Tannehill Throwing, Without Pain... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Throwing, Without Pain...

Tannehill throwing without pain?....we're saved.

I don't think they'll risk health by throwing in a 50-70% Tannehill. But if they do, I don't think a baby steps game from Tannehill will produce much different results. 17-21 points.
maybe. But how many you gotten from os the last 2 games? 6 and 12

Every time in the red zone fail. Chance I’d take

It's a tough call for several reasons:

1) The OL maybe in worst shape than when Tannehill left. Do you really want to expose him to more hits?
2) The receiving corps is in worst shape than when Tannehill left. Which I would assume would contribute to holding the ball a little longer and see #1
3) I would have to assume his arm strength isn't close to his max ability. Which means he's limited on displaying the full repertoire which smart defenses will exploit.

I'm sure Tannehill is itching to get back out there. But if he's not close to 100% (Which I find hard to believe) I would shut him down for the rest of the year. Here's why:

1) It seems like Tannehills contract is to cost prohibitive to get out of next season. But after that we can dump him if we want
2) So why not use next years draft to secure that OL. Not only for Tannehill but also for whatever QB we acquire in 2020?

Im happy for his health, but I'm tired of trotting out average..

Until Miami get's a legit upside qb I'm never gonna get excited.

I'm all for throwing his butt out there to remove any doubt that Tannehill is an option at QB moving forward.

No Wilson and banged up WRs and OL, Tannehill will make Brock look like a pro-bowler.

It's a tough call for several reasons:

1) The OL maybe in worst shape than when Tannehill left. Do you really want to expose him to more hits?
2) The receiving corps is in worst shape than when Tannehill left. Which I would assume would contribute to holding the ball a little longer and see #1
3) I would have to assume his arm strength isn't close to his max ability. Which means he's limited on displaying the full repertoire which smart defenses will exploit.

I'm sure Tannehill is itching to get back out there. But if he's not close to 100% (Which I find hard to believe) I would shut him down for the rest of the year. Here's why:

1) It seems like Tannehills contract is to cost prohibitive to get out of next season. But after that we can dump him if we want
2) So why not use next years draft to secure that OL. Not only for Tannehill but also for whatever QB we acquire in 2020?

Not a tough call at all if he’s a physical go.

I think the Tannehill outlook is bleak however I also think everyone will be pushing to make it happen. I think they are going to roll him out there if at all possible despite the supposed lack of optimism from within the building (3 ypc. say this). It wouldn't surprise me if they are working on some sort of a pitch count system meaning make 30-40 good throws on Sunday, rest through 3 days of limited, some very limited, practice and repeat. We'll see how it works out. I like Ryan Tannehill, I'll be rooting for this scenario to play out but if it cannot I'm 100% for rolling with Fales. Normally I would never suggest something like this (like the Devlin crowd back in the day) but if Gase wasn't lying and Fales and Brock really were 2A and 2B than what's the difference? The vets shouldn't have an issue with it IF IT was the TRUTH.

Going forward I do whatever I can to keep Tannehill, unpopular opinion I know. I just don't think teddy Bridgewater has shown anything to prove he's better even though for some strange reason lots of folks on here are assuming it. I beg Tanny to take a pay cut and bring a veteran like Bridgewater in for legit competition and if Falk or Fales show enough they can compete as well. If we lose one or both of the very brittle QB's (Tanny, Teddy) we should get a high pick. Either way we be aggressive in getting up the draft board and grabbing someone in 2020.

3 ypc says there’s a lack of optimism inside the building? That counters what the espn guy said after his throwing session Sunday.

Lack of optimism for being ready vs the colts or something else?

Just rooting with glee for bad things to happen to "your team."

GTFO.

rooting for bad things to happen to the dolphins?? that a contradiction in terms.
bad things are not bad if they can be excused away... like... Tanny must be given time to develop etc etc.

Tanny will make the Ds 5-0 the rest of the way I HAVE NO doubt whatsoever about it.

I mean I think he is done . . . .but despite my thoughts he is still under contract with a very significant cap hit in 2019. He certainly gives us the best chance at offensive success but risking further damage for a slim chance at the 6 seed and a first round spanking would be irresponsible.

No way they should chance him unless he is near 90% . But we also had him on the field with a halfway torn ACL in 2016 so who knows.

Its a small step in the right direction and hoping for the best for the guy.
Gase always errs on the side of long range player good, his seat is probably too hot this time, we need all hands on deck, if Thill dosent play again this year he's good as gone from Miami

3 ypc says there’s a lack of optimism inside the building? That counters what the espn guy said after his throwing session Sunday.

Lack of optimism for being ready vs the colts or something else?

The season. They pretty much said anyone they've spoken to isn't optimistic about Ryan coming back at all. My opinion, for what it's worth, is they're really going to try. I think the only way he doesn't come back is if he absolutely cannot. I think at the end of the day it's in the best interest of Tanny and Gase to get him out there. As long as it isn't career threatening I think they are going to do whatever it takes to give it a shot. Obviously if Ryan showed Monday and his arm was trash after throwing Sunday, it's over. We probably won't find out **** until the middle of next week unless it's bad. I'd say no news is good news for now.

Oh and that Dr. Chao dude just tweeted he still thinks there is a better chance we don't see Tanny at all than he plays in week 12. I hope they are wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom