like. He runs when told to run and rolls out when told to do that. He : he never seems to be able to scramble to avoid the sack or to extend a play, improvisation is not in his wheel house.

Tannehill plays very robot like. He runs when told to run and rolls out when told to do that. He : he never seems to be able to scramble to avoid the sack or to extend a play, improvisation is not in his wheel house.

Uh huh.

One play where he scrambled. That was the exception rather than the rule. There are so many more plays where he could have avoided the sack but due to his lack of awareness he took the sack. Tannehill is just a guy, average and now an injured JAG.

Back
Top Bottom