Tannehill To Return To Practice On Tuesday | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill To Return To Practice On Tuesday

already hit the ‘life lottery’ young blood... trust

This 'life lottery' is something you constructed in your head; not what I was referring to. That wasn't what my response was directed at anyway. You were being overly dramatic about RT having to play like Mahomes/Goff.

Team building takes patience which is something most fans don't have, you don't move on from RT until the opportunity presents itself which it really hasn't yet. This team has lots of needs, moving on from RT isn't one of them. Thankfully I believe our coach who appears to have a lot of say understands this, even though it seems most fans do not.

Very weird post here. You can't have it both ways. You can't say team building takes patience and NOT groom a backup QB. You are just kicking the can down the road, especially when your starting QB cannot stay healthy for an envelope entire season.

Moving on from Tannehill is absolutely a need. The process needs to start sooner than later. If you are hard pressed to keep him and roll the dice for another year, whatever. But a replacement needs to be found stat when he missed the end of 16 all of 17 and half of 18. It boggles my mind how people are cool with that.

I saw that gase presser yesterday and I was just about convinced that Ryan would play this week.

Notice gase mentioned execution for what needed to be better. Yeah he said both sides of the ball but on offense that aspect of things is about to get a much needed boost.

I saw that gase presser yesterday and I was just about convinced that Ryan would play this week.

Notice gase mentioned execution for what needed to be better. Yeah he said both sides of the ball but on offense that aspect of things is about to get a much needed boost.

Hope so. They are supposed to practice today. I've been on Twitter, usually they would be practicing now and his presser would be soon. They are doing things later today.

Reading the posts in this thread this place is sad. People would rather watch Brock os blow chunks than get back a competent qb.

Even if Ryan is a little off Sunday it still won’t be anywhere near as off as osweiler has been for over a month now.

Very weird post here. You can't have it both ways. You can't say team building takes patience and NOT groom a backup QB. You are just kicking the can down the road, especially when your starting QB cannot stay healthy for an envelope entire season.

Moving on from Tannehill is absolutely a need. The process needs to start sooner than later. If you are hard pressed to keep him and roll the dice for another year, whatever. But a replacement needs to be found stat when he missed the end of 16 all of 17 and half of 18. It boggles my mind how people are cool with that.

Never said I didn't want a back up QB, hell I may even advocate for Miami to draft the Duke guy if he falls to us and is a great value. But moving on from RT is not a need for this team, improving the entire defense, run game and interior offensive line is. So glad we didn't do what the Jests or Cardinals did last year and trade up for an overrated bum just to appease the stupid fan base, we were smart and went with the best football player. Hopefully that continues.

Last edited:
Never said I didn't want a back up QB, hell I may even advocate for Miami to draft the Duke guy if he falls to us and is a great value. But moving on from RT is not a need for this team, improving the entire defense, run game and interior offensive line is. So glad we didn't do what the Jests or Cardinals did last year and trade up for an overrated bum just to appease the stupid fan base, we were smart and went with the best football player. Hopefully that continues.

Not sure what you mean. Most teams don't draft QBs to be backups, at least in the early rounds. We are in a perilous situation where we have a starting QB who has now gone out in what might as well be back to back years at pivotal points. A backup with starting potential is a 100000% percent need with a vulnerable starter, which we have.

I would also counter that our entire defense does not need an overhaul. There are peices, sure, priority being the line, but entirely? No. I'll give you RB and we are just injured this year on OL, it is manageable, just need to use later picks for second and third strings.

Not sure what you mean. Most teams don't draft QBs to be backups, at least in the early rounds. We are in a perilous situation where we have a starting QB who has now gone out in what might as well be back to back years at pivotal points. A backup with starting potential is a 100000% percent need with a vulnerable starter, which we have.

I would also counter that our entire defense does not need an overhaul. There are peices, sure, priority being the line, but entirely? No. I'll give you RB and we are just injured this year on OL, it is manageable, just need to use later picks for second and third strings.

They brought in Luke Falk.

"QB's of the future" aren't just falling from trees for us to "groom."

Hour or two away from the practice update. Tick tock tic tock........

It's all about timing, people will understand this better when the NYG take over the NFCE in a few years because they wisely drafted Barkley instead of overrated Darnold. Our 2 highest picks in recent years were Tunsil and Minkah, this team would be f***** without either of them. Team building takes patience which is something most fans don't have, you don't move on from RT until the opportunity presents itself which it really hasn't yet. This team has lots of needs, moving on from RT isn't one of them. Thankfully I believe our coach who appears to have a lot of say understands this, even though it seems most fans do not.
So you are proclaiming the Giants did the right thing by selecting a RB (A great one) over a QB? You are also already burying Darnold? Good one dude

Reading the posts in this thread this place is sad. People would rather watch Brock os blow chunks than get back a competent qb.

Even if Ryan is a little off Sunday it still won’t be anywhere near as off as osweiler has been for over a month now.
Who would rather watch OSweiler? Only a couple guys who want to tank the season already.

I am giddy with the urge to fall asleep... I mean excitement.

Back
Top Bottom