Tannehill Traded To Titans | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Traded To Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We robbed the Titans. :lol:

Just came back from Twitter flaming 3 separate Titan fans (I think) who were first bumping each other about how the Titans hosed us.

There is no winner/loser here. We got draft ammo and they get a quality backup...who might unseat Mariota. They are the same QB to me. Tannehill being a better passer.

Just came back from Twitter flaming 3 separate Titan fans (I think) who were first bumping each other about how the Titans hosed us.

There is no winner/loser here. We got draft ammo and they get a quality backup...who might unseat Mariota. They are the same QB to me. Tannehill being a better passer.
Basically. I would think Tannehill could net a 3rd but that contract is horrible. I guess decent trade for both. But if the titans took on that contract that's awful for them

Garbage deal. We got what essentially what amounts to a fifth round value, 35 pts, and not this year but next year.
They would've been much better off cutting him post June 1, saving 5.6 mil this year, and resigning James with that money, or getting Trent Brown. Instead they got some garbage value to play with.

This guy is not doing it.

Tannehill is gone and our bad oline is worse off now than when it was bad. The picks were gravy.

This is a total rebuild. I didnt want.James to go, but when he did...I knew the tank was on...and I'm fine with it.

Basically. I would think Tannehill could net a 3rd but that contract is horrible. I guess decent trade for both. But if the titans took on that contract that's awful for them

I was happy for the return. Keenum went for a 7th and Flacco went for a 4th.

Tannehill's ceiling was a 4th...IMO. To get a 3rd would be to ignore the careers of Keenum and Flacco as they compare to Tannehill's.

Good news is we have over 100 million next year now. This is about next year and beyond . Anybody worried about this year's cap is too short sided. This is a long term plan

Um no, I think you basically you complained for 4 or more years he wasn't a starting caliber QB and now you're taking credit for him going to the Titans in his 8th season?

o_O
I’m sure I predicted it in a post or two. Vaark I see you

Wow. A lot of posters back from the dead...makes me wonder if there will ever be true rest from the Tannehate on this forum.

Kudos to the FO for getting anything in return given RT’s contract, and thanks to RT for working with the Dolphins instead of forcing a cut for nothing.

While it is clear that RT was no longer a fit in Miami, he was a consummate professional that gave it his all and I wish him the best with Tennessee. I have always felt that he was never really able to hit his ceiling here due to constant coaching upheaval, poor OL play, and a team with few weapons unable to play complementary football. It will be interesting to see how my theory holds up with the strong OL and good running game he will have with the Titans. If he is going to take the next step, Tennessee is a nice landing spot for him.

Very curious how The FO will handle the QB situation now. Personally, I hope there are no retreads or reclamation plans in the works. A QB will need to be drafted, and with the fire sale going on, if they don’t hit on the QB, Miami could easily become Cleveland South for a long time. Here’s to hoping they get it right!

Good news is we have over 100 million next year now. This is about next year and beyond . Anybody worried about this year's cap is too short sided. This is a long term plan

I do not care how much cap space we have if we do not a person that will use it wisely. We should have changed GM's in my opinion but maybe with more overall say so he surprises all.
I just feel he has been a a part of the problem since he has had a say one way or another in the makeup of this team for quite a while

Getting anything for Tannehill is a win compared to just cutting him. The 4th is basically a 5th since it is in 2020. I just hope we go out and get good players and am not in favor of a tank job. If we sign a qb sign a low budget with potential. I am all about creating cap space and if we can get a good player at a low cost by all means do it.

RT made a fortune here in Miami.
He is set for life.
The team made the right move starting over.
Hopefully the choices made in the next 2 drafts will put the team back at the top of the AFC east where we belong.

It is a great move by the Titans given Mariota’s injury hystory. Also good for Ryan. Nothing wrong with living in Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom