Tannehill: Waiting For The Draft... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill: Waiting For The Draft...

He'll be alright, he'll be in demand if cut

I don't understand how folks don't get this. I don't know all the QBs that will be available in FA, but i do know very few will be more appealing than Tannehill. In some places, he can come in and compete for a starting position and practically everywhere else he can come in and be a back-up that can help you win games.

If he goes to a team(which is most) that has at least a serviceable OL he will do well.

BTW, don't be surprised if he ends up with Gase on the Jets!

I think we have to unload him before the first offensive installs start. Don’t want an easy download of the new offense for another team.

It depends on what are new HC wants to do with him.

Currently he is the best we've got. He is also expensive, but so are most experienced NFL QB free agents. Who will we get as a replacement and what they cost will need to be factored in. I really don't know what his final status will be, but if he is going to be cut, look for it to occur either just after we get our new HC or near the cut date deadline, depending on which side of that deadline will give us the most financial relief.
This.

He will get paid be it back up or starter, can't say by whom but solid qbs are always in demand.

Yeah...solid QBs are.

Like Gase, i think he may get a pass from being on a cery bad team plus he is clean as the driven snow except when he is under center of our crappy oline.

The Dolphins aren't a "very bad team". We're a mediocre team who was held back by crappy QB play and coaching...as evidenced by the Browns turn-around. I can't accept the team having a crappy o-line excuse because Wilson and Luck played behind worse o-lines and they made the payoffs and were expected to make noise in the playoffs.

You think he'll be bagging groceries?

No..I think he'll be holding clipboards. If not this year, the following year when a team realizes how limited he is.

I don't understand how folks don't get this. I don't know all the QBs that will be available in FA, but i do know very few will be more appealing than Tannehill. In some places, he can come in and compete for a starting position and practically everywhere else he can come in and be a back-up that can help you win games.

If he goes to a team(which is most) that has at least a serviceable OL he will do well.

I would love it. The most polarizing people from the fins on an AFC rival. Would be a blessing.

If a qb goes down on a playoff team early in the season he'll be a top target. That bwing said, i think he is a starter and will get paid like one. If we don't handle this right I'll be pisses once again...he is value for us and we have to get a pick

Yeah...solid QBs are.

The Dolphins aren't a "very bad team". We're a mediocre team who was held back by crappy QB play and coaching...as evidenced by the Browns turn-around. I can't accept the team having a crappy o-line excuse because Wilson and Luck played behind worse o-lines and they made the payoffs and were expected to make noise in the playoffs.

No..I think he'll be holding clipboards. If not this year, the following year when a team realizes how limited he is.
I disagree, we are as disfunctional as the Browns were and others know this. Gase was horrendous and got a job easily.

This is the year we purge all of the bad contracts, take the cap hits, & prepare to rebuild. Tannehill, Quinn, & Branch are definitely gone & I would get rid of Alonso now too.

Well if he’s holding a clip board, I wish it was for us under a restructured contract, if that’s possible.. Wouldn’t mind him coming in for an emergency game or two if our new starter goes down briefly.
Maybe Lauren wants to stay rooted in Fla?

I'm so happy to hear they're going to try and solidify the trenches first and then try and get a top tier QB.

Music to my ears! Further if you watch the playoff games you'll notice all the OLs have been outstanding for the most part. There weren't free runners, a lot of blown assignments and both running and passing lanes.

You can't win in this league without a decent to above average OL. It's too hard and puts too much pressure on the QB position.

Last edited:

he will find a job like you said and could start for some teams. The reason I can't see him going to the jets tho is that Gase shouldn't want to have Darnold looking over his shoulder. I don't think that'd be good for him. Any other team without a 2nd year 1st round pick QB and I can see Gase bringing him but to the jets I doubt it.....just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom