Tannehill To Return To Practice On Tuesday | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill To Return To Practice On Tuesday

OH the draft pick police my favorite. I guess the Browns and all their high picks are the best team in football. The Patriots must suck, they never get a high pick.
Uh, no

The Pats got lucky with Brady, and anyone who tells you otherwise doesn’t know football. If they had a hint he would have been that good, they never would have waited till the 6th round to take him.

And..... add to that, the Broncos and Elway, Cam with the Panthers, Manning with the Colts, and on and on......

Yeah, you could bring up “no guarantees “, Ryan Leaf etc. the FACT is that you likely need ammo to draft your Franchise QB. And high picks ARE that ammo. Anyone who says different is lying to you.

So please don’t bring up Brady again, it’s just silly.

As for the Browns, well, I bet if you were given the chance to swap their entire roster for ours, you would.

Tell me, would you?

Forgive me and all the other posters who are not thrilled with the return of RT. Personally, I know what we have in RT as well as BO. They both suck. I want to know what I have in Fales before I shuffle the deck in the off-season

Last edited:
Uh, no

The Pats got lucky with Brady, and anyone who tells you otherwise doesn’t know football. If they had a hint he would have been that good, they never would have waited till the 7th round to take him.

And..... add to that, the Broncos and Elway, Cam with the Panthers, Manning with the Colts, and on and on......

Yeah, you could bring up “no guarantees “, Ryan Leaf etc. the FACT is that you likely need ammo to draft your Franchise QB. And high picks ARE that ammo. Anyone who says different is lying to you.

So please don’t bring up Brady again, it’s just silly.

As for the Browns, well, I bet if you were given the chance to swap their entire roster for ours, you would.

Tell me, would you?

Forgive me and all the other posters who are not thrilled with the return of RT. Personally, I know what we have in RT as well as BO. They both suck. I want to know what I have in Fales before I shuffle the deck in the off-season

Best 3 QB's in the NFL

Brady 6th round pick
Bress FA (2nd round pick)
Rodgers 25th overall pick

Best 3 QB's in the NFL

Brady 6th round pick
Bress FA (2nd round pick)
Rodgers 25th overall pick
And the next 3????

So you want a mid to later pick in each round, and find your QB that way?

Awesome, tell me who you will pick as QB with the 18th pick this year.

Who??

The problem is some people are ok with Ryan Tannehill when there are younger QBs out there capable of putting up video game numbers.

Deep down we all know how the Book of Ryan Tannehill is going to end, at this point some of you are just too invested to admit it.

See you at 8-8.
I am perfectly fine moving on from Ryan at this point. It is just I don't have to make things up or expect him to put up MVP numbers to make myself feel better . Go get me one of these younger guys putting up video game numbers...it should be easy! See you at reality

And the next 3????

So you want a mid to later pick in each round, and find your QB that way?

Awesome, tell me who you will pick as QB with the 18th pick this year.

Who??

As if all the high R1 picks are elite. Can we just stop this draft high/draft low nonsense? Sufficient data shows higher draft picks are more likely to be top 10. BUT, that same data shows the odds of a top 10 QB in the higher picks is statistically low. This discussion, from posts here, is NOT black and white - pick a R1 QB or not. Everyone here wants the next Marino and everyone here knows Tannehill isn't that guy.

The rub in all these scenarios is no one really knows. It's educated guesses or, in the case of KC, admitted gambling. Some of us don't want to 'bet the farm' on an educated guess. I'd like a R1 QB, but not by moving up more than 1-2 spots and not because it's been 'long enough.' I get the impression I'm in the majority. As impressed as I am with Mahomes, he's guiding a team that was 10-6 last year so his coach and supporting talent were in place.

Wish I could wave a magic wand and stop all this mindless debate on the extremes. I think a significant majority want a better QB and would prefer drafting. The debate within that majority focuses on two main questions. 1) How to identify the target QB. 2) How much additional draft capital, if any, to give up to get him. "Just get one" or "try every year until you get one" is DOA. Just as the eternal 'give Tannehill one more year.'

In any case, Tannehill should be back soon. Fans will know more by end of game '17. At that point, the debate will change to will Miami get a QB in '19 or '20? Right now, I'm guessing '20.

I am perfectly fine moving on from Ryan at this point. It is just I don't have to make things up or expect him to put up MVP numbers to make myself feel better . Go get me one of these younger guys putting up video game numbers...it should be easy! See you at reality

Pay me an NFL GM's salary and i'd be more than happy to find you one. It's more effort than this front office has done.

Yes it is.

"Our 2 highest picks in recent years were Tunsil and Minkah, this team would be f***** without either of them"

"you don't move on from RT until the opportunity presents itself which it really hasn't yet."

Wut?

Sounds like there were two opportunities that you had to justify passing on.

This timing argument is nonsense. Look at nearly all the young QBs putting up big numbers; their franchises went and got them. If Gase didn't have interest in any QB that's fine, but his assessment would be troubling with the talent to come out the last few seasons. If you have a conviction on a QB, go and get him.

This team has lots of needs.

That wasn't the tone this off season. I'm still waiting for my Nascar on Grass*.

Round and Round we go, will anyone be held accountable nobody knows.

Please provide a list of “all the young QB’s putting up big numbers”! There are 2 at this point, Goff and Mahomes. If Goff had been on this team, every single RT hater would have called him a bust and wanted him out by the end of year 2. Anyone who says otherwise is just lying. Mahomes was a huge risk, but he comes in to a winning team who was very good before him. Who are these other amazing players at the QB position?

When you are willing to blow high first round picks on the biggest bust position in football EVERY YEAR, you will have wasted the bulk of your picks and even if you do find the QB of your dreams, the rest of the team will be bad enough that it won’t matter. This is why you don’t waste time on drafting any old QB to come along. You wait and target the one you really believe in. Until then, you use those high picks to make sure the new QB has time to throw and some other difference makers. That is how you build a winning team!

If Gase feels the future is one of the QB’s in the next two drafts, by all means, draft that QB. If not get some other talent instead.

As I recall, Stills took the blame for that INT. He ran the wrong route, Fales threw it before he made the cut
Possibly, but still a bad decision. The Bills had like 5 DBs sitting on that route. Probably why Stills cut it short to begin with.

This is funny to me, because if asked a year or two ago if you would trade for Goff almost everyone on this board would have called him a bust and said absolutely not! Without McVey and an amazingly complete team around him Goff is mediocre at best.

Goff has a perfect coach and system for his style of play and the most complete team in football around him. Did you see how much time he has to throw? Great OL. How about great pass rusher? Goff has that. An amazing TE. Another checkbox filled. Great WR play with tons of speed? You bet. How about a great running attack? The best in the NFL.

Why does any of this matter? Because if you want to win, you need a great team. Even mediocre QB’s can win and look good with the right pieces around them and the right coach. Can you look good with a great QB, yes, but as Mahomes is learning, when great QB’s match up, the best overall team wins. Ask Aaron Rodgers this year as well.

You guys are still obsessed with Tannehill, even though he almost certainly will be replaced next draft or the one after, but no matter who we bring in, we need a good team, and we are nowhere near that yet. Just remember that any QB you draft will be far likely to bust than succeed, so if you want to win, focus on creating a great team first.
what's funny is he didn't even notice that those teams are quite a bit better then the phins. he should have said I wish my TEAM was like theirs.

what's funny is he didn't even notice that those teams are quite a bit better then the phins. he should have said I wish my TEAM was like theirs.
But don’t you think that Drake would be just as good as Hunt and Stills would be as good as Hill and Gesicki would be Kelce 2.0 if only the QB was better?

But don’t you think that Drake would be just as good as Hunt and Stills would be as good as Hill and Gesicki would be Kelce 2.0 if only the QB was better?

Umm I can answer that. Hell no

Back
Top Bottom