Tannehill Traded To Titans | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Traded To Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... this snowballed quickly.

I prefer the end of Braveheart where he's yelling freedom but still hurting.

Come on, fellas. RT was a soldier for us. And when I say soldier I mean he was KIA'ed often.

He's gone now. Costs you nothing to give him some props as we move on.

The LotR end scene is actually one of my favorite cinematic scenes, a heartfelt goodbye, it wasn't meant sarcastically. Though it didn't work out in Miami, I wish Tannehill the best in Tennessee, hope he gets another shot over there with some better O-line play.

Finally a resolution good luck young man but im glad both parties moved on.

I think a lot of the fans who defended him didn't want to face the reality that he wasn't *the guy* to finally take the torch from Marino's legacy after sifting through the trash for the first 12 seasons since his retirement.

Tannehill gave it his all, but it simply wasn't enough. We start over, hopefully with a blue chip, high-caliber quarterback coming out of the draft.

If he was a starting caliber QB we would’ve gotten more than a next years 4th, and he would’ve gotten more than $7m.

I mean - people (including me) didn’t even want Foles here and the Eagles will literally receive more via comp picks than we got in a trade.

You nor I have no idea the intentions of why the Titans pulled off that trade.

I could name 50 players that made huge impacts in the NFL from the 5th round up and we got a 4th. The 7th / 6th trade was a wash.

5th round Zach Thomas ring a bell?

Big learning from the Tannehill era is that we need to ascertain much quicker if our QB really does have the ability to progress to become a franchise caliber QB or not. While Ryan showed some flashes of talent, too many of us lived in the hope that he could make it to a higher level than accept the reality that his lack of pocket presence and his slowness in reading Defenses were major liabilities. He was also too thin.
Drafting QBs is hit or miss and even when you get a really good one, there is always the risk of major injury. Top coaches and GMs like Belichick would not have doubled down again and again and again (like Philbin/Ireland and Gase/Tannenbaum) effectively did with Tannehill. OK - Ryan had bad luck with the ACL injury, but we shouldn't have had all our eggs in just one basket. Let's not forget that in the same Draft, Mike Shanahan of the Washington Redskins drafted Kirk Cousins in the 3rd round as insurance if RG3 turned out to be a bust.
Tannehill flashed potential upside in some games but we needed to be investing in other options along the way rather than being forced to drag Jay Cutler out of retirement for $10M in an unexpected emergency.
Philbin, Sherman, Ireland, Lazor, Gase and Tannenbaum all effectively ended up getting the bullet because Tannehill was just an OK QB (with some major deficiencies).

Last edited:
You nor I have no idea the intentions of why the Titans pulled off that trade.

I could name 50 players that made huge impacts in the NFL from the 5th round up and we got a 4th. The 7th / 6th trade was a wash.

5th round Zach Thomas ring a bell?

What does any of that have to do with Tannehill?

He signed a new contract for $7m a year to play as a backup behind Mariota and we got a 4th round pick next year....if he’s a quality starting caliber QB, he sure isn’t being compensated like one. That’s all I’m saying.

What does any of that have to do with Tannehill?

He signed a new contract for $7m a year to play as a backup behind Mariota and we got a 4th round pick next year....if he’s a quality starting caliber QB, he sure isn’t being compensated like one. That’s all I’m saying.

You're acting like the 4th round pick in 2020 we got is a bag of peanuts. What did the Raiders give the Steelers for Antonio Brown???

A 3rd and a 5th. Do the math.

Well... this snowballed quickly.

I prefer the end of Braveheart where he's yelling freedom but still hurting.

Come on, fellas. RT was a soldier for us. And when I say soldier I mean he was KIA'ed often.

He's gone now. Costs you nothing to give him some props as we move on.

Seriously
Some here are total a-holes
Enduring years of dog poo QBs then getting a guy who hung in there as tough as can be getting pummeled consrantly throwing 4k yards and 25tds enduring the dumbest offensive schemes ever and the worst offensive lines ever these few really piss me off
Good luck RT

You're acting like the 4th round pick in 2020 we got is a bag of peanuts. What did the Raiders give the Steelers for Antonio Brown???

A 3rd and a 5th. Do the math.

Antonio Brown is making $17m a year, more than twice as much as Tannehill at a lesser paid position, and he’ll be starting on Sundays.

I don’t need to do the math. Not trying to argue , I think enough has been said at this point.

I’m happy for the guy.

Antonio Brown is making $17m a year, more than twice as much as Tannehill at a lesser paid position, and he’ll be starting on Sundays.

I don’t need to do the math. Not trying to argue , I think enough has been said at this point.

I’m happy for the guy.

LOL" Talking about what does any of that have to do with . " like in your prior post.

What does any of that have to do with what Antonio Brown is making a year, we're talking about what trade value we got for Ryan and I threw in the top receiver in the NFL only garnished a 3rd and 5th vs Dolphins getting a 4th and a polished 7th for Ryan who many thought had no value.

What either player is making is irrelevant on trade value.

Ever think that the Titans offered less do to Ryan's price tag even after his new restructure?

Last edited:
The nightmare is finally over - not really a nightmare, over exaggerating. This needed to be done in the middle of his second year. I guess I can get rid of my signature now.:up:

This makes the tank very real unless they get a legit QB before the season. Doubt they will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom