Tannehill: Waiting For The Draft... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill: Waiting For The Draft...

It would have been so easy to avoid this guy in the first place. We could have been vaguely aware that he was in the league somewhere.

he will be our starting qb in 2019. they will reduce his pay check.

They’re not restructuring his contract again and I doubt he will he agree to a paycut. They’ll wipe his contract off the books by accepting a low round draft pick and paying a portion of his contract or cutting him outright. They’ll clear out guys with bad contracts and eat the dead money so they can start fresh. Not only that I have my doubts the fanbase will accept seeing 17 on the roster next year. It makes the legitimacy of rebuilding questionable.

They’re not restructuring his contract again and I doubt he will he agree to a paycut. They’ll wipe his contract off the books by accepting a low round draft pick and paying a portion of his contract or cutting him outright. They’ll clear out guys with bad contracts and eat the dead money so they can start fresh. Not only that I have my doubts the fanbase will accept seeing 17 on the roster next year. It makes the legitimacy of rebuilding questionable.

Yeah, I think this is the most likely scenario. I really like the guy, and I've really hoped each year he'd take the step to the next level but right now, I want a complete fresh start. I think a change of scene would benefit him as well.

IMHO Tannehill stays, this teams failure did not rest at his feet alone, he had respectable numbers but his o-line was crap all season long, and he missed 5 games because of it, so get rid of s serviceable QB just to rebuild, it sounds like a plan that is doomed to fail, build o-line up to protect it's QB, bring in a backup you can trust and roll with it.

He will get paid be it back up or starter, can't say by whom but solid qbs are always in demand. Like Gase, i think he may get a pass from being on a cery bad team plus he is clean as the driven snow except when he is under center of our crappy oline.
You think he'll be bagging groceries?

Who do you think was responsible for making this a “very bad team”?
Gase and RT get a pass?

He'll be traded and they will find somebody to be a cheap stopgap. Maybe just roll with Luke Falk and a rookie

Keep him. A smart organization would keep him, rebuild some value then trade him if he starts out well the first half. Only downside is he plays well next year and they go 8-8, so trade him 4-6 weeks into the season. Its doubtful they do better than 500 during that period as long as they move on/trade key vets like Alonso, Jones, Quinn, Sitton, etc. Not getting a whole lot now for RT; maybe a 5th from a desperate team willing to roll the dice. No sense worrying about his cap hit. They’re not spending tons of money overall so will be fine there.

Our next HC needs to say they want to keep Tannehill so a dumb GM like from Redskins will offer a good pick. Dont forget Sam Bradford got a good pick in the trade.

Who do you think was responsible for making this a “very bad team”?
Gase and RT get a pass?
Not at all, 17 wasn't the one but play calling, failing to develop a oline and piss poor drafting has failed everybody. I blame ross, tannenbaum, maybe Grier, Gase , 17. He'll be employed , I'd bet in short time too

Back
Top Bottom