Tannehill Throwing, Without Pain... | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Throwing, Without Pain...

I think he could manage 2 fumbles and 3 picks.

Not at the level but c'mon I think lots of QB's could function in those offenses. They are loaded with talent, the blocking is good and the play calling/schemes are also good. Mahomes and Goff are no slouches but I do think lots of NFL QB's could be fine in either offense.

It's kind of like Carsen Wentz last season. Everybody thought he was the 2nd coming of Christ but when the team is so good you win the Super bowl with the backup QB doesn't that tell you something? If you line up Carsen's 2017 numbers and Foles best year they are very similar. In fact what stuck out to me was Foles had a higher YPA meaning he went down the field more often and with more consistency. now I know Wentz is the better player, but he's not the 2nd coming.

Not at the level but c'mon I think lots of QB's could function in those offenses. They are loaded with talent, the blocking is good and the play calling/schemes are also good. Mahomes and Goff are no slouches but I do think lots of NFL QB's could be fine in either offense.

It's kind of like Carsen Wentz last season. Everybody thought he was the 2nd coming of Christ but when the team is so good you win the Super bowl with the backup QB doesn't that tell you something? If you line up Carsen's 2017 numbers and Foles best year they are very similar. In fact what stuck out to me was Foles had a higher YPA meaning he went down the field more often and with more consistency. now I know Wentz is the better player, but he's not the 2nd coming.

Was kinda being sarcastic, because that's what Mahomes put up last night. But I think RT would post big numbers in that offense too.

Hopefully Gase continues to emulate Andy Reid and re-writes his playbook for next year.

Biggest question in my book is whther he rewrote his playbook because of the QB, or if the QB looks better because of the new playcalling philosophy. I kinda wish Alex smith was still there tbh.

Great point
Wentz is struggling this year without the support
Some questioning of him in Philly sportstalk which would have been impossible to imagine last year

do you really believe that? i mean, it won't happen regardless...but honestly you think he performs on that level with the chiefs or rams?

I didn't say that. I'd like to see what he could do surrounded with the talent on those offenses.

Last edited:
Oh please. Have you watched these QB improvise while waiting for receivers to get open?
Have you seen the accuracy down the field?

Tannehill would limit either offense to 20 ppg.

That is a ridiculous statement.

Never ceases to amaze me how much Tannehill hate there is, and how badly it manipulates what is actually happening on the field.

That is a ridiculous statement.

Never ceases to amaze me how much Tannehill hate there is, and how badly it manipulates what is actually happening on the field.

Why is it ridiculous? I dont know how anyone could watch Tannehill and think he's even close to those 2 QBs. Like the poster said, the improvisation is what separates them. Despite his speed Tanny almost never extends plays

Wentz is not struggling this year. He has one bad game otherwise he is balling.

Not struggling? I get the stats, but he hasn't beaten a team with a winning record. Closest he's come is Indy at 5-5, but that was early. The Giants are the only team Philly scored more than 25. People here trash Tannehill for that record. He's certainly not 'carrying his team.'

Now, I'm not against wentz. I think some overrate him, but he's a good QB. But his team record is worse than Miami's and his team clearly has playoff talent.

I'm in the camp I don't expect muc from Tannehill at Indy. By the following week, yes, but first, get him on the field.

Back
Top Bottom